• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Puteri Harbour Community

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
Moving between the 2 countries will be a challenge especially with the love hate relationship between the 2 govt..
If there is no visibility then unlikely to see prices booming much in Johor since most of the support is coming from Singapore.
No matter how much Singaporeans love Iskandar, still can't really uproot fully from home base.

menghuii

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yah. Motorcycle & buses bo jam.

:o

quite recently, while waiting for my coe, i travelled to jb central by bus (ac7) from yishun. It cost us two sgd each to get across and 2rm to get back. you are right there is no jam for buses (i mean i wont consider a 15mins wait as jam). you get out at spore custom, stamped, then get up the same ac7 if your clearance is fast (with auto exit for sporean) its pretty fast. even if you miss the ac7 which you were on, you can always get up in another one, thats when you have to be patient, it may take quite a while. but i heard if you take transit link buses you can hop on any of its buses to get to jb central. once you reach jb, you stamp out and thats it you are near citysquare and the new komtar which being new is nice and its all link to each other, rain also no problem. plenty to eat or just watch your kids or wifey shop. u should try the durian wrap at citysquare teh garden (roof top) with kopi, its sedap! i also found out that if you buy a mac pass 30rm you can exit and enter jb custom easily. i had wanted to, but my car just arrived but i think occassionally i will still go to jb via the bus way to avoid tolls and jams. at my last bus trip 2 mths ago i managed to find out there are buses that go direct to puteri harbour from jb central. so even if no ferry or rail links yet, when my ph house is ready i might just take the bus to and fro. its another option and not a bad one too and i have even thought of getting a msian reg car just to move around in msia. not a bad idea eh?

DCputeri

Alfrescian
Loyal
Went to jb via bus fm central of spore. Took just an hr fm hm by bus to toa payoh mrt stn and stop at woodland bus interchange to take bus 950. Total cost less than $8.
quite recently, while waiting for my coe, i travelled to jb central by bus (ac7) from yishun. It cost us two sgd each to get across and 2rm to get back. you are right there is no jam for buses (i mean i wont consider a 15mins wait as jam). you get out at spore custom, stamped, then get up the same ac7 if your clearance is fast (with auto exit for sporean) its pretty fast. even if you miss the ac7 which you were on, you can always get up in another one, thats when you have to be patient, it may take quite a while. but i heard if you take transit link buses you can hop on any of its buses to get to jb central. once you reach jb, you stamp out and thats it you are near citysquare and the new komtar which being new is nice and its all link to each other, rain also no problem. plenty to eat or just watch your kids or wifey shop. u should try the durian wrap at citysquare teh garden (roof top) with kopi, its sedap! i also found out that if you buy a mac pass 30rm you can exit and enter jb custom easily. i had wanted to, but my car just arrived but i think occassionally i will still go to jb via the bus way to avoid tolls and jams. at my last bus trip 2 mths ago i managed to find out there are buses that go direct to puteri harbour from jb central. so even if no ferry or rail links yet, when my ph house is ready i might just take the bus to and fro. its another option and not a bad one too and i have even thought of getting a msian reg car just to move around in msia. not a bad idea eh?

menghuii

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think imperia and somerset owners will be the first to get to watch some of these zumba zumba girls dancing at the Little Red Cube fountain and walk back home. I am beginning to imagine things already.

[video=youtube;mbf_hdZOp8I]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbf_hdZOp8I[/video]

https://www.youtube.com/embed/2b8vKTr23ZI

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
One can drop by Sky Bar or Magnum to relax and chill on Fridays or Saturday nights. Should have happening nights. But if you drink, don't drive.. Better book a hotel in Traders.

I think imperia and somerset owners will be the first to get to watch some of these zumba zumba girls dancing at the Little Red Cube fountain and walk back home. I am beginning to imagine things already.

[video=youtube;mbf_hdZOp8I]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbf_hdZOp8I[/video]

https://www.youtube.com/embed/2b8vKTr23ZI

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
I heard Skybar used to have live band but not too sure if it was discontinued. Saturday nights after 11pm would be quite a good place with reasonable crowd to chill out. Serene and tranquil.

