• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Exchange Rates for RM

rotikok

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is where you don't understand!

Every country has different ratings based on many factors and there are several international ratings on a country's credibility.
Some has high grading like Singapore, UK, Switzerland at AAA in the Fitch rating against MY's A-.
AAA are the best quality borrowers, reliable and stable and international banks will fight tooth and nail to service this country..
Once you are on a lower scale, the interest on the borrowing will usually be much higher and maybe only certain banks are willing to service.
Take a big loan and you'll be in big trouble.
Good example 1MDB, the interest generated is as much as USD300 million/annum which means about USD1 million per day!!!!!
And worse, 1MDB had already defaulted TWICE this year and this is definitely bad for the country's future borrowing and its rating!

Hope you now understand better.

Then how come those countries that have AAA, their debt ratio also big?

Investor888

Alfrescian
Loyal
Alamak, since 20 years ago the ratings on Malaysia hasn't been good. People keep saying Malaysia no money no money but over the past 20 years the Malaysians are snapping up Mercs and BMWs

20 years ago I will be shocked to see a JB-mercs in Singapore. Now its damn common.

Rich or poor, those people in the circle will know it. Its only those Singaporeans who are jealous who will keep harping on the demerits of Malaysia ( LKY is one of them )

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Alamak, since 20 years ago the ratings on Malaysia hasn't been good. People keep saying Malaysia no money no money but over the past 20 years the Malaysians are snapping up Mercs and BMWs

20 years ago I will be shocked to see a JB-mercs in Singapore. Now its damn common.

Rich or poor, those people in the circle will know it. Its only those Singaporeans who are jealous who will keep harping on the demerits of Malaysia ( LKY is one of them )

Ehh...do u know we have lots of Msians SPRs who also bad mouthed Msia? But they still insist holding on tightly to their blue IC and passport. Why so kia su? Renounce lah.

And also those Msian permit holders too. Say Sinkie garment garment good. Gave me good jobs and pay? Basket their own currency weaken they kpkb. But when they exchange their take home pay and salary tripled, they praise Sinkie garment. Tsk tsk tsk...

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ehh...do u know we have lots of Msians SPRs who also bad mouthed Msia? But they still insist holding on tightly to their blue IC and passport. Why so kia su? Renounce lah.

And also those Msian permit holders too. Say Sinkie garment garment good. Gave me good jobs and pay? Basket their own currency weaken they kpkb. But when they exchange their take home pay and salary tripled, they praise Sinkie garment. Tsk tsk tsk...

Not just SPRs. I have many friends who migrated but still hold Malaysian passports. Everytime talk how bad Malaysia is as if trying to justify their decision to go overseas. Dirty, unsafe, polluted, etc etc as if new country so good. But privately they told me...damn lonely leh, no friends and everyone very selfish.

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not just SPRs. I have many friends who migrated but still hold Malaysian passports. Everytime talk how bad Malaysia is as if trying to justify their decision to go overseas. Dirty, unsafe, polluted, etc etc as if new country so good. But privately they told me...damn lonely leh, no friends and everyone very selfish.
I have come across many Malaysian Chinese are like the Chameleons. They will talk pro-Singapore when they are in Singapore, but will change and criticize all the ill-intent of the Singaporeans when they are back home.

Anyway, as you'd said before, Malaysian Chinese are most capable to "swim with the tide".

Grago

Alfrescian
Loyal
The grass is always greener on the other side, until one is on the otherside then actually see the "big brown patches". Then have to decide whether the 'brown patches' one left behind is comparable to the "New brown patches" and can tahan or go back to the "familiar brown patch" and be content!

mpan12

Alfrescian
Loyal

No point talking about your friend, my friend, or I heard, I thought.... my friends and your friends only at most a few only compared to the many thousands who have migrated. It's biased and not representative of what is happening.

Migrate or not, it all depends on one's objectives, preferences, lifestyles etc. My friend can easily get good job offers overseas but he rather stay put in SG cos he said he just cannot leave the conveniences of the amenities in SG. Go downstairs got food already. So many nice Asian foods also. Ang Mo countries want to eat supper also cannot.

Unlike your friends, I've also met several Malaysians or ex-Malaysians who will outright tell you they don't like Malaysia and the government. One I know is happily settled down in Canada. A few enjoying their good life in Australia.

My several Malaysian colleagues either became PR or those who like Singapore, already converted to SG IC and setup their families here. To them, you can put a knife to their neck they won't even consider buying Malaysian properties. Puteri Harbour, Legoland, etc so nice what... buy la.... They will tell you "Don't be crazy!"

On the other hand, we have also heard of how Singaporeans that hate SG have migrated out instead. I also have friends who are happy to leave the country.

