• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

My impression of WP's BE rally today.

Nice-Gook

Alfrescian
Loyal
Was there between 8PM to 9PM...the crowd,Wow !,kept streaming in even while I am leaving.All seems to be in a party mood.Young and old.Mainly Chinese.Very very little Malays with a sprinkling of Indians.There was even this lady ,as if sun bathing in a beach,all spread out with her ipad oblivious to the speeches made.Overall ,a fantastic crowd I must say.

Even the Hougang MRT deployed a couple of officials directing the crowd to the location.The police were a gross disappointment;I counted 8 of them choking up just 1 stairways the led to a blocked entrance.They were neither guiding nor simply doing anything.WP organizers should not pay them.The extra parking wardens are giving wrong directions.

I first heard the Malay WP MP speaking while I entered the field.Yada,yada and yada....like a school boy reading out for his oral exam.At the end of his speech he mentioned the critical part ..that Png is a family man and a good father.Hope everybody got the message.Next came Gerald Giam---and I expected him to flop like he did in the parliament speech.He took my surprise.He was indeed good.Strike a cord with the crowd when he touched on MRT...I would vote him as the best speaker today.

Than Pritam Singh.What a disappointment.Actually I came all the way just to hear Pritam's and Chen Show Mao.Both very disappointing.Guess both were over hyped.Pritam spoke with too many pauses.The crowd did not know whether he is waiting for an applause or finished his speech.Pritam spoke mainly on PAP side of scoundrels.But the moment he touched on Devan Nair as one the them the crowd felt silent-- in disagreement.Only to cheer when he continued with others.

Chen Sho Mao's speech couldn't even move a cat...totally lifeless.Perhaps a scholar and public speaking in not his forte.Anyway,did not wait for Sylvia's and LTK since I know how they spoke.

While leaving did a bit of scouting and went around Hougang Mall,Kang Kar kopitiam,NTUC and etc.The Saturday's crowd was just as much as any other Saturdays.It is an indication that the actual Hougang residents simply went on their usual ways.The huge crowd I reckon must be all over from Singapore.

Over to you folks.

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Next came Gerald Giam---and I expected him to flop like he did in the parliament speech.He took my surprise.He was indeed good.Strike a cord with the crowd when he touched on MRT...I would vote him as the best speaker today.

Gerald Giam is very good when he is prepared. Or should I say, only if he is prepared.

Last edited:

Leepotism

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
pc_600x450.jpg
<cite style="display: block; font-style: normal; font-size: 10px; margin: 4px 0px; ">Hougang by-election not just a local...</cite>

SINGAPORE: The Workers' Party (WP) has said the Hougang by-election is not just a local election.
Many problems faced by Hougang residents are national issues, said the party's Members of Parliament at an election rally on Saturday.
The opposition party is the first to hold a rally for the Hougang by-election.
The speakers included all of the WP MPs and its leaders.
The party's MPs such as Chen Show Mao and Gerald Giam said many problems faced by Hougang residents are national issues.
The issues include the widening income gap, support for young families, job prospects and the rising cost of living.
The speakers urged Hougang residents to vote the party's candidate Png Eng Huat into Parliament so that the presence of the opposition will ensure that the government is responsive to the needs of Singaporeans and that people are at the centre of its policies.
Workers' Party chairman Sylvia Lim also spoke about the significance of the Hougang vote.
Addressing the rally, she said: "We have a team of dedicated professionals with Town Council experience because for the past 20 years, you Hougang voters have supported us. Because of you, Singaporeans can see they now have a choice. They can see that it is not only the PAP that can run Town Councils. So we are grateful to you dear Hougang voters, we know that you have made sacrifices for Singapore because you care so much for our country and your children's future, we have the deepest respect for you and will never take you for granted.
"Mr Low Thia Khiang worked extra hard to make sure your Town Council was managed; he fought for your rights in Parliament as your opposition voice. Png Eng Huat will do the same."

Huat-Ah

Alfrescian
Loyal
+1 Agreed. Gerald Speech was good. CSM speech was careful. Pritam most of his words are attacking PAP Circus ! LOL

LTK was okay. As for the Ah Huat, imho, his speech is good too. The Indian spoke tamil not that fluent and also came with few sorry words ! LOL

As for the Malay guy Faizal his speech was fluent even though i don't understand 100%..LOL

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
The huge crowd I reckon must be all over from Singapore.

Over to you folks.

concur with you that folks came from many parts of Singapore, spoke to a few, some came as far as woodlands. was moving around a fair bit myself, went up to blk 837, think the crowd could compare with that of GE06.

Zatoichi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hougang By-Election 2012: WP Rally, May 19 - Gerald Giam, NCMP
[video=youtube;drHksOTZ3fg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drHksOTZ3fg[/video]

Zatoichi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hougang By-Election 2012: WP Rally, May 19 - Pritam Singh, MP
[video=youtube;DMIGsKwAwWA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMIGsKwAwWA[/video]

Zatoichi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hougang By-Election 2012: WP Rally, May 19 - Chen Show Mao, MP
[video=youtube;5bl7CkBZUgw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bl7CkBZUgw[/video]

Zatoichi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hougang By-Election 2012: WP Rally, May 19 - Sylvia Lim, WP Chairman
[video=youtube;nM0o9qsQFPo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nM0o9qsQFPo[/video]

cunnilaubu

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Honestly, I can't find any problem with both PS' & CSM's speeches while at the rally and had the same conclusion after watching the video.

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal
You mean you didn't see people starting to leave when Png Eng Huat started to speak?

