Page 272 of 487 FirstFirst ... 172222262270271272273274282322372 ... LastLast
Results 5,421 to 5,440 of 9735

Thread: Living in JB 2 (Johore)

  1. #5421
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    North by North West of Singapore
    Posts
    6,464
    My Reputation Points: 100122 / Power: 206

    Default Re: Living in JB 2 (Johore)

    Quote Originally Posted by jazjoz View Post
    thanks. that's what I thought. using them together will be overkill.
    Yes, unless you really need water pressure strong enough to wash algae off walls that kind of thing.
    Just the water pump on the roof top tank will be good enough.

    By the way, saw a question on solar panels for water heaters, if its mainly to save electricity, its not
    a lot difference but if its because one is inclined to go green, then its good to go down that route.

    There was one brand monier which folks here say is bad so maybe good to avoid.
    Share on Twitter

  2. #5422
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    North by North West of Singapore
    Posts
    6,464
    My Reputation Points: 100122 / Power: 206

    Default Re: Living in JB 2 (Johore)

    Hi Stevewish,

    Don't give up, you can always look at other areas. Your earlier posting, before it was edited i saw it as well.
    Can't blame anyone for thinking you are an agent to be fair. You can post at the agents thread as no issues
    with that if you have anyone to recommend.
    Share on Twitter

  3. #5423
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    400
    My Reputation Points: 43 / Power: 3

    Default Re: Living in JB 2 (Johore)

    Just read the news that DAP supremo would lead a team of PKR top guns to contest in Johor during the coming National and state elections. So Johor would be key battle field.
    Share on Twitter

  4. #5424
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    1,316
    My Reputation Points: 58 / Power: 5

    Default Re: Living in JB 2 (Johore)

    Quote Originally Posted by sgtsk View Post
    Just read the news that DAP supremo would lead a team of PKR top guns to contest in Johor during the coming National and state elections. So Johor would be key battle field.
    So whats your opinion on this? Good sign or not?
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


    Share on Twitter

  5. #5425
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    2,075
    My Reputation Points: 80 / Power: 3

    Default Re: Living in JB 2 (Johore)

    Little mini Orlando in JB? Bring it on

    Johor to echo Orlando's success by becoming SEA's fun hub

    By HomeGuru Malaysia

    Johor is poised to become the amusement park capital of the country as well as in the South East Asia region, with its cluster of at least 11 leisure destinations.

    According to The Business Times, many industry observers said with Malaysia's new attractions, coupled with Singapore's world-class tourist destinations, the southern region of Asia could compete with Orlando in Florida where Disneyland offers the central attraction.

    State-owned investment company Khazanah Nasional Bhd has taken part in most of Johor's proposed attractions, with at least five projects developed by Khazanah's leisure and tourism subsidiary - Themed Attractions and Resorts (TAR) Malaysia.

    Malaysia is not competing with Singapore in terms of the tourist attractions but instead, the countries complement and supplement each other, explained Tunku Ahmad Burhanuddin, CEO of TAR.

    "We want to make it the attraction capital and the number one family destination in the Asean region," he said.

    Steve Peet, TAR's Chief Operating Office, said "the entire area can become a tourist destination in its own right, just like Orlando."

    Ahmad explained that Malaysia has many visitors but the nation used to have insufficient attractions. Thus, TAR was established in 2009 "to be a catalyst for investments in the tourism sector and to design, build and operate attractions."

    Moreover, approximately RM2.3 billion fund has already been allocated until 2015 to develop parks and attractions. However, Ahmad said "it is not enough just to have Hello Kitty Town and Little Big Club to promote Malaysia. So, we decided to incorporate Lat, our famous cartoonist," Ahmad said.

    ‘Lat' is inspired by the kampung scene in the Last comics. The project will comprise an indoor area, which measures 6,000 sq ft, as well as restaurants and theatres, among others.
    Share on Twitter

  6. #5426
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    2,075
    My Reputation Points: 80 / Power: 3

    Default Re: Living in JB 2 (Johore)

    Some feedbacks about monier here

    http://www.sammyboy.com/showthread.p...r-installation



    Quote Originally Posted by wuqi256 View Post
    Yes, unless you really need water pressure strong enough to wash algae off walls that kind of thing.
    Just the water pump on the roof top tank will be good enough.

    By the way, saw a question on solar panels for water heaters, if its mainly to save electricity, its not
    a lot difference but if its because one is inclined to go green, then its good to go down that route.

