• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The investment thread (Finally)

rotikok

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks... but maybe hope it becomes a big thing in future... 200% gain? :smile:)

Can share which area you bought in? For condo, depend on your buy in price, it will certainly hard to reach your aim. Shop wise highly depend on location, maybe... I think in time to come will be buyer market, probably better to sell it off now and b cash rich, digging for gold later.

supermanz88

Alfrescian
Loyal
Peter lim partnering with Man utd stars to build mixed used development is Manchester

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/business/peter-lim-linked-firm-in/2080520.html

After the meeting last month between PM Lee and PM David Cameron. Looks like Manchester is worth to look out. anyone know how much is the pricing?

Manchester 1 bedroom city centre is about GBP 1xxK only. 20 - 30% of the Singapore city centre property price. you can consider this condo oxygen tower, my friend just bought one, they have one stop service for your rental/resale as well.

lynton

Alfrescian
Loyal
Foreigners guide in buying Singapore property

Singapore has built its reputation as international destination for property investment. Especially for South East Asia and other Asian countries, Singapore property is their most favorite investment asset class.
Its stable economy, politic, currency and continuing development are some of the reasons why invest in Singapore.
If you are a foreigner and interested to invest in Singapore property, you can read the guide in Can foreigners buy property in Singapore

firefly

Alfrescian
Loyal
Look no further than Vista Verde - A New Launch by CapitaLand in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.

Very First Mover Advantage where Foreign Investors are Eligible to Invest with the New Housing Laws in effect from 1st July 2015.
Golden Opportunity for Capital Appreciation.

Manhattan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Look no further than Vista Verde - A New Launch by CapitaLand in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.

Very First Mover Advantage where Foreign Investors are Eligible to Invest with the New Housing Laws in effect from 1st July 2015.
Golden Opportunity for Capital Appreciation.

Only 50 years leasehold? Foreigner needs to hold a visa to be able to buy?

firefly

Alfrescian
Loyal
Only 50 years leasehold? Foreigner needs to hold a visa to be able to buy?

50 years leasehold extendable for another 50 years (subjected to applicable laws and paying a very nominal fee- administrative charges for the pink book).
Foreigners who are permitted to enter Vietnam legally are allowed to own Vietnam Property.

New Vietnam Housing Law after 1st July 2015.

Change
1.Foreigners who are permitted to enter Vietnam legally are allowed to own Vietnam Property
2.Not more than 30% of total units in one apartment building
3.50+ years lease (extendable subject to applicable laws)
4.Foreigners are allowed to lease, mortgage, contribute as capital, gift, bequest, exchange etc subject to certain limitations
5.No Capital Gain Tax -only Flat Rate of 2% on selling price for Resale / Subsale

darkdevil

Alfrescian
Loyal
Another Hot Investment - Grade A commercial Offices for Sale in Cambodia.

The Gateway Cambodia by Tiong Aik, the newest mixed development will consist of retail, residences and commercial offices (Grade A) at Downtown Phnom Penh, Cambodia.

shawnabc77

Alfrescian
Loyal
The gateway @ cambodia i feel will be a good buy. For the residential, there's a shortage of supply with teh influx of foreigners and also company. For offices, the current Grade A offices are only for rent and not for sale. thus there's no competition as well. It therefore provides incoming MNCs a change to own a freehold office for their own use and an address at russian boulevard

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
The whole building can be looted.

I recall that a few years back, a 4 storey stack (ground floor as shop and 3 floors above as office or residence) can be purchased at about US $100k+ only in Phnom Penh. A 1-bedder now above this price does not make sense for investment.

supermanz88

Alfrescian
Loyal
I recall that a few years back, a 4 storey stack (ground floor as shop and 3 floors above as office or residence) can be purchased at about US $100k+ only in Phnom Penh. A 1-bedder now above this price does not make sense for investment.

REally? Did you buy back then? If yes, You have made a lot.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
No, I didn't. Foreigners buying Cambodia properties were a lot more difficult then.

It could be safer to buy these much more affordable 4-storey properties rather than swanky residential towers targeted at overseas investors.

Back then (5 years ago) many main roads in Phnom Penh were still dirt tracks and the general population was struggling with high cost of living.

Things could have changed but I think Cambodia has a lot to catch up to justify the US $100k+ price of 1 bedder.

It is 1/3 the price in Singapore yet it's GDP per capita is not even 1/3 of Singapore's i.e. US $83k versus $3k.

supermanz88

Alfrescian
Loyal
No, I didn't. Foreigners buying Cambodia properties were a lot more difficult then.

It could be safer to buy these much more affordable 4-storey properties rather than swanky residential towers targeted at overseas investors.

Back then (5 years ago) many main roads in Phnom Penh were still dirt tracks and the general population was struggling with high cost of living.

Things could have changed but I think Cambodia has a lot to catch up to justify the US $100k+ price of 1 bedder.

It is 1/3 the price in Singapore yet it's GDP per capita is not even 1/3 of Singapore's i.e. US $83k versus $3k.

Thanks for the input. So how much the 4-storey properties worth now? if there is a large price gap, will you invest now?

Third world country GDP per capita is always very low but a lot of riches from third world countries are buying Singapore property in d9,10,11 sentosa and marina bay leh...

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks for the input. So how much the 4-storey properties worth now? if there is a large price gap, will you invest now?

Third world country GDP per capita is always very low but a lot of riches from third world countries are buying Singapore property in d9,10,11 sentosa and marina bay leh...

No. Cambodia is too far from Singapore and it does not feel good to be enjoying yourself while there is general poverty around you. Even in pure investment sense without landing your feet in Cambodia, property capital gain is usually based on robbing the wealth of their future generation.