• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

"You will repent"....Dr Koh style

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Confuseous

user-online.png
Alfrescian
<DL class=userstats><DT>Join Date <DD>Dec 2010 </DD><DT>Posts <DD>3,866 </DD></DL><DL class=user_rep></DL><FIELDSET class=repfieldset><LEGEND>My Reputation</LEGEND>Points: 503 / Power: 11
reputation_pos.png
reputation_pos.png
reputation_pos.png
reputation_pos.png
reputation_pos.png
reputation_highpos.png
</FIELDSET>
[h=2]
icon1.png
"You will repent"....Dr Koh style[/h]
TR Emeritus, 14 Jan 2014

During his “walkabout” at the Rivervale Plaza in Punggol East yesterday (13 Jan), Dr Koh Poh Koon, the PAP’s candidate for Punggol East SMC, told the media that he has identified day-to-day issues like cost of living and adequacy of infrastructure as among top concerns.

However, he said, “The residents have to be practical and realistic – that you must choose to vote the person who can do the work for you. I think it’s a fallacy to believe that you can have the best of both worlds – choose the person to make a statement but hope that the other person who’s voted out is going to be having all the resources, all the authority, to get the work done for you.”

In other words, he is telling the residents that they can’t expect PAP to get work done for them if they vote an opposition MP into Parliament.​

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
[h=2]Dr Koh: If you choose opposition, don’t hope that PAP will get work done for you[/h]
PostDateIcon.png
January 14th, 2013 |
PostAuthorIcon.png
Author: Editorial

kohpohkoon2.jpg
PAP's candidate, Koh Poh Koon

During his “walkabout” at the Rivervale Plaza in Punggol East yesterday (13