• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Business Proposal - See what the conman is up to

mei mei

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ever gets one of those business proposal from the email - whether it is a rich widow who died or Saddam Hussien's forgotten bank account, you will be asked to help to move the money. You know money don't come easy. You know it is a scam. Most of the time, people delete the email. But ever wonder what these conman are up to? Let's find out. Here is one such recent scam:

To:
Sent: Thursday, June 14, 2012 6:54 AM
Subject: From: Cheung Pui/Business Proposal

MR. CHEUNG PUI
HANG SENG BANK LTD.
DES VOEUX RD. BRANCH,
CENTRAL HONG KONG,
HONG KONG.

Let me start by introducing myself. I am Mr Cheung Pui director of operations Hang Seng Bank Ltd. I have an obscured business suggestion for you. Before the U.S and Iraqi war our client Major Fadi Bassem who was with the Iraqi forces and also a business man made a numbered fixed deposit for 18 calendar months, with a value of twenty four million five hundred thousand United State Dollars in my branch. Upon maturity several notices was sent to him, even during the war. Again after the war another notification was sent and still no response came from him. We later found out that the Major and his family had been killed during the war in a bomb blast that hit their home.

After further investigations it was also discovered that Major Fadi Bassem did not declare any next of kin in his official papers including the paper work of his bank deposit. And he also confided in me the last time he was at my office that no one except me knew of his deposit in my bank.

As you can see, twenty four million five hundred thousand United States Dollars is still lying in my bank and no one will ever come forward to claim it. What bothers me most is that according to the by-laws of my country at the expiration of 9 years the funds will revert to the ownership of the Hong Kong Government if nobody applies to claim the funds. Against this backdrop, my suggestion to you is that I will like you as a foreigner to stand as the next of kin to Major Fadi Bassem so that you will be able to receive his funds.

WHAT IS TO BE DONE:

I want you to know that I have had everything planned out so that we will come out successful. I have contacted an attorney that will prepare the necessary document that will back you up as the next of kin to Major Fadi Bassem, all that is required from you at this stage is for you to provide me with your full name and address so that the attorney can commence his job, after you have been made the next of kin, the attorney will also file in for claims on your behalf and secure the necessary documentation for the movement of the funds to an account that will be provided by you.

There is no risk involved at all in the matter as we are going to adopt a legalized method and the attorney will prepare all the necessary documents. Please endeavor to observe utmost discretion in all matters concerning this issue. Once the funds have been transferred, we shall share in the ratio of 70% for me, 25% for you and 5% for any expenses incurred during the course of this operation. Should you be interested please send me your private phone and fax numbers for easy communication, you can write me via my private box ([email protected]) and finally after that I shall provide you with more details of this operation.

Your earliest response to this letter will be appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Mr. Cheung Pui.

mei mei

Alfrescian
Loyal
So I replied to see what our con-friend Mr Cheng is up to. Of course Bill Pentel is fake so is the San Francisco address.

Mr Cheng

I am interested. My name and address is:

Bill Pentel
444 Battery St
San Francisco, CA94111-3228
United States
I will agree to help if we split 50-50%.

Bill

mei mei

Alfrescian
Loyal
Mr Cheng sensed a bite in his fishing line, here is his reply. Mr Cheng also attached a photo of his family, passport and bank id to make it real.

Hello Bill Pentel,

I appreciate the fact that you are ready to assist me in executing this project, and also you will help me in investing my money in your country, I am quite certain about that. Due to this issue on my hands now, it became necessary for me to seek your assistance. You should not have anything to worry about. I will do everything legally required to ensure that the project goes smoothly, it shall pass through all Laws of International Banking, you have my word. If we work seriously, the entire transaction should be over in a few days. I have agreed to increase your share to 30%. This is the best I can do.

PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING AND GET BACK TO ME:

Firstly, I will want to know precisely the type of occupation that you do. You should note that this project is highly capital intensive, this is why I have to be very careful. I need your total devotion and trust to see this through. I know we have not met before, but I am very confident that we will be able to establish the necessary trust that we need to execute this project.

