• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Puteri Harbour Community

freekazoid

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you decided not to come, you would find a million excuse why it is not good from lack of schoolbus to robbers with parang lurking around. But if you decided to come over, you also have many justifications why you made the right choice.
No right or wrong, it is a matter of choice what you want in life, sometimes it is no choice. :smile:

That's about summed it up. Thanks Tekkun! The argument is going no way...Iskandar is blessed and cursed being the next to SG. If one reference it to Malaysia, Iskandar is progressing so fast...second to none. If one reference to SG, Iskandar is far behind...certain area will catch up i.e. living, certain area will never be i.e. politic

Take a side or dont take a side....doesn't matter...who cares right.

Finally, after years of rumor...Ikea officially took side...acknowledging this is the next growth in the country. It's a tremendous news to Iskandar....I'm sure it was for SG when ikea first open many years back.
http://www.theedgeproperty.com.my/c...nd-fourth-stores-johor-and-penang-three-years

ECboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you decided not to come, you would find a million excuse why it is not good from lack of schoolbus to robbers with parang lurking around. But if you decided to come over, you also have many justifications why you made the right choice.
No right or wrong, it is a matter of choice what you want in life, sometimes it is no choice. :smile:

Agree!

JB not for everyone, but for me, its best i can do for now.

Was looking at cars recently, a Harrier 2.0 in JB is about RM200+K new/unreg model, same as a 6yr old VW Polo 1.4 in SG. Just wow!

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agree!

JB not for everyone, but for me, its best i can do for now.

Was looking at cars recently, a Harrier 2.0 in JB is about RM200+K new/unreg model, same as a 6yr old VW Polo 1.4 in SG. Just wow!

Go for the brand new Lexus RX200t. It cost RM388k (S$120k).
That's the real wow.

btravelling

Alfrescian
Loyal
Have any of you guys received email or letter stating the Teega 2% rebate cheque is ready for collection?
Is this VVIP discount or just early purchase? I have not received anything but I also thought all discounts were simply removed from a scheduled payment?

Dfiris

Alfrescian
Loyal
At the Monetary Policy Committee (MPC) meeting today, Bank Negara Malaysia decided to maintain the Overnight Policy Rate (OPR) at 3.25 percent.

While the global economy continues to expand, the recovery in the advanced economies has not been as strong as earlier expected and the growth in the emerging economies has slowed. The current heightened financial market volatility and uncertainties also pose additional downside risks to global growth.

For Malaysia, growth remains driven by domestic demand. While private consumption has moderated as households adjust to the higher cost of living, household spending is being supported by continued growth in income and employment. Overall investment has benefited from the implementation of infrastructure development projects and capital spending in the manufacturing and services sectors despite the lower investment in the oil and gas sector.

Going forward, while recent trends suggest a turnaround in exports, the contribution of the external sector to overall growth is expected to be modest. In this challenging environment, the economy is expected to experience more moderate growth in 2016, after expanding by about 5 percent in 2015. Downside risks to growth have increased following greater uncertainty on both the global and domestic fronts. In confronting this more difficult environment, the Malaysian economy will benefit from having diversified sources of growth, economic flexibility, low unemployment, manageable level of external debt, and a well-capitalised banking system and developed capital markets that provide continued access to financing.

Headline inflation averaged 2.1% in 2015 and is expected to be higher in 2016, given recent adjustments in administrative prices and the weaker ringgit exchange rate. The impact of these domestic cost factors on overall inflation is, however, expected to be mitigated by the continued low energy and commodity prices and the generally subdued global inflation. In terms of trajectory, headline inflation is anticipated to peak in the first quarter of 2016 and to moderate thereafter.

Recent external and domestic developments have continued to affect the ringgit exchange rate and domestic financial markets. The net external outflows have also led to a moderation in domestic liquidity. Bank Negara Malaysia’s monetary operations have ensured that there is sufficient liquidity to support the orderly functioning of the money and foreign exchange markets. The financial system remains sound with financial institutions operating with ample liquidity buffers. Consequently, the growth of financing to the private sector continues to be healthy.