    There was one brand monier which folks here say is bad so maybe good to avoid.
    Share on Twitter

  7. #5427
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    2,075
    My Reputation Points: 80 / Power: 3

    Default Re: Living in JB 2 (Johore)

    There is a table with a list of the theme parks and attractions in this link

    http://www.btimes.com.my/Current_New...cle/index_html


    Quote Originally Posted by DREAMorACTION View Post
    Little mini Orlando in JB? Bring it on

    Johor to echo Orlando's success by becoming SEA's fun hub

    By HomeGuru Malaysia

    Johor is poised to become the amusement park capital of the country as well as in the South East Asia region, with its cluster of at least 11 leisure destinations.

    According to The Business Times, many industry observers said with Malaysia's new attractions, coupled with Singapore's world-class tourist destinations, the southern region of Asia could compete with Orlando in Florida where Disneyland offers the central attraction.

    State-owned investment company Khazanah Nasional Bhd has taken part in most of Johor's proposed attractions, with at least five projects developed by Khazanah's leisure and tourism subsidiary - Themed Attractions and Resorts (TAR) Malaysia.

    Malaysia is not competing with Singapore in terms of the tourist attractions but instead, the countries complement and supplement each other, explained Tunku Ahmad Burhanuddin, CEO of TAR.

    "We want to make it the attraction capital and the number one family destination in the Asean region," he said.

    Steve Peet, TAR's Chief Operating Office, said "the entire area can become a tourist destination in its own right, just like Orlando."

    Ahmad explained that Malaysia has many visitors but the nation used to have insufficient attractions. Thus, TAR was established in 2009 "to be a catalyst for investments in the tourism sector and to design, build and operate attractions."

    Moreover, approximately RM2.3 billion fund has already been allocated until 2015 to develop parks and attractions. However, Ahmad said "it is not enough just to have Hello Kitty Town and Little Big Club to promote Malaysia. So, we decided to incorporate Lat, our famous cartoonist," Ahmad said.

    ‘Lat' is inspired by the kampung scene in the Last comics. The project will comprise an indoor area, which measures 6,000 sq ft, as well as restaurants and theatres, among others.
    Share on Twitter

  8. #5428
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    400
    My Reputation Points: 43 / Power: 3

    Default Re: Living in JB 2 (Johore)

    Hi Cathy, i must acknowledge that I do not know for sure. I think it is unlikely for the opposition to win the state but it could give the ruling coalition a run for their money. The BN would be forced to give more goodies to the people(not necessarily for foreigners though). If BN wins, then status quo or little bit worse for some foreign investors(not the FDI type) such as foreign property investors may be in the form of higher bar but I think it would not be too drastic as Malaysian economy needs a substantial support from foreign dollars. In the not so likely event of opposition win, then a lot would depend on the sultan if HM would cooperate as HM could hinder the proper functioning of thè state govt if HM so intended. DAP runs Penang well so it has capability to run Johor as well. PKR should be ok too but PAS is less appealing for running economy. All in all, for foreigners already with sunk in investment, there ought not be too much risks from the election but of course as people always say everything is still possible.
    Share on Twitter

  9. #5429
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    400
    My Reputation Points: 43 / Power: 3

    Default Re: Living in JB 2 (Johore)

    Quote Originally Posted by DREAMorACTION View Post
    There is a table with a list of the theme parks and attractions in this link

    http://www.btimes.com.my/Current_New...cle/index_html
    Thank you for the post( and many earlier posts and information)! This
    should augur well for Johor's economic future as well as investors dollars.
    Share on Twitter

  10. #5430
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    400
    My Reputation Points: 43 / Power: 3

    Default Re: Living in JB 2 (Johore)

    Quote Originally Posted by DREAMorACTION View Post
    There is a table with a list of the theme parks and attractions in this link

    http://www.btimes.com.my/Current_New...cle/index_html
    Thank you for the post( and many earlier posts and information)! This
    should augur well for Johor's economic future as well as investors dollars.
    Share on Twitter

  11. #5431
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    2,075
    My Reputation Points: 80 / Power: 3

    Default Re: Living in JB 2 (Johore)

    The server is so slow. Feel like I'm using dial-up. Actually worse, sometimes I can't even load the page so it's worse than dial-up ... Is it me or did u guys experience the same?
    Share on Twitter

  12. #5432
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Little red dot
    Posts
    409
    My Reputation Points: 106 / Power: 4

    Default Re: Living in JB 2 (Johore)

    Quote Originally Posted by DREAMorACTION View Post
    The server is so slow. Feel like I'm using dial-up. Actually worse, sometimes I can't even load the page so it's worse than dial-up ... Is it me or did u guys experience the same?
    Slow using iPad, switched to Laptop and its much faster...
    Share on Twitter

  13. #5433
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    400
    My Reputation Points: 43 / Power: 3

    Default Re: Living in JB 2 (Johore)

    Quote Originally Posted by DREAMorACTION View Post
    The server is so slow. Feel like I'm using dial-up. Actually worse, sometimes I can't even load the page so it's worse than dial-up ... Is it me or did u guys experience the same?
    Ya. Same experience earlier. Now much better.
    Share on Twitter

