• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

New developments to share

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
大臣表示,「国际房屋区」的规划是为了限制外国人在本地置产区域,以免发生外国人与本地人竞购本地市场的情况。根据初步规划,「国际房屋区」(International Zone)位于依斯干达发展区内的填海地段,或面海区域。

Maybe buying normal landed house is history in jb..:biggrin:

it's interesting how the proposed "international housing area" (read: chop carrot singaporean properties) are also areas where the sultan is involved. hmmmmm! where is Dr. M? i think our dear Dr. M need to say soemthing stronger. :smile:

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
it's interesting how the proposed "international housing area" (read: chop carrot singaporean properties) are also areas where the sultan is involved. hmmmmm! where is Dr. M? i think our dear Dr. M need to say soemthing stronger. :smile:

Slapping their own local developers face that currently operate in. Guess, who will chase after these developers if units pile up..:p

M is a screwdriver, tat like to screw Singaporean. :cool:
He is LKY playmate.:p

Last edited:

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Slapping their own local developers face that currently operate in. Guess, who will chase after these developers if units pile up..:p

M is a screwdriver, tat like to screw Singaporean. :cool:
He is LKY playmate.:p

Dr M good. he see, he don't like , he shoot. at least he is honest.

Valdez

Alfrescian
Loyal
Now what? Getting more and more confusing

Johor mulling creating an international zone

Foreigners are aware the real estate development in Johor is doing well, but the majority of them are more interested in buying strata properties like apartments, including studio units, according to Johor Exco member Datuk Abd Latif Bandi. — Pic courtesy of http://iskandardevelopment.wordpress.com

NUSAJAYA, June 10:

Johor is studying the need to create an international zone for foreigners to buy property in the state.

State Housing and Local Government Committee chairman Datuk Abd Latif Bandi today said the international zone would act to control the ownership of real estate by foreigners in Johor.

It would also have a quota for land ownership for Malays.

“If we want Johor to develop, we need to consider this international zone.

“That is why the state government, over the past one year, has been trying to develop this zone, without sidelining development for Malays,” Abd Latif said.

“We will select an area in this city to be turned into a Malay reserve land. We can’t leave the Malays out of the city,” he said when met by The Rakyat Post here.

According to Abd Latif, the issue of land ownership by foreigners was not as serious as what people think as the locals were still ahead in terms of owning property when compared to foreigners.

Foreigners know that the real estate development in Johor is doing well, but the majority of them were more interested in buying strata properties like apartments, especially studio units, he said.

Abd Latif explained that the public must look at the bigger picture as this related to investment.

“Economy in China is on the rise now. Therefore, they are looking to invest outside their country.

“We can’t turn them away if they want to buy properties here. But even so, we control it, as they can only purchase housing properties that cost more than RM1 million.”

State Housing and Local Government Committee chairman Datuk Abd Latif Bandi says foreigners can only buy housing properties valued at more than RM1 million.
In efforts to make Johor a developed state, the state government is considering turning Johor into a shopping hub, an area which so far has been monopolised by Singapore.

If Johor succeeds in becoming a shopping hub, the local economy will get a boost and foreign currency will flow into the country.

“We want to turn Johor into a shopping hub for foreigners to shop here instead of having to go to Singapore.

“But, at the same time, we do not want to sideline the low-income earners,” Abd Latif added.

“Even though we build malls, we also have the pasar tani (farmers’ markets) for the Malays to conduct their business and shop. We can make Johor a real estate to be proud of.”

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
Talk is cheap. How can the Federal Government will ever allow Johor to be more prosperous and successful than KL? Also, to have the quality and quantity of the people (foreigners and locals alike), most importantly, there must be sufficient and skill matching jobs for them. Presently, there is a mismatch of expectation in this aspect. I think it's easier said than done.

