• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Puteri Harbour Community

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't agree with these.

Orchard road apartments are mostly tenanted out to expat. Did they become dilapidated?

Typical Sinkie thinking, always try to draw parallels with Singapore, Iskandar is very very different, and Johor has enough land for a 1,000 Orchard Roads, so with the tenants spread so thin, how can your example ever be credible?

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, demand and critical mass are very important. It's hard for many to understand this. Even the Iskandar authorities got this wrong, and allowed greed to overrule their decision-making. If you look at flagship B of Iskandar, many plans were made on paper, but they have been delayed for years, cancelled or abandoned by developers. That's because there is a lack of demand!

You want to build all those industrial parks, offices, and lots and lots of condos, you have to first be sure you have the demand and people coming in. If you build the buildings first but there is no demand, you're going to get a ghost town, which is already happening at Medini side. Too few also cannot, too crowded then prices may become unaffordable and less attractive to those who wish to retire there. It takes good urban planning skills to get the formula right. So far, that has not happened.

I think the authorities need to spend more effort sprucing up Flagship A of Iskandar. A few years ago, I remember seeing some attractive slide presentation which showed Jalan Wong Ah Fook being converted into some nice waterway with new buildings and all that. Till today, I haven't seen any work done. Typical of Johor? Just talk only.

On the other hand, I see so much progress coming up in Singapore. I'm not pro-government or love the country 100%. But I'm amazed at the vision of the urban planners. Just when you thought Singapore is small and done, we can't expand any more, news appears that new MRT stations will be built, 2nd CBD will be coming up, north-south highway will be constructed, etc. And when the SG government you can bet your last dollar it will be done usually within the stipulated time. Just last night, there is news to develop Mandai zoo to combine with Jurong Bird Park and make it into an attractive nature-loving place. Fantastic!

News that VEP to Malaysia is go!!!! It's gonna be very expensive for day trips now.......Hudud Laws also looming.....what a place!! Malaysia Boleh!!

mpan12

Alfrescian
Loyal
News that VEP to Malaysia is go!!!! It's gonna be very expensive for day trips now.......Hudud Laws also looming.....what a place!! Malaysia Boleh!!

How like dat.... Constant traffic jams, day trips more expensive....

Johor Sultan said recently "Singaporeans will live in Johor and work in SG" but now this VEP thingy. They want to attract Singaporeans to move over but yet create all these obstacles.

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
How like dat.... Constant traffic jams, day trips more expensive....

Johor Sultan said recently "Singaporeans will live in Johor and work in SG" but now this VEP thingy. They want to attract Singaporeans to move over but yet create all these obstacles.

Malaysia is NEVER for Singaporeans....so don't dream.

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
And what is the size of the expats in Johor vs number of units for rent?

Cannot quantify. Personal observation.
PH refer only to Zone B. Cannot apply to whole of JB.
I have been to PH many times for dinner and seen many ang mohs dining there.
It is also the only place where lifestyle pubs are allowed publicly. You can't find it in Medini.
Possibly, Medini also will also get liquor licence too.

True or not true doesn't really matter. Those who believe had already invested, those who don't will not do so.
Just my personal opinion.

mpan12

Alfrescian
Loyal

haha... They probably just want Singaporeans' money. If they are serious enough, they will make it more attractive for Singaporeans to move over.

They say one thing but do another.

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal

Singapore is the creme de la creme. The best of the very best country in Asia if not the world.
Johore is the backyard of Malaysia. It is not even anywhere near Singapore.
There's nothing to compare. It is already established fact.

Comparing Singapore to JB is an insult to Singapore. It is like coconut water to French wine.

So those who love wine, don't even try to drink coconut water. Continue to drink what you want.
Leave those backyard coconut water to kampong people.

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore is the creme de la creme. The best of the very best country in Asia if not the world.
Johore is the backyard of Malaysia. It is not even anywhere near Singapore.
There's nothing to compare. It is already established fact.

Comparing Singapore to JB is an insult to Singapore. It is like coconut water to French wine.

So those who love wine, don't even try to drink coconut water. Continue to drink what you want.
Leave those backyard coconut water to kampong people.

Can this message not sink into the gong Sinkies?

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
I keep seeing you mention "Hudud Laws"... means what ah?

Basically means no laws for non-Muslims......any serious crime must have 4 Muslim witnesses, if 4 Muslim witnesses do not show up.....good bye to the victim...in the case of rape, even DNA evidence is null, when there are no 4 Muslim witnesses. So what do you think?

mpan12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Basically means no laws for non-Muslims......any serious crime must have 4 Muslim witnesses, if 4 Muslim witnesses do not show up.....good bye to the victim...in the case of rape, even DNA evidence is null, when there are no 4 Muslim witnesses. So what do you think?

Huh??? You can't be serious! Really got such a law?

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
Any possibility Johor gets separated from Malaysia, and then Singapore and Johor become one? :smile: Woohooo... no more customs checkpoints, no more jams! Just walk/drive thru!
Well, he has been advocating for such a separation lately. However, I dare say there will never be a chance and if ever so, Sabah and Sarawak will come first before Johor.

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
lol.. I stopped talking to that person if he compare Malaysia to Singapore, how much land.. blah blah blah. It makes more sense to compare City to City, like KL to City State Singapore.

We cannot underestimate the forces of urbanization which is happening in Malaysia, people moving to cities like KL or even upcoming ones.

When we invest, we invest in cities. We always say we buy properties in New York, KL, Melbourne, Sydney or London. We don't say we bought a house in USA, Australia or England. Even in London, we talk about Zone 1,2 ,3, 4 or PCL. We don't say we bought in London.
Some see far, some see general yet some don't see or been to at all. We just play along.

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well, he has been advocating for such a separation lately. However, I dare say there will never be a chance and if ever so, Sabah and Sarawak will come first before Johor.

He is just a boy living off his parents.
Just the other day, he said he wanted to buy Inter Milan. 2 days later, he admitted he don't have the money. :smile:

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can you tell those thousands of Sinkies not to come to JB everyday?

You think the thousands of cars coming in JB everyday are Sinkies? Give me a break! They are 95% Malaysian SPR going back to Johor, only on weekends do you get some Sinkies going JB, anyway don't be selfish, a lot of businesses in Johor rely on Singaporeans, cut them off and you will start seeing empty malls and workshops. So have some pity on your fellow country man, you may not need their business, but they do.

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
When we invest, we invest in cities. We always say we buy properties in New York, KL, Melbourne, Sydney or London. We don't say we bought a house in USA, Australia or England. Even in London, we talk about Zone 1,2 ,3, 4 or PCL. We don't say we bought in London.
Some see far, some see general yet some don't see or been to at all. We just play along.

Please lah no matter how you zone Iskandar, there is no difference in occupancy, so stop trying to sound impressive and there is nothing remotely like a big city in Johor.