I am now in contact with a foreign online bank that we shall be using as an intermediary bank for this transaction. The funds will be transferred to this bank in your names (once I have had you confirmed as the next of kin). This is the best way. I have found it will protect us from my bank. I want us to enjoy this money in peace when we conclude this transaction and get access to the funds. So you should listen to my instructions and follow them judiciously. Also You have to know that I cannot transfer this money in my names as my bank will be aware that it is from me, this is where I need you. I have done an extensive research on this bank (being a banker myself) and they are perfect for this transaction. They have the same telex type as my bank here in Hong Kong and as such the transfer will be seen as in-house and will take approximately eight hours to reach them once I have effected it (the transfer). Once the funds are in the intermediary bank, you can then make safe and installment transfers to your nominated bank accounts in your country. I will then send you my own bank account information for you to transfer my share of the money. I hope you understand this explicitly.

My dear Friend, I want to invest in your country's Financial market and I would like you to be my middleman in this venture. I hope this is okay with you. You will virtually be a brother to me now with what we will be achieving together and I would like us to continue this partnership. With time, I would like to quit my job and come over to your country with my Family to live there. But I have to take things gradually so as not to arouse any suspicion at my bank so we could be looking at a time frame of 3-6 months for me to quit my job.

Before I commence, I will need you to send me a copy of your Identification (i.e. your international passport or driver's license). This is what the Attorney will be using to effect the change of beneficiary in your names making you the next of kin for this transaction. I am using a very reputable Law Firm over here called Barlow Lyde and Gilbert as I want to ensure that all the proper modalities are put in place for the smooth facilitation of this transaction. I am attaching to this mail for your perusal, my international passport, bank ID and family picture.

Lastly, my dear Friend, I must stress the need for you to maintain the highest level of confidentiality and decorum at all times in this transaction. We do not want to run into any trouble in trying to get these funds and we should keep the details of this transaction strictly to ourselves. I am very close to my Wife but even at this, she does not know the details of this transaction. I am keeping everything close to my chest until we get access to the funds. I want you to do the same too. Please let me know you understand all this. I am speaking to you as a brother because that is what we will virtually be with what we stand to achieve together and, if we work well together, our friendship and partnership is going to be for life. This is the mettle of us Chinese.

Please reply soonest.

Kind Regards,
Cheung.
Telephone No: +85230199410

mei mei

Alfrescian
Loyal
So I can see Mr Cheng is trying to get my id, at this time I have no id to send to Mr Cheng, so I try to bypass the id topic:

Dear Cheung

I am very excited and will be happy to assist you.

I am a mining engineer with 20 years of mining and exploration experience.

What intermediary bank will you be using? I used the California Bank & Trust.

You can send the funds to:

BILL PENTEL
C/O CALIFORNIA BANK & TRUST
1696 POST ST
SAN FRANCISCO, CA94115
U.S.A.
(415) 923-0800

Don't forget to send me your bank information. I need to send the money to you.

Cheers
Bill

mei mei

Alfrescian
Loyal
Mr Cheng did not bite, still insist on id.

Hello Bill Pentel,

Thanks for your early reply. The Intermediary bank I will be using for this transaction is Wing Hang Bank, Hong Kong, China. However I will need you to send me a copy of your Identification (i.e. your international passport or driver's license) as earlier requested. This is what the Attorney will be using to effect the change of beneficiary in your names making you the next of kin for this transaction.

I await your soonest reply so we can commence the transaction in earnest.

Kind regards,
Cheung.

mei mei

Alfrescian
Loyal
So now I decide to play Mr Cheung's game. I make some fake id! I google for some sample California Id, save the photo, photoshop it to change the name to Bill Pentel with that same San francisco address. Now ready to send the fake id to Mr Cheung and play his game:

Hello Cheung

Which branch of Wing Hang Bank will you be using and what is the address of the branch?