At the current level of the OPR, the stance of monetary policy remains accommodative and supportive of economic activity. The MPC recognises that there are heightened risks in the global economic and financial environment. These risks are being closely monitored to assess their implications on macroeconomic stability and the prospects of the Malaysian economy. This is to ensure that the monetary policy stance is consistent with the sustainability of the overall growth prospects.

Bank Negara Malaysia
21 January 2016

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal

I have given up explaining to nay sayers about my wonderful life in JB. When JB is cheap people say its ulu and dangerous. When it become expensive next time I am sure these chaps will complain its too expensive. So they will never come.

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have given up explaining to nay sayers about my wonderful life in JB. When JB is cheap people say its ulu and dangerous. When it become expensive next time I am sure these chaps will complain its too expensive. So they will never come.

Yah I am sure, anyone can enjoy the wonderful life by just checking in to a nice hotel on weekends and renting, your point being?

Dfiris

Alfrescian
Loyal
Good Point

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal

It is ok if they don't come. We do not miss them.
Procastination after procastination with excuses after excuses. No need to explain and no need to complain.

AHGS14

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is ok if they don't come. We do not miss them.
Procastination after procastination with excuses after excuses. No need to explain and no need to complain.

Don't think this arguement will ever be settled; 一类米养百类人, and to each, his/her own. Utopia has yet to be found.

mpan12

Alfrescian
Loyal
depends on which is yr base currency

For a long time, RM has generally been weak against most currencies. Many here are Singaporeans or live in Singapore and earn SGD. So I suppose the loss through currency depreciation is not too hard to imagine.

mpan12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Buy Malaysia property with money you can afford to lose and more likely you will lose through negative currency translation.

Good advice. Short and to the point.

Be prepared to also lose from oversupply and difficulty to sell your unit to the next buyer.

Quite appalling also to read some buy Iskandar properties because they are cheap or there's no money down. They are tempted by the carrot the developers dangle in front of them. Nothing is free in this world. IMHO, it's plain laziness and stupidity to buy something (properties or other things) simply because it's cheap. (Sorry for the strong words used but strictly my personal view. No offence.) That's asking for trouble. "Cheap" is relative. What is more important is the VALUE that something has.

Future tenants will thank many buyers for providing them places to stay cheap. It's a giant tenants' market for many years to come.

If you like a place, there's always the possibility to rent at different homes or stay in good hotels. It's so cheap in JB to rent. There's variety. You get different mood and feel. You're not stuck to one place. I love certain places when I travel overseas. That does not mean I have to buy all the properties of the beautiful places I've visited.

Just curious... what are you going to do every day? Can't possibly be constantly staring out of the window looking at still water or the trees? Or maybe you're a retiree. Well, that could make sense. Wind down from busy Singapore, take it easy doing things slowly. Not everybody can do that though.

The bottom line is, the money is yours and no one can tell you what to do with it. Agree that there are naysayers and those who don't see much prospect even in the next decade or two to invest in Iskandar (I'm one of them). But buyers should not be affected by them.

It's easy to infer some here are already multi-millionaires. So if they don't expect to get any returns from the RM1 million condo they've bought in Iskandar, it's nothing to them. That amount is only a small portion of their total wealth.

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal

Be prepared to also lose from oversupply and difficulty to sell your unit to the next buyer.

Quite appalling also to read some buy Iskandar properties because they are cheap or there's no money down. They are tempted by the carrot the developers dangle in front of them. Nothing is free in this world. IMHO, it's plain laziness and stupidity to buy something (properties or other things) simply because it's cheap. (Sorry for the strong words used but strictly my personal view. No offence.) That's asking for trouble. "Cheap" is relative. What is more important is the VALUE that something has.