So we can't generalize things just because our friends are like this or like that. Bottom line is, like it, do it. Don't like it, don't do it lor....

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
No point talking about your friend, my friend, or I heard, I thought.... my friends and your friends only at most a few only compared to the many thousands who have migrated. It's biased and not representative of what is happening.

Migrate or not, it all depends on one's objectives, preferences, lifestyles etc. My friend can easily get good job offers overseas but he rather stay put in SG cos he said he just cannot leave the conveniences of the amenities in SG. Go downstairs got food already. So many nice Asian foods also. Ang Mo countries want to eat supper also cannot.

Unlike your friends, I've also met several Malaysians or ex-Malaysians who will outright tell you they don't like Malaysia and the government. One I know is happily settled down in Canada. A few enjoying their good life in Australia.

My several Malaysian colleagues either became PR or those who like Singapore, already converted to SG IC and setup their families here. To them, you can put a knife to their neck they won't even consider buying Malaysian properties. Puteri Harbour, Legoland, etc so nice what... buy la.... They will tell you "Don't be crazy!"

On the other hand, we have also heard of how Singaporeans that hate SG have migrated out instead. I also have friends who are happy to leave the country.

So we can't generalize things just because our friends are like this or like that. Bottom line is, like it, do it. Don't like it, don't do it lor....

Best part is I can see that they are happily staying there. But in front of me so many complaints.

borei

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hello, any bro remit MYR back to SGD before? I asked bank but their exchange rate is really suck, like blood sucker.

Shall I try Western Union? Thanks:smile:

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
The controversial National Security Council (NSC) Act became law on Tuesday (June 7) but did not obtain express Royal Assent, unlike other Bills passed by Parliament.
Under the new law, the Prime Minister is empowered to declare an area a security area for six months at a time.
The NSC may then direct the deployment of any security forces or any other Government entities to the area.
The forces can stop and search any individual, vehicle, vessel, aircraft in the area without a warrant, as well as enter and search any premise or place.

This NSC Act was rushed out, bulldozed through the Parliament and gazetted in super short time when the multi-billion 1MDB scandal involving the PM was being investigated at home and in many other countries including Singapore.
Why the rush to gazette this new ACT, wonder does this means anything in the coming months, what kind of impact it has on the market?

http://www.straitstimes.com/asia/se-asia/malaysia-enacts-controversial-national-security-council-law

Last edited:

angmokio

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hello, any bro remit MYR back to SGD before? I asked bank but their exchange rate is really suck, like blood sucker.

Shall I try Western Union? Thanks:smile:
would you like to change with me as I need Malaysian currencies for my jb service apartment?

rotikok

Alfrescian
Loyal
With oil above 50 USD, RM can be anytime strengthening back to RM3.8/1 USD, anyone thinks ringgit will be strengthening back?

eric3417

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oil unlikely sustain recent rally. Unless Opec can agree on production cut which is very slim %.
Global economy slowing... Doesn't bode well for oil consumption.
Msia own political factors will affect myr too.
My 2cents myr will drop further.

DCputeri

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bedok money changer offering 2.9971 yesterday. It is observed that money changer has a time lag in offering better rate on the up trend while bank counter moves up and down much faster following the market.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ringgit falls most in two weeks on lower oil, Brexit risk

Monday, 13 June 2016 | MYT 10:28 AM

KUALA LUMPUR: Malaysia's ringgit fell by the most this month, as oil prices retreated and the prospect of the U.K. leaving the European Union fueled demand for haven assets.

Brent crude extended declines to a third session on Monday after recording its steepest fall in a month on Friday, weighing on the outlook for Malaysia, which derives about a fifth of government revenue from energy-related sources. A gauge of the dollar held a gain from last week as polls ahead of the June 23 referendum showed those backing a British exit from the EU are almost evenly split with those who favor staying.

“In the last New York session, the dollar rose against most emerging markets on fear of the Brexit risk,” said Masashi Murata, a vice president at Brown Brothers Harriman & Co. in Tokyo. “The oil price dropped on that as well, which leads to a weaker ringgit.”

The ringgit depreciated as much as 0.9 percent, the biggest drop since May 30, before trading 0.8 percent weaker at 4.1040 per dollar as of 9:30 a.m. in Kuala Lumpur, according to prices from local banks compiled by Bloomberg.

A report due Wednesday is forecast to show Malaysian consumer prices rose 2 percent in May from a year earlier, the slowest pace since April last year, according to the median estimate of economists in a Bloomberg survey. - bLOOMBERG

http://www.thestar.com.my/business/...s-most-in-two-weeks-on-lower-oil-brexit-risk/

inspired

arcade-plaza-traders.jpg rates at The Arcade, its over 3!!!