I attached my license as requested. If you have problems with Attorney, you do not need to worry. I have my own Attorney that can assist you with the transaction. My Attorney has contacts in Hong Kong.

Best Regards
Bill

mei mei

Alfrescian
Loyal
Mr Cheung now ask me to open 3 bank accounts, I wonder now how will Mr Cheung con me? I think I can guess but I just can't wait to see what mr Cheung will say to make me part with my money!!

Dear Bill Pentel,

I am in receipt of your email and the copy of your identification. I thank you for it.

I have already begun proceedings to have you confirmed as the next of kin for this transaction. This will take about two working days and as soon as it is done, the paperwork will be sent to my bank and I will be effecting the transfer of the funds, same day, to the Intermediary bank that we shall be using for this transaction.

What this means is that I will be effecting the transfer of the funds on Friday (22nd) to the Intermediary bank (Wing Hang Bank, 161 Queen's Road, Central, Hong Kong) and as soon as I do so, I shall send you their contact details for you to make contact with them. This bank is based in Hong Kong and they are perfect for this transaction. I have done an extensive research on them being a banker myself. They have the same telex type as my bank and as such, the transfer will be seen as in-house and will take approximately eight hours to reach them. From there, you can now transfer the funds in safe bits to your nominated bank accounts.

I will require you to open three different bank accounts in three different banks (if you don't have them already) as this is where you will be transferring the funds to. If you have business accounts then this would be better as it would be able to absorb the funds easier. Please confirm this to me immediately.

I am expecting your prompt response.

Kind Regards,
Cheung.

mei mei

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wow, Mr Cheung has transferred 24 million dollars to Bill Pentel, how nice. Looks convincing so far, right?

Dear Bill Pentel,

How are you doing? I hope everything is fine with you.

My dear Friend, I have effected the transfer of the funds to the Intermediary bank this morning my time. Like I already told you, the intermediary bank is in Hong Kong and they have the same telex type as my bank and the transfer will be seen as in-house and it will take approximately eight hours for the funds to reach them. I want you to make immediate contact with them. This is their contact details:

WING HANG BANK
161 Queen's Road, Central,
Hong Kong,
CHINA.

E-mail: [email protected]

TELEPHONE:
(852)8191 7359
FAX:
(852)8121 2676

Contact Official: Tung, Che Yee

I will like you to contact them today through email. The name of the contact official in charge of Foreign Transfers is Tung, Che Yee.

These are the banking co-ordinates that you will be required to quote when you contact them:

PAY THROUGH:HANG SENG BANK LTD
SAI WAN HO BRANCH
171 SHAUKIWAN ROAD
HONG KONG
CHINA.
UNDER ADVISE OF:BOFACATTFCF
HSB601/125682/590

BENEFICIARY BANK:WING HANG BANK
FOREIGN CURRENCY SERVICES
ACCOUNT NUMBER:10452-051

FOR FURTHER CREDIT TO CUSTOMER:
WING HANG BANK
161 QUEEN'S ROAD,
CENTRAL,
HONG KONG,
CHINA.

BANK ROUTING NUMBER:026002574

NAME ON ACCOUNT:BILL PENTEL
444 BATTERY ST
SAN FRANCISCO, CA 94111-3228
USA
AMOUNT:US$24,500,000(190,054,324.55HKD(HONG KONG DOLLARS)

What you will be required to send to the bank as proof is your ID and the banking co-ordinates that I have sent to you in this email. The funds have been transferred to Wing Hang Bank in your name as the beneficiary and what you will be required to do is to make the transfer of the funds from Wing Hang Bank to your nominated bank accounts. Do not worry, I shall be guiding you every step of the way. Let us take things one step at a time. Please go ahead immediately to contact Wing Hang Bank quoting the banking co-ordinates and sending them a scanned copy of your ID.

Please confirm receipt of this email.