Last edited:

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
I know for sure Medini and Puteri Harbour for sure will be international zone. Safe
heaven

how you know? the dark hand behind it like emperor palpatine in star wars ep 1,2,3. maybe international zone is only at CG forest city and R&F prices cove??

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
how you know? the dark hand behind it like emperor palpatine in star wars ep 1,2,3. maybe international zone is only at CG forest city and R&F prices cove??

To add further, just imagine you are a would-be SG buyer. Are you excited by this creation of an 'international zone' specially for foreigners (mostly SG, PRCs) or will you be worried by the flip flop nature of the housing policies, esp as such 'international zones' are likely to be highly speculative?

Do you, as a Singaporean, like to see yourself squeezing with your fellow Singaporeans and PRCs in crowded 'international sea zone' condos, be it Puteri Harbour, Medini, Danga Bay or Tanjong Puteri?

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
I wonder if they are referring to this International Destination resort

49.jpg

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
To add further, just imagine you are a would-be SG buyer. Are you excited by this creation of an 'international zone' specially for foreigners (mostly SG, PRCs) or will you be worried by the flip flop nature of the housing policies, esp as such 'international zones' are likely to be highly speculative?

Do you, as a Singaporean, like to see yourself squeezing with your fellow Singaporeans and PRCs in crowded 'international sea zone' condos, be it Puteri Harbour, Medini, Danga Bay or Tanjong Puteri?

Note the tax rate will be different in international zones. IMHO it is targeting foreigners to soak up the stock of properties launched by developers who purchase land at high prices from someone, and on top of this a tax rate is levied on the developers. The developers will then transfer the cost to the buyers. The government then continues to tax the owners in this zone and divert the money for other purposes outside the zone such as compensating the fishermen, hopefully. This zone may shift and/or expand accordingly.

Johor to impose 30 sen payment for every sq ft of sea reclamation
http://www.thestar.com.my/News/Nation/2014/07/06/Johor-sea-reclamation/

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Note the retrospective nature of the 30 sen penalty. Owners who purchased properties that have yet to VP in this international zone will be screwed.

Davis

Alfrescian
Loyal
Be prepared to pay higher "maintenance fees" yearly....not forgetting daily $50 charges for bringing your kids thru and flow . Is it better to invest in KL or other areas where u are not branded later as overcrowding unwanted foreigners?

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tidak la..

国际房屋区」(International Zone)位于依斯干达发展区内的填海地段,或面海区域。

Senibong cove and yr PH buai tio liao..:biggrin: can AutoPilot..

If Senibong Cove and PH is safe and nice enough, why should people go buy in those planned "international zones"?

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal

i don't need to think like a singaporean. as i malaysian i think it sucks. if want to attract talent, investments etc, c'mon la don't simply simply change the rule without proper and considered planning. somemore backdate the "reclaimed land" tax! pengsan lo.

Last edited:

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
If Senibong Cove and PH is safe and nice enough, why should people go buy in those planned "international zones"?

the way i am reading this, and correct me if i'm wrong, is that the proposal is to allow foreigners to ONLY BUY in approved international zones. or did i read it wrong?

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
the way i am reading this, and correct me if i'm wrong, is that the proposal is to allow foreigners to ONLY BUY in approved international zones. or did i read it wrong?

My guess is I think after the developers had a good run with the high priced properties and left the poor aside, the State see that he has to be seen doing something for his poor people. Therefore they are now thinking of setting up "International Zones" where you get giant gated and guarded communities. Outside this zone would be the land that can be developed for the social housing types. Where it is located is anyone guess.
Actually someone is getting envious with the profits the developers are reaping from the early launches in JB and they want to get into the pie themselves. One of the way is to extend the life cycle of the property demand curve and hopefully this so called international zone would be the extension. And you can bet that this new zones would involve some vested interests.
Anyway, this is my personal view. :biggrin:

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal

Just based on 大臣 talk talk about the "Non-bumi zone"..:p
Say one more time and last.. the sleeping dragon has awakened. :biggrin: