• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Queen Elizabeth The Queen Mother

no_faith

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
why she was the secret weapon of britain?:confused:

why she was influential in the war with Hitler?:confused:

wat did she do?:confused:

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Because British lost hope . No one listen to leader.
If no one listen to Queen the there no more monarchy in England anymore. It will be republic.

no_faith

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Because British lost hope . No one listen to leader.
If no one listen to Queen the there no more monarchy in England anymore. It will be republic.
the ppl at that time believe their royals can bring them back to life?:confused:

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
the Royals would have abandoned the British people if the Germans had a navy able to help them invade England !

they can always flee to Canada......................

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i lazy to type...so cut n paste from Wiki:

During World War II, the King and Queen became symbols of the nation's determination to fight fascism.[SUP][63][/SUP] Shortly after the declaration of war, The Queen's Book of the Red Cross was conceived. Fifty authors and artists contributed to the book, which was fronted by Cecil Beaton's portrait of the Queen and was sold in aid of the Red Cross.[SUP][64][/SUP] Elizabeth publicly refused to leave London or send the children to Canada, even during the Blitz, when she was advised by the Cabinet to do so. She said, "The children won't go without me. I won't leave the King. And the King will never leave."[SUP][65][/SUP]
She visited troops, hospitals, factories, and parts of Britain that were targeted by the German Luftwaffe, in particular the East End, near London's docks. Her visits initially provoked hostility. Rubbish was thrown at her and the crowds jeered, in part because she dressed in expensive clothing which served to alienate her from those suffering the privations caused by the war.[SUP][6][/SUP] She explained that if the public came to see her they would wear their best clothes, so she should reciprocate in kind; Norman Hartnell dressed her in gentle colours and never black, in order to represent "the rainbow of hope".[SUP][66][/SUP] When Buckingham Palace itself took several hits during the height of the bombing, Elizabeth was able to say, "I'm glad we've been bombed. It makes me feel I can look the East End in the face."[SUP][67][/SUP]
Though the King and Queen spent the working day at Buckingham Palace, partly for security and family reasons they stayed at night at Windsor Castle about 20 miles (32 km) west of central London with the Princesses Elizabeth and Margaret. The Palace had lost much of its staff to the army, and most of the rooms were shut.[SUP][68][/SUP] The windows were shattered by bomb blasts, and had to be boarded up.[SUP][69][/SUP] During the "Phoney War" the Queen was given revolver training because of fears of imminent invasion.[SUP][70][/SUP]
Because of her effect on British morale, Adolf Hitler is said to have called her "the most dangerous woman in Europe".[SUP][5][/SUP] However, prior to the war both she and her husband, like most of Parliament and the British public, had been supporters of appeasement and Prime Minister Neville Chamberlain, believing after the experience of the First World War that war had to be avoided at all costs. After the resignation of Chamberlain, the King asked Winston Churchill to form a government. Although the King was initially reluctant to support Churchill, in due course both the King and Queen came to respect and admire him for what they perceived to be his courage and solidarity.[SUP][71][/SUP][SUP][72][/SUP] At the end of the war in 1945, Churchill was invited onto the balcony in a similar gesture to that given to Chamberlain.

Forvendet

Alfrescian
Loyal
the Royals would have abandoned the British people if the Germans had a navy able to help them invade England !

they can always flee to Canada......................

None of the royal family left even as German Luftwaffe was raining bombs on Britain. That was what retained the respect of the British to the royals. They were also royal family to Canada of course. The refusal to flee for safety also made the Canadian troops sent over to help felt more inspired for an honorable cause. A German invasion was a clear and real danger then. There was no guarantee that RAF and RN could hold off the Germans from landing on Britain, but they stayed.

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
She was there when the British people needed stoic leadership during those turbulent times... Her husband King George VI was an accidental King when his elder brother Edward addicated the throne to marry an American widow... The Queens Mother inspired the British to fight on in the war against the Germans,and even Hitler regarded her to be the most dangerous woman in Europe...Shoud watch the Movie ''The Kings Speech''... A very good movie depicting the lives of the Royal Family during the 2nd World War..

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
She was there when the British people needed stoic leadership during those turbulent times... Her husband King George VI was an accidental King when his elder brother Edward addicated the throne to marry an American widow... The Queens Mother inspired the British to fight on in the war against the Germans,and even Hitler regarded her to be the most dangerous woman in Europe...Shoud watch the Movie ''The Kings Speech''... A very good movie depicting the lives of the Royal Family during the 2nd World War..

i wonder if HC can play this role, if (touch wood) singapore go into war...or Mrs Tony Tan...(given she is first lady)

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i wonder if HC can play this role, if (touch wood) singapore go into war...or Mrs Tony Tan...(given she is first lady)

He..He.. I think they will take the first available SQ flight and fark off from Spore if Spore go to war...

Forvendet

Alfrescian
Loyal
thus increase the morale of the soldiers?:confused:
making the germans incapable of land invasion?:confused:

Not only had the royal family stayed, they had and always have their royal young men in the armed forces. Not Singapore white horse style guaranteed a rocket ride to BG, but through the ranks and files. They don't hide in their palaces and broadcast rhetorics only. In the Falklands War, Prince Andrew was only a Sgt., helicopter co-pilot, took an Argentinian missile hit and went home in a stretcher.

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
None of the royal family left even as German Luftwaffe was raining bombs on Britain. That was what retained the respect of the British to the royals. They were also royal family to Canada of course. The refusal to flee for safety also made the Canadian troops sent over to help felt more inspired for an honorable cause. A German invasion was a clear and real danger then. There was no guarantee that RAF and RN could hold off the Germans from landing on Britain, but they stayed.

how to invade UK when the German Navy was so weak ???

land tens of thousands of soldiers by parachute ???...................tanks leh ???

assuming the RAF completely destroyed.................

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Not only had the royal family stayed, they had and always have their royal young men in the armed forces. Not Singapore white horse style guaranteed a rocket ride to BG, but through the ranks and files. They don't hide in their palaces and broadcast rhetorics only. In the Falklands War, Prince Andrew was only a Sgt., helicopter co-pilot, took an Argentinian missile hit and went home in a stretcher.

Agree.. Even Churchill's son Randolph fought in the 2nd World War.. The great British Field Marshall, Lord Wavell who commanded the British forces in the Middle East and Pacific also has a son who served in the war as an officer with the Black Watch.. The son later lost his hand fighting the Japs in the Burma Campaign.. Many young men from the British elite families answered the call of their country and fought in the 2nd World War...

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
how to invade UK when the German Navy was so weak ???

land tens of thousands of soldiers by parachute ???...................tanks leh ???

assuming the RAF completely destroyed.................

in my opinion, if Germany had invaded, they could have succeeded. Its partly smoke screen from Britain that they have the impression that Britain is still ok.

The wolfpacks r taking their grip in the Atlantic, their airforce are bombing Britain on daily basis. Its with radar that Britain manage to survive...

of course, its easy for us to talk at hindsight that during that time fog of war makes everything 100X more uncertain.