• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

YouTuber

PenAndPaper

Alfrescian
Loyal
I always wonder what will happen when those YouTubers who are now in their 20s to early 30s grow old.

I mean at the end of the day, it's just another form of media channel. Audiences will be sick of watching the same old faces day after day, week after week, month after month and year after year. Even MediaCorp artistes become stale after a while.

Good content creation isn't easy. There are so much crappy stuff on YouTube nowadays. It's like I click on a video, watch for 30 seconds and click stop. Next. And Next. And Next. It's boring and getting stale. For example, the NOC now become Overkill Channel is so stale that I unsubscribe. It's trashy.

So, my question is : when these YouTubers go into their 40s 50s 60s, what else can they do? They spent their whole life creating lots of useless content.

Achievement? I don't know.

blackmondy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I always wonder what will happen when those YouTubers who are now in their 20s to early 30s grow old.

I mean at the end of the day, it's just another form of media channel. Audiences will be sick of watching the same old faces day after day, week after week, month after month and year after year. Even MediaCorp artistes become stale after a while.

Good content creation isn't easy. There are so much crappy stuff on YouTube nowadays. It's like I click on a video, watch for 30 seconds and click stop. Next. And Next. And Next. It's boring and getting stale. For example, the NOC now become Overkill Channel is so stale that I unsubscribe. It's trashy.

So, my question is : when these YouTubers go into their 40s 50s 60s, what else can they do? They spent their whole life creating lots of useless content.

Many YouTubers experienced burnout as subscribers expect them to update their channels regularly. The money may be good but it will eventually take a toll on their body and mind in no time. They are expected to work 24/7 with no vacation.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Many YouTubers experienced burnout as subscribers expect them to update their channels regularly. The money may be good but it will eventually take a toll on their body and mind in no time. They are expected to work 24/7 with no vacation.
3 girls 3 boys just throw chocolate fudge, blueberry pie and strawberry mousse at each other, and they garnered 1.69m views, mostly from parents who turned to that channel to amuse their kids. if they keep doing this for 6.9 years their parents can retire.

rodent2005

Alfrescian
Loyal

According to me, youtuber needs to make enough to retire or make sustainable recurrent income when they are still popular. Else should look for another job.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset

The principles of running any business youtube or otherwise is to make hay while the sun shines.

Netscape lasted but a few years before it was obliterated by IE but the founder took profit and literally sailed off into the sunset.

While not everyone can become a billionaire a reasonably successful youtuber should be able to accumulate at least $2 million over the life of their channel which can lead to a comfortable retirement when the money stops coming in.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_H._Clark

Netscape​

In February 1994, Clark sought out Marc Andreessen who had led the development of Mosaic, the first widely distributed and easy-to-use software for browsing the World Wide Web, while employed at the National Center for Supercomputing Applications (NCSA).[8] Clark and Andreessen founded Netscape, and developed the Netscape Navigator web browser. The founding of Netscape and its IPO in August 1995 launched the Internet boom on Wall Street during the mid-to-late 1990s. Clark's initial investment in Netscape was $4 million in 1994; he exited with $1.2 billion when Netscape was acquired by AOL in 1999.[9]

sbfuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal
Uncle think most successful youtubers are those vloggers who travel round the world for vlog. The lifespan of their vlog can stretch for many many years for doing this as their fans will not get tired of their face. They just want more and more the reason is that the experience is so real that literally we are travelling with them.
Uncle is also an active subscriber of a.few vlogger.

sbfuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal
Successful YouTubers have a team behind them. But they tend to give the impression they are a one-man-show.
Uncle think maybe they will hire editors or even cameraman with them.
Editing takes up alot time that once they are successful is better to outsource it.