  14. #5434
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    1,316
    My Reputation Points: 58 / Power: 5

    Default Re: Living in JB 2 (Johore)

    Quote Originally Posted by sgtsk View Post
    Hi Cathy, i must acknowledge that I do not know for sure. I think it is unlikely for the opposition to win the state but it could give the ruling coalition a run for their money. The BN would be forced to give more goodies to the people(not necessarily for foreigners though). If BN wins, then status quo or little bit worse for some foreign investors(not the FDI type) such as foreign property investors may be in the form of higher bar but I think it would not be too drastic as Malaysian economy needs a substantial support from foreign dollars. In the not so likely event of opposition win, then a lot would depend on the sultan if HM would cooperate as HM could hinder the proper functioning of thè state govt if HM so intended. DAP runs Penang well so it has capability to run Johor as well. PKR should be ok too but PAS is less appealing for running economy. All in all, for foreigners already with sunk in investment, there ought not be too much risks from the election but of course as people always say everything is still possible.
    Thanks for the view. However I a bit worried about the customs increase charges for Singapore cars. Seems like they want to make us pay for the cost of building the EDL...
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


    Share on Twitter

  15. #5435
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    214
    My Reputation Points: 89 / Power: 3

    Default Re: Living in JB 2 (Johore)

    Quote Originally Posted by wuqi256 View Post
    Yes, unless you really need water pressure strong enough to wash algae off walls that kind of thing.
    Just the water pump on the roof top tank will be good enough.

    By the way, saw a question on solar panels for water heaters, if its mainly to save electricity, its not
    a lot difference but if its because one is inclined to go green, then its good to go down that route.

    There was one brand monier which folks here say is bad so maybe good to avoid.
    Thanks Wuqi for remembering my question on solar water storage. I am not really sure abt what sort of water heater I shld install for a house with 5 bathrooms!! My 3 room hdb flat is a much simpler solution. Haha... Any suggestion, bro?
    Share on Twitter

  16. #5436
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    1,316
    My Reputation Points: 58 / Power: 5

    Default Re: Living in JB 2 (Johore)

    Quote Originally Posted by captainjones View Post
    Thanks Wuqi for remembering my question on solar water storage. I am not really sure abt what sort of water heater I shld install for a house with 5 bathrooms!! My 3 room hdb flat is a much simpler solution. Haha... Any suggestion, bro?
    Get a simple 1to1 type for each tap. Spoil just change the spoil one. Don't need to run so many pipes to connect to the heater.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


    Share on Twitter

  17. #5437
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    214
    My Reputation Points: 89 / Power: 3

    Default Re: Living in JB 2 (Johore)

    Quote Originally Posted by cathylmg View Post
    Get a simple 1to1 type for each tap. Spoil just change the spoil one. Don't need to run so many pipes to connect to the heater.
    Hi Cathy, do you mean install 5 separate electric water heaters, instead of having a storage water heater? Thks.
    Share on Twitter

  18. #5438
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    1,316
    My Reputation Points: 58 / Power: 5

    Default Re: Living in JB 2 (Johore)

    Quote Originally Posted by captainjones View Post
    Hi Cathy, do you mean install 5 separate electric water heaters, instead of having a storage water heater? Thks.
    Yap. 4 toilets so 4 heaters.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


    Share on Twitter

  19. #5439
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    214
    My Reputation Points: 89 / Power: 3

    Default Re: Living in JB 2 (Johore)

    Quote Originally Posted by cathylmg View Post
    Yap. 4 toilets so 4 heaters.
    simple and straight forward solution. Thanks!
    Share on Twitter

  20. #5440
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    1,316
    My Reputation Points: 58 / Power: 5

    Default Re: Living in JB 2 (Johore)

    Quote Originally Posted by captainjones View Post
    Hi Cathy, do you mean install 5 separate electric water heaters, instead of having a storage water heater? Thks.
    Yap. So that no need to run so many pipes.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


    Share on Twitter

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Last time Johore Road Ah Kuas .....
    By Equalisation in forum The Courtyard Café
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 27-03-2010, 06:33 PM
  2. The Ruler of Johore can replace our President now.
    By fivestars in forum Political Issues [no rep deductions]
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-03-2010, 07:17 AM
  3. Controversies of late Johore Sultan
    By eErotica69 in forum The Courtyard Café
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 12-02-2010, 03:05 AM
  4. Would Malaysia sell water to SG when Drought hit Johore?
    By tun_dr_m in forum The Courtyard Café
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-11-2009, 11:07 AM
  5. Peasants struggles in BN's stronghold Johore
    By uncleyap in forum Political Issues [no rep deductions]
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 18-10-2008, 05:22 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •