• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

New entry fees to Sentosa

• Thread starter Tadakatsu Honda
  • Start date
T

Tadakatsu Honda

Singapore
Home > Breaking News > Singapore > Story
Jan 7, 2010

<!-- by line --> By Maria Almenoar

<!-- end left side bar -->
sentosa-chewsengkim.jpg

There will be a flat rate ranging from $2 to $7 depending on the time of the day. -- ST PHOTO: CHEW SENG KIM

<!-- story content : start --> CHARGES to Sentosa Island will be revised from Jan 18 to encourage more people to car pool, in a bid to reduce traffic congestion. The island expects substantial congestion when Resorts World Sentosa opens later this month. Motorists will no longer be charged $2 per passenger, plus the $2 fee for the car. Instead, there will be a flat rate ranging from $2 to $7 depending on the time of the day. Taxi charges will also be revised to a flat rate costing between $2 and $6. To encourage more people to take public transport, (tell that to Raymond Limp!) shuttle buses will now cost $2, down from $3. The frequency of these buses will also be reduced from the current 15 minutes to about seven minutes. Train prices will remain at $3, but car park prices will be revised upwards and there will no longer be a flat fee of $3.21. Instead, motorists will pay $3 for the first four hours and $1 per hour thereafter on weekday mornings and afternoons.On weekends, the prices go up to $5 for the first four horus and $2 per hour thereafter. Weekday evenings are at $1 per entry and $2 per entry on weekend evenings.

FuckSamLeong

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's as good as saying without us mere mortals, the IR gamble won't work. Why can't they just depend on their own elite class and the FTs to boost the visitor numbers?

Glaringly

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
By getting rid of the per passenger to per car charge.

Looks like they are planning to implement ERP in the near future on roads inside Sentosa.:biggrin::biggrin:

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Looks like they are planning to implement ERP in the near future on roads inside Sentosa.:biggrin::biggrin:

Traffic jam in Sentosa? Motorists are advised to avoid and detour via St. John's Island?

dysentry

Alfrescian
Loyal
The traffic jams at Keppel Rd are the biggest bottleneck, blocking the fortune of Genting, doubt they can hit daily target of 30k. The human traffic at Harbourfront MRT is already a nightmare, hardly feels like you are going to a resort.

Yoshitei

Alfrescian
Loyal
Simple solution to the issue at hand...

Don't go.

Over the past 2 decades, how many times has the Government tried to revamp Sentosa?

I lost count, but if I remembered correctly, the last major revamp was with the hotels and resorts followed by the Dragon Trail and Wonder Golf 10 a decade ago and before that, the introduction of monorail and the beaches.

Same old shit, different packaging...

Kuailan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore
Home > Breaking News > Singapore > Story
Jan 7, 2010

<!-- by line --> By Maria Almenoar

<!-- end left side bar -->
sentosa-chewsengkim.jpg

There will be a flat rate ranging from $2 to $7 depending on the time of the day. -- ST PHOTO: CHEW SENG KIM

<!-- story content : start --> CHARGES to Sentosa Island will be revised from Jan 18 to encourage more people to car pool, in a bid to reduce traffic congestion. The island expects substantial congestion when Resorts World Sentosa opens later this month. Motorists will no longer be charged $2 per passenger, plus the $2 fee for the car. Instead, there will be a flat rate ranging from $2 to $7 depending on the time of the day. Taxi charges will also be revised to a flat rate costing between $2 and $6. To encourage more people to take public transport, (tell that to Raymond Limp!) shuttle buses will now cost $2, down from $3. The frequency of these buses will also be reduced from the current 15 minutes to about seven minutes. Train prices will remain at $3, but car park prices will be revised upwards and there will no longer be a flat fee of $3.21. Instead, motorists will pay $3 for the first four hours and $1 per hour thereafter on weekday mornings and afternoons.On weekends, the prices go up to $5 for the first four horus and $2 per hour thereafter. Weekday evenings are at $1 per entry and $2 per entry on weekend evenings.

How about if I cycle from Ponggol to Sentosa ( formerly known as Pulau Blakang Mati) will there be a toll charge on my bicycle I don't have ERP
( Everyday Rob People ) IU unit how? pay cash (Pay and Pay) ????

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Simple solution to the issue at hand...

Don't go.

Over the past 2 decades, how many times has the Government tried to revamp Sentosa?

I lost count, but if I remembered correctly, the last major revamp was with the hotels and resorts followed by the Dragon Trail and Wonder Golf 10 a decade ago and before that, the introduction of monorail and the beaches.

Same old shit, different packaging...

The most notable thing that happened in Sentosa was in 1982 or 83 when a Col. Lee (later BG, now PM) played the role of your friendly neighborhood spiderman trying to rescue people from a fallen cable car...

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
How about if I cycle from Ponggol to Sentosa ( formerly known as Pulau Blakang Mati) will there be a toll charge on my bicycle I don't have ERP
( Everyday Rob People ) IU unit how? pay cash (Pay and Pay) ????

Riding bicycle to Sentosa is forbidden, but you can drive your bicycle in a car across and ride your bicycle around Sentosa.

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I will boycott SR since they have recruited many foreigners. Let foreigners pay for all these crap and Singaporeans must learn to save for retirements.

Yoshitei

Alfrescian
Loyal
The most notable thing that happened in Sentosa was in 1982 or 83 when a Col. Lee (later BG, now PM) played the role of your friendly neighborhood spiderman trying to rescue people from a fallen cable car...

You sure?

The story I heard is rather different...

Long before Spiderman arrive, they could have extracted the civilians from the cars but were ordered to stand down and wait till his majesty arrives.

Besides, with all that bravado, the real hero is the pilot and the guy who hung from a cable to extract those civilians. A clown standing half a mile away and watching in the comfort of an air-conditioned office with a hot cup of tea and a pair of binoculars is hardly worth mentioning in my books.

Yoshitei

Alfrescian
Loyal
Riding bicycle to Sentosa is forbidden, but you can drive your bicycle in a car across and ride your bicycle around Sentosa.

Motorcyclist are banned from Sentosa too.

Therefore, all motorcyclist and cyclists should just boycott Sentosa.

myo539

Alfrescian
Loyal

To minimise air pollution and traffic conditions, and to encourage people to drive less and use public transport, a three-quarter tank rule will apply. All vehicles exiting Sentosa must have three-quarter tank of fuel in their car.

Watchman

Alfrescian
Loyal
I will boycott SR since they have recruited many foreigners. Let foreigners pay for all these crap and Singaporeans must learn to save for retirements.

The keyword is boycott . Yeah let foreigners pay for all these crap .

The stupid care-taker government here is making us look like fools .

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This is meant to shut off the isle from the Peasants. FTrash won't be affected as the CCB PAPee Traitors will sponsor them to go in to grope the nehs nehs and CBs of bigini-clad SPGs.