Future tenants will thank many buyers for providing them places to stay cheap. It's a giant tenants' market for many years to come.

If you like a place, there's always the possibility to rent at different homes or stay in good hotels. It's so cheap in JB to rent. There's variety. You get different mood and feel. You're not stuck to one place. I love certain places when I travel overseas. That does not mean I have to buy all the properties of the beautiful places I've visited.

Just curious... what are you going to do every day? Can't possibly be constantly staring out of the window looking at still water or the trees? Or maybe you're a retiree. Well, that could make sense. Wind down from busy Singapore, take it easy doing things slowly. Not everybody can do that though.

The bottom line is, the money is yours and no one can tell you what to do with it. Agree that there are naysayers and those who don't see much prospect even in the next decade or two to invest in Iskandar (I'm one of them). But buyers should not be affected by them.

It's easy to infer some here are already multi-millionaires. So if they don't expect to get any returns from the RM1 million condo they've bought in Iskandar, it's nothing to them. That amount is only a small portion of their total wealth.

The reason why this forum is so positively skewed is because the people here are all multi-millionaires and have no qualms about losing their investments, so let's not address these bubble of HNWI.

Strange thing is every time I queue at the ATMs and see the uncollected withdrawal slips, the average bank balance of Sinkies is $800 or less, this is the world where even buying a new car is considered a luxury only for the rich (???) but the people are buying Lexus and saying cheap, cheap even at S$120K, geez if Singaporeans really so rich, we would not see Honda Vezel as best seller, a real B&B car for the average Sinkie.

It is these categories of Sinkies who have to be careful, even if they have $200 to $300k to throw and if the do, it is probably their life savings.

I wholly agree with you not to judge property purchase purely on cheap but as value, and that is where Johor and Puteri Harbor has yet to show any. Yes, the crowd here seems to clutch on straws, every little event announced and they start congratulating themselves, but even in Singapore, such announcements hardly make a blip in the property sector.

And another strange thing, the insignificant crowd here always think that living and enjoying the best of Johor and Puteri Harbour has to offer is only exclusive to them, as buyers and them only, like some exclusive club.....really faints.

In reality, geographically by distance, Singapore is actually closer to many popular areas in Johor then some parts of Johor itself. So if one is retired, on any day good day when traffic is less one can go on a day trip to enjoy the best Johor has to offer and no need to bother with the worst. If they like, they can rent, like my relatives, only pay RM1,800pm for a decent condo with reasonable distance to Holiday Plaza and another family I know pay RM2,500pm living in a condo with concierge service, yes you are right, in time to come the owners here will be subisidising tenant's good life in Johor, even if they are left with a property, by the time they are ready to occupy it, the exterior would be so worn and interior probably trashed and the tenant moved on to the next hot location. Is that called an asset?

Last edited:

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal

I suppose you would be appalled to learn that I am one of those (plain lazy and stupid folks) who bought into Iskandar because they were "cheap" and for the condo because it was almost "no money down". :biggrin: Cheap is relative. But so is value. The value that one person place on an object would differ from another. To a rich man there is no value in condos..but to a peasant like me even KSL condo got value to me. But then again I am not an investor, thus not the category of people you are speaking to...I hope.:p

Whether to buy or rent would be a matter of preference, perhaps similar to why people in SG still buy cars and not rent considered it is always a loss asset. The obnoxiously rich people can afford to buy properties in places where they like or find beautiful, but since many of us are not in that category there is no need to respond to the "does it mean I have to all the properties of the beautiful places I've visited" rhetorical question. Since renting is almost always cheaper, the "buy vs rent" decision would for many people boils down to other factors besides just the dollars and sense of either choice.