Kind Regards,
Cheung.

mei mei

Alfrescian
Loyal
Mr Cheung now exits from the picture. His sidekick Mr Che Yee Tung claiming to be from Wing Hang Bank now takes over. Now he wants a copy of my uility bill or phone bill to show poof of address.

Dear Valued Client,
Attention:Bill Pentel

Thank you for Banking with Wing Hang Bank. We received a deposit from Hang Seng Bank Limited, Hong Kong, China in a new account stating you as the beneficiary. To enable us facilitate proceedings and forward the funds to you, we require that you forward the Requirements stated below to enable us Authenticate and verify that you are the Beneficiary.

1)Identification (International Passport/Driver's License).

2)Copy of a utility bill (gas, electricity, water, council tax) or a home telephone bill or a mobile phone bill. The name on the draft of the bill you are to present should match with your name on the identifying document.

On receipt of the copy of your identification and proof of address, we shall forward you your online account information so you can access and make transfers from your account online to your receiving Banking Co-ordinates.

Note:Mr. Che Yee Tung is your Account Manager so all correspondence regarding the funds with Wing Hang Bank should go through Him either by this email address or by his tel/fax details stated below.

Thank you for opting for our services as our clients satisfaction is our main priority. Awaiting your prompt response.

Regards,
Che Yee Tung
Wing Hang Bank
161 Queen's Road
Central, Hong Kong
Tel:+852 8191 7359
Fax:+852 8121 2676
******************************************************************************************************************************************
This email is from Wing Hang Bank. Its contents are confidential to the intended recipient(s) at the email address(es) to which it has been addressed. It may not be disclosed to or used by anyone other than the addressee(s), nor may it be copied in anyway. If received in error, please contact the sender, then delete it from your system. Although this email and attachments are believed to be free of virus, or any other defect which might affect any computer or IT system into which they are received and opened, it is the responsibility of the recipient to ensure that they are virus free and no responsibility is accepted by Wing Hang Bank for any loss or damage arising in any way from receipt or use thereof. *******************************************************************************************************************************************

mei mei

Alfrescian
Loyal
Because I do not have a sample utility or phone bill from San Francisco to make a fake copy, I try to bypass it but Che Yee Tung did not bite.

Dear Mr Che

Attached is my driver's license for identification. I am now at the mines in a remote mining area and therefore have no access to the mail. Please let me know if you need anything else from me and send me the account information.

Best Regards
Bill

Dear Valued Client,
Attention:Bill Pentel

We are in receipt of the copy of your driver's license you sent. Additionally we require you send a copy of a utility bill (gas, electricity, water, council tax) or a home telephone bill or a mobile phone bill. The name on the draft of the bill you are to present should match with your name on the driver's license you sent.

On receipt of the copy of your proof of address, we shall forward you your online account information so you can access and make transfers from your account online to your receiving Banking Co-ordinates.

Remain advised.
Regards,
Che Yee Tung
Wing Hang Bank
161 Queen's Road
Central, Hong Kong
Tel:+852 8191 7359
Fax:+852 8121 2676
******************************************************************************************************************************************
This email is from Wing Hang Bank. Its contents are confidential to the intended recipient(s) at the email address(es) to which it has been addressed. It may not be disclosed to or used by anyone other than the addressee(s), nor may it be copied in anyway. If received in error, please contact the sender, then delete it from your system. Although this email and attachments are believed to be free of virus, or any other defect which might affect any computer or IT system into which they are received and opened, it is the responsibility of the recipient to ensure that they are virus free and no responsibility is accepted by Wing Hang Bank for any loss or damage arising in any way from receipt or use thereof. *******************************************************************************************************************************************

mei mei

Alfrescian
Loyal
So far, this is it, still need to make a fake copy of utility/phone bill to send to Che Yee Tung to find out what his con is all about. Any one want to help? Make a fake copy of utility/phone bill with Bill Pentel name and address and we send it to Che Yee Tung and see what his next move is...

Dear Che

I am presently away from my residence and therefore have no mail to send you. Please wait till my return to get the mail to you.

Best regards
Bill