• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Make your Margin Prediction Here - Hougang By Elections

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
Desmond Choo came out with big gun, Indian DPM. Listen to how Tharman tried to use terms like "local election". He knows they are going to lose big time so he's putting on a brave face. And by crafting the battle as a local election, he is seeking to limit damage in the hope that voters will bank on constituency's issues and not national politics for which the PAP is loathed for, and hope that DC's footwork will turn in a decent unobscene margin.

Last edited:

3_M

Alfrescian
Loyal
Desmond Choo came out with big gun, Indian DPM. Listen to how Tharman tried to use terms like "local election". He knows they are going to lose big time so he's putting on a brave face. And by crafting the battle as a local election, he is seeking to limit damage in the hope that voters will bank on constituency's issues and not national politics for which the PAP is loathed for, and hope that DC's footwork will turn in a decent unobscene margin.

PAP always fought any election like local election be it in GE or BE.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Summary of Margin Prediction thus far:

WP to win. Old Jalan Besar Stadium Ah Huat Betting Rules Apply.
scroobal: 30%
GD: 36%
Zihau: 33.68%
Chuckyworld : 39%
Zeddy: 29%
Rotiprata: 26%
Twitseng:31%
po2wq:32.2%
Yellowsrse: 31%
Rusty: 47%
TFBH: 27%
Cunnilaubu: 33.1%
Myfoot123: 40%
Deepblue0911: 24%
Djent: 17%
NoNewGood: 63%
3M: 20%
Perspective:24%
CakeLEngKia: 22%
Kingrant: 33%
GMS: 20.6%
Zombie 37.6%
Char_Azn: 16%
Sengkang:33%

B

Baluku

2 things will swing the votes.

One eulogy for Yaw departure of WP.

The other is eulogy for LKY

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Summary of Margin Prediction thus far:

WP to win. Old Jalan Besar Stadium Ah Huat Betting Rules Apply.
scroobal: 30%
GD: 36%
Zihau: 33.68%
Chuckyworld : 39%
Zeddy: 29%
Rotiprata: 26%
Twitseng:31%
po2wq:32.2%
Yellowsrse: 31%
Rusty: 47%
TFBH: 27%
Cunnilaubu: 33.1%
Myfoot123: 40%
Deepblue0911: 24%
Djent: 17%
NoNewGood: 63%
3M: 20%
Perspective:24%
CakeLEngKia: 22%
Kingrant: 33%
GMS: 20.6%
Zombie 37.6%
Char_Azn: 16%
Sengkang:33%

Still mine is the closese 40% PAP (optimistic %) and 60% WP

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Still mine is the closese 40% PAP (optimistic %) and 60% WP

I missed my prediction because I predicted 3% spoilt votes. Actually it turned out only 1-plus percent spoilt votes.

My original prediction was 62% WP. Damn, if not for my acting smart (kei kiang!) abt spoilt votes, I would have nailed it! Hahah.....

This was my original prediction :-P

TFBH: WP 62%, Papaya 35%, spoilt 3%

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
bro,
have updated the results on the final list.
you, together with bro Charlie99, Deepblue and JXL, share this glory :smile::smile::smile:

I was simply guessing, and never thought that amongst so many of you, my speculation is one of the closest to the results.

brocoli

Alfrescian
Loyal
heheh... HUAT AH!!! :smile::smile::smile:

I guess between 57% to 62%... so still off by 0.09%

what did Perspective say ? can quote..?

I think huat ah will get around 57% to 62%...

anything above 60%, WP can declare victory
anything below 55%, PAP declare victory

any1 who say WP might lose has lost his marbles, same for those who say Png can outdo Yaw.

its much better than I expected and I think we need to thanks DPM for shooting his mouth off a 2nd time

Last edited:

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
heheh... HUAT AH!!! :smile::smile::smile:

We should thank the residents of Hougang for their courage, patience, tolerance and perserverance all these years.

Wish them continuing good health, prosperity, peace and satisfaction in life.

May God (whoever they believe God to be, if they believe in God) be generous with His Blessings upon them, as well as those who chose not to vote for the Workers' Party this round.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I guess between 57% to 62%... so still off by 0.09%

its much better than I expected and I think we need to thanks DPM for shooting his mouth off a 2nd time

Bro, you gave a range. I gave a number -- 62%. You say who is better. I got my margin wrong only because I thought there would be many spoilt votes..... hehehe

brocoli

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro, you gave a range. I gave a number -- 62%. You say who is better. I got my margin wrong only because I thought there would be many spoilt votes..... hehehe

I mean even with a range, I am still off by 0.09%....

during PE, I thought ah bock will get 25-35 and TT will get around 35 - 40...

obvously i never expect both to get 35 ... i better leave the prediction to GMS