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
Drove into PH via 2nd link @ 2am in the morning. Being a weekday, the place was dark and the only signs of humans are those in the lobby of Traders Hotel and newly opened Somerset. I walked to the marina and realize "The Waves" should be launched but never hear much of it.

After loitering for 5 whole minutes around Southern Marina and PCR, the police patrol came by and seemed to shocked to see a lone figure in the dark by the marina. Out came 4 young Malay policemen. Again, if its in the past, I will have RM50 on standby by default.

But these past 2-3 years the Malaysian police, esp those attached to Nusaajaya are getting more and more "on" and efficient, much more hardworking and efficient than the SPH whose main job is to advise all parties to lodge complaints at the Magistrates Chambers.

They spoke in halting English in a friendly tone which I am quite unused to. Then they asked to see my passport. I brought them to my car and they dint bother to see my passport. Maybe they were assured that its an S-plated. One even asked what brand it was.

I asked if there are any criminal elements or activities going on in PH. They replied that other than a few break-ins in the towns nearby, there has been absolutely zero crimes in the area for the past 1-2 years since they were posted there. Zero Snatch theft, no robbery. No car-jacking. Nothing. Its like in heaven.

I then told them that I have been roaming around Nusajaya and observing the crimes in this area and my home country, which has been infested with crimes and rotten rodents and told them that I appreciate their effort in making Nusajaya an ideal place to stay in.

Seriously, I cant wait to move into a safe PH. Been planning to rent out to expats but I feel unjust renting it out to them while I stay in a rodent-infested and Criminal hub of Singapore. Its either husband murder wife or wife abuse maids or robbers robbing old people or pple hanging themselves or jumping down from some buildings over stress. Its a sad hub, really.

Market

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's only logical that a place that is currently empty of residents will have no or low crime as compared to a city with 5 million population.

If you were truly so disappointed with the state of affairs where you are, why don't you move permanently over?

Drove into PH via 2nd link @ 2am in the morning. Being a weekday, the place was dark and the only signs of humans are those in the lobby of Traders Hotel and newly opened Somerset. I walked to the marina and realize "The Waves" should be launched but never hear much of it.

After loitering for 5 whole minutes around Southern Marina and PCR, the police patrol came by and seemed to shocked to see a lone figure in the dark by the marina. Out came 4 young Malay policemen. Again, if its in the past, I will have RM50 on standby by default.

But these past 2-3 years the Malaysian police, esp those attached to Nusaajaya are getting more and more "on" and efficient, much more hardworking and efficient than the SPH whose main job is to advise all parties to lodge complaints at the Magistrates Chambers.

They spoke in halting English in a friendly tone which I am quite unused to. Then they asked to see my passport. I brought them to my car and they dint bother to see my passport. Maybe they were assured that its an S-plated. One even asked what brand it was.

I asked if there are any criminal elements or activities going on in PH. They replied that other than a few break-ins in the towns nearby, there has been absolutely zero crimes in the area for the past 1-2 years since they were posted there. Zero Snatch theft, no robbery. No car-jacking. Nothing. Its like in heaven.

I then told them that I have been roaming around Nusajaya and observing the crimes in this area and my home country, which has been infested with crimes and rotten rodents and told them that I appreciate their effort in making Nusajaya an ideal place to stay in.

Seriously, I cant wait to move into a safe PH. Been planning to rent out to expats but I feel unjust renting it out to them while I stay in a rodent-infested and Criminal hub of Singapore. Its either husband murder wife or wife abuse maids or robbers robbing old people or pple hanging themselves or jumping down from some buildings over stress. Its a sad hub, really.

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am moving over once my condo is up and running. I am not praising PH for its zero crime. I am praising Nusajaya in general for their low crimes because the Singapore media always had field days flooding the crimes of JB into the local media citing how dangerous Johor Bahru is. But I walk around at 2am and was back in 1 piece.

If you think JB is dangerous, why are you even in a "stay in JB forum?" No offense but I am quite curious. I grew up and serve NS and do you think I have every right to stay in Singapore more than in JB?

