• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

many 'halal hawker center suffering from poor business

god_zeus

Alfrescian
Loyal
I notice many halal stall closed down

so a halal haker center has a few stall open

and very few customers

especially when next door there is a non halal
the business is bustling

no pork= no business

Last edited:

pendragon

use cheap ingredients but sell in high price, so close shop lah.....

and also they don't know how to cook, food served is mostly crappy now, this is a problem for most halal food stalls.

and this is coming from a Muslim man who yearns for this childhood days when the food he taste (even the average ones then) are so much better as compared to the current situation now.

Cerebral

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Not only cheap ingredients but also racist. If not same colour, you will either get a much higher price or lesser quantity. After such experience, will you still eat there?

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not only cheap ingredients but also racist. If not same colour, you will either get a much higher price or lesser quantity. After such experience, will you still eat there?

i agreed with u .... i love halal food but they always charge me higher coz i am not the same race .....

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Malay-Muslim food is pretty much the same: same ingredients, same spices. Boring.

And the lack of pork/lard means they're missing out on all the fun.

god_zeus

Alfrescian
Loyal

no wonder i saw their sign board put S$3 for nasi goreng
but when I pay them S$3, they say S$3.50

I din know I was being over charged due to RACE

but luckily I stopped eating from that stall after that

Last edited:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i agreed with u .... i love halal food but they always charge me higher coz i am not the same race .....

Gotta love the indirect affirmative action at Malay food stalls.

These Malay folks are not very far-sighted, are they? Rip off people once, sooner or later they'll discover your antics and simply stop doing business with you.

Allah also (supposedly) hates dishonest businessmen.

Grago

Alfrescian
Loyal

Yes experience that. Still eat the halal food when I think of having it but at a different place. Never used to be like this, the different treatment, suppose this is what "progress" brings along.....

hairylee

Alfrescian
Loyal

Yes, faced the same problem never step into a halal food court since.
These people colour wise pound foolish.

wikiphile

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
For those of you who are familiar with AMK central, the first all-halal only kopitiam situated opposite the hawker centre (former A&Ws) has closed down and taken over by S-11 now. It was operated by Banquet i think, it started off offering all sorts of hawker food including char kuey tiow and hokkien mee. However the food was so so and expensive. The Malay stalls at the hawker centre are doing roaring business especially the Mee Rebus stall.

johnsgp1

Alfrescian
Loyal
For those of you who are familiar with AMK central, the first all-halal only kopitiam situated opposite the hawker centre (former A&Ws) has closed down and taken over by S-11 now. It was operated by Banquet i think, it started off offering all sorts of hawker food including char kuey tiow and hokkien mee. However the food was so so and expensive. The Malay stalls at the hawker centre are doing roaring business especially the Mee Rebus stall.

food there cant make it, i once order toast bread, and the lady cut a slice of bread into half...serve them right that they close down..

wikiphile

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
food there cant make it, i once order toast bread, and the lady cut a slice of bread into half...serve them right that they close down..

And the fact that most Malay families do not eat out for dinner and only for special days and celebrations contributed to its demise

keling is shit

Alfrescian
Loyal
new nasi pandang stall opened in kopitiam near my place a couple of months ago.

first time i go, 1 meat + 2 others = $3.50 or so.

next time i go, 1 meat + 2 others = $5+. i think ok maybe this time the chicken is quite big piece.

subsequently no matter what dishes i mix and match, i can never get the $3.50 1st time price. :(

Kuailan

Alfrescian
Loyal
The one at Compass point also Halal Food operated by Banquet also closed down.
I believe its own by Chinese bosses and employ Muslim to run the business. That's
how it can be halal. The next one at Vivocity might be going too looking the prices
Banquet charged!!

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The one at Compass point also Halal Food operated by Banquet also closed down.
I believe its own by Chinese bosses and employ Muslim to run the business. That's
how it can be halal. The next one at Vivocity might be going too looking the prices
Banquet charged!!
Banquet tried to sell halal chinese food.......zhi char, fish ball noodles eetc...noboby except for muslims would want to eat these.....hell i wont even go for normal chinese manned stalls if they dun put lard.
Good halal food should be those that do not have pork as ingredients in the first.....like traditional malay food.....anything else is a cop out

salmon

Alfrescian
Loyal
i'll choose nasi padang over halal chinese food any time. i think many halal chinese stalls just don't bother making the effort to get the taste right.