Actually there are a lot of things to do everyday, whether living in JB or in Singapore, whether young or old or retired. No one can tell you what to do with your time and money. You have to find things to do. Even in Singapore there are retired people who just sit in front of the TV all day long...not much of a life either...staring out of window or staring into TV screen. Even young people are always playing candy crush or on social media...can also be considered as misuse of precious time. If one comes to the stage where he says "there is nothing to do" then he has deeper problems than just having too much time on his hands. At the end of the day each person have to constantly evaluate what he does with his time and money to see if they are adding value and significance to his life.

Cheers!:smile:

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
The reason why this forum is so positively skewed is because the people here are all multi-millionaires and have no qualms about losing their investments, so let's not address these bubble of HNWI.

Strange thing is every time I queue at the ATMs and see the uncollected withdrawal slips, the average bank balance of Sinkies is $800 or less, this is the world where even buying a new car is considered a luxury only for the rich (???) but the people are buying Lexus and saying cheap, cheap even at S$120K, geez if Singaporeans really so rich, we would not see Honda Vezel as best seller, a real B&B car for the average Sinkie.

It is these categories of Sinkies who have to be careful, even if they have $200 to $300k to throw and if the do, it is probably their life savings.

I wholly agree with you not to judge property purchase purely on cheap but as value, and that is where Johor and Puteri Harbor has yet to show any. Yes, the crowd here seems to clutch on straws, every little event announced and they start congratulating themselves, but even in Singapore, such announcements hardly make a blip in the property sector.

And another strange thing, the insignificant crowd here always think that living and enjoying the best of Johor and Puteri Harbour has to offer is only exclusive to them, as buyers and them only, like some exclusive club.....really faints.

In reality, geographically by distance, Singapore is actually closer to many popular areas in Johor then some parts of Johor itself. So if one is retired, on any day good day when traffic is less one can go on a day trip to enjoy the best Johor has to offer and no need to bother with the worst. If they like, they can rent, like my relatives, only pay RM1,800pm for a decent condo with reasonable distance to Holiday Plaza and another family I know pay RM2,500pm living in a condo with concierge service, yes you are right, in time to come the owners here will be subisidising tenant's good life in Johor, even if they are left with a property, by the time they are ready to occupy it, the exterior would be so worn and interior probably trashed and the tenant moved on to the next hot location. Is that called an asset?

I am certainly no multi-millionaire with money in the bank to throw.:o I also agree with you fully that one does not have to be a property owner in JB to enjoy the cheap and good things in JB. If you like can also come in and out everyday (make sure have MACS lah!) and just go back Singapore to sleep. LOL!

When it comes to rental, one just have to be prepared that what you handed over at beginning of tenancy would often not look the same at the end of the tenancy. My Singapore HDB was like that. If you are lucky you get your house back in almost similar condition, if not just have to suck it up, claw back some security deposit and move on to next tenant. Is my HDB still an asset? Of course. For something to be an asset it does not have to always be increasing in value. A car is also an asset, but depreciating asset lor. Properties should be appreciating assets...and I believe the general trend of properties is that they appreciate over time. Maybe the time horizon differs, but over time it usually appreciates. For cash rich people they can always jump into bullish markets, be it Singapore or Australia or London, but for peasants like me, options are really limited. But it's either buy nothing in Singapore at all, or buy something in JB that can see and touch, and perhaps even use. And one that has your name on it as well. It's just that indescribable feeling of owning something, which is why some people prefer not to be on rental mode.

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
There are so many options in retirement.

Some prefer to have a sweet young thing beside them every night while others like to have life long partners holding hands with them. Some like to while away at natural rubber plantations yet some like the shopping complexes with huge crowds in it. Personally I am the type who prefer to cook in my own house once a while and as far as I could, I prefer a serviced apartment or a home stay in my vacations. Appreciation of mother nature and giving back to society is my way of retirement, ie when I retire one day.

I try to avoid those hotel rooms no matter how long I stay in. It is still not my home. It is not money or plain economics but it is something in life that I prefer. Money is not absolute. Again everyone has their own set of priorities in life. Mine is just different and it doesn’t mean I am wrong or you are right.