It's only logical that a place that is currently empty of residents will have no or low crime as compared to a city with 5 million population.

If you were truly so disappointed with the state of affairs where you are, why don't you move permanently over?

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Some reasons why certain areas crime rate is lower.
1. Population density. Who would come to look to rob people when the place is not busy?
2. Accessibility. Lack of convenient transport. The more problematic the transport is, the lesser bad hats loitering around.
3. Lack of hang out places. Even if you are a opportunist, you need a place to while your time away while looking for opportunity. No cyber cafes, no shopping complexes, etc. You couldn't be sitting at the marina whole day.
4. Puteri Harbour is miles away from anywhere and unless you try to escape by foot into the jungle, if there is any you be caught along the highways.
5. PH is essentially a safe area, given it is right behind Kota Iskandar. I have seen video cameras monitoring along the marinas, whether it work or not, it is a deterrent already.
6. The place is a lifestyle area. Meaning the people over there is middle to upper class. The pricier the place, the higher quality you get.

Market

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thank you Funniman,

thank you for your concise explanation.

PW, that's where I was coming from. Comparing a densely populated mature city with a lowly populated start up area. Just not right.

I do not think one place is better than the other. Each has its own merits and faults.

I fail to understand why you would condemn your own country as crime and rodent infested and picking every small nitty gritty fault with the place that you served your NS in.

As for me, I appreciate both locations for their own qualities and opportunities presented. Neither is perfect.

SG is home for me, Nusajaya is a place of investment and nice alternative accomodation location. Perhaps future retirement option as well.

I fully appreciate the effort that the Malaysian/Johor govt had put into address the crime situation as well as the infrastructural planning partnership with the private property developers. So rightly acknowledged on the improvement to the security piece here.

I would not be interested in Iskandar or this link if I thought otherwise.

I just don't see the need to condemn one just to praise the other.

Some reasons why certain areas crime rate is lower.
1. Population density. Who would come to look to rob people when the place is not busy?
2. Accessibility. Lack of convenient transport. The more problematic the transport is, the lesser bad hats loitering around.
3. Lack of hang out places. Even if you are a opportunist, you need a place to while your time away while looking for opportunity. No cyber cafes, no shopping complexes, etc. You couldn't be sitting at the marina whole day.
4. Puteri Harbour is miles away from anywhere and unless you try to escape by foot into the jungle, if there is any you be caught along the highways.
5. PH is essentially a safe area, given it is right behind Kota Iskandar. I have seen video cameras monitoring along the marinas, whether it work or not, it is a deterrent already.
6. The place is a lifestyle area. Meaning the people over there is middle to upper class. The pricier the place, the higher quality you get.

Market

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why don't you try walking around at 2am in the old part of JB city or Danga Bay?

That might be an interesting test to try out for yourself if you want to.

I am moving over once my condo is up and running. I am not praising PH for its zero crime. I am praising Nusajaya in general for their low crimes because the Singapore media always had field days flooding the crimes of JB into the local media citing how dangerous Johor Bahru is. But I walk around at 2am and was back in 1 piece.

If you think JB is dangerous, why are you even in a "stay in JB forum?" No offense but I am quite curious. I grew up and serve NS and do you think I have every right to stay in Singapore more than in JB?

kaliumchloride

Alfrescian
Loyal
Good to know the police is so on in PH. I actually noticed once while having dinner in the Thai restaurant, one guy leaned over on the marina kerbs and right away a security guard came and cautioned that guy to stop doing that. The security guy seem fierce and will not be afraid to confront that guy; so I think in terms of security governance, it is quite top notch in PH possibly they learned image and reputation is very important.

kopikong99

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you think JB is dangerous, why are you even in a "stay in JB forum?" No offense but I am quite curious. I grew up and serve NS and do you think I have every right to stay in Singapore more than in JB?[/QUOTE]
Anybody, too, would be curious on why ppl telling us true blue Singapore an who served 2-1/2 years of national service to move out from Singapore just because we gripes about all the bad policies affecting Singaporeans.
It is like someone owned this place and can give commanding orders.