Was there between 8PM to 9PM...the crowd,Wow !,kept streaming in even while I am leaving.All seems to be in a party mood.Young and old.Mainly Chinese.Very very little Malays with a sprinkling of Indians.There was even this lady ,as if sun bathing in a beach,all spread out with her ipad oblivious to the speeches made.Overall ,a fantastic crowd I must say.

Even the Hougang MRT deployed a couple of officials directing the crowd to the location.The police were a gross disappointment;I counted 8 of them choking up just 1 stairways the led to a blocked entrance.They were neither guiding nor simply doing anything.WP organizers should not pay them.The extra parking wardens are giving wrong directions.

I first heard the Malay WP MP speaking while I entered the field.Yada,yada and yada....like a school boy reading out for his oral exam.At the end of his speech he mentioned the critical part ..that Png is a family man and a good father.Hope everybody got the message.Next came Gerald Giam---and I expected him to flop like he did in the parliament speech.He took my surprise.He was indeed good.Strike a cord with the crowd when he touched on MRT...I would vote him as the best speaker today.

Than Pritam Singh.What a disappointment.Actually I came all the way just to hear Pritam's and Chen Show Mao.Both very disappointing.Guess both were over hyped.Pritam spoke with too many pauses.The crowd did not know whether he is waiting for an applause or finished his speech.Pritam spoke mainly on PAP side of scoundrels.But the moment he touched on Devan Nair as one the them the crowd felt silent-- in disagreement.Only to cheer when he continued with others.

Chen Sho Mao's speech couldn't even move a cat...totally lifeless.Perhaps a scholar and public speaking in not his forte.Anyway,did not wait for Sylvia's and LTK since I know how they spoke.

While leaving did a bit of scouting and went around Hougang Mall,Kang Kar kopitiam,NTUC and etc.The Saturday's crowd was just as much as any other Saturdays.It is an indication that the actual Hougang residents simply went on their usual ways.The huge crowd I reckon must be all over from Singapore.

Over to you folks.

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Just reach home.. Crowd was superb.. There was a carnival like atmosphere.. 2 colourful chaps came with their trumpet and drum whipping the crowd to a frenzy with an out of tune blowing of the trumpet.. Good try though by the duo..

Saw a Malay chap who used to be a Sispec trainee together with me years back.. Thought he came there to support the WP, but turned out he was on duty as a plainclothes poodle together with his other fellow officers.. You can identify these chaps easily.. They wore ear pieces, some in bermudas and slippers.. Some even waving the WP mini flags to blend with the rally goers.. 2 WP supporters in front of me, a Malay and an elderly Chinese Uncle were monitored by these poodles without them realising it.. They caught the attention of these poodles because of their loud shouting of the WP chant.. I find the actions of these poodles too over zealous...

A group of WP supporters caught my eye.. 3 Chinese guys, a Malay lady wearing a Pink coloured head scarve and an Afro haired young Indian guy.. Good to see them comin to the rally.. Hopefully more Malays will attend the next WP rally.. I also spotted KJ in the crowd with another guy in yellow polo shirt..

Pritam impressed me with his speech.. He was on fire tonite when he attacked the past PAP Ministers and MPs.. He fired his last bullet especially for Choo Wee Khiang.. Desmond Choo must be feeling abit uncomfortable tonite.. Overall a good rally by the WP..

kazuo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Pritam impressed me with his speech.. He was on fire tonite when he attacked the past PAP Ministers and MPs.. He fired his last bullet especially for Choo Wee Khiang.. Desmond Choo must be feeling abit uncomfortable tonite.. Overall a good rally by the WP..

Oh yeah, especially when this generation of Sinkies is materialistic, unthinking and lazy, disenfranchised from any sense of history.
They need to hear the truth, and history seldom lies

Last edited:

kazuo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Completely disagree with Nice-Gook's appraisal of the WP speeches. I thought Gerald was pedestrian to say the least. He had raised a hot button issue, but the connection with the crowd wasn't there. You want to be a public speaker, learn it from Chen Show Mao. He spoke in English, Taiwanese Mandarin (lovely to hear his poetic cadence and mastery of the language) and Taiwanese accented Hokkien. And did you even hear the loud cheers for him? if that is not public speaking what is?

Last edited:

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Just reach home.. Crowd was superb.. There was a carnival like atmosphere.. 2 colourful chaps came with their trumpet and drum whipping the crowd to a frenzy with an out of tune blowing of the trumpet.. Good try though by the duo..

Saw a Malay chap who used to be a Sispec trainee together with me years back.. Thought he came there to support the WP, but turned out he was on duty as a plainclothes poodle together with his other fellow officers.. You can identify these chaps easily.. They wore ear pieces, some in bermudas and slippers.. Some even waving the WP mini flags to blend with the rally goers.. 2 WP supporters in front of me, a Malay and an elderly Chinese Uncle were monitored by these poodles without them realising it.. They caught the attention of these poodles because of their loud shouting of the WP chant.. I find the actions of these poodles too over zealous...

A group of WP supporters caught my eye.. 3 Chinese guys, a Malay lady wearing a Pink coloured head scarve and an Afro haired young Indian guy.. Good to see them comin to the rally.. Hopefully more Malays will attend the next WP rally.. I also spotted KJ in the crowd with another guy in yellow polo shirt..

Bro Zeddy. Thanks for the FR. A gentle reminder to HG voters and the 60.1% that blood is thicker than water.

display_image.php

pc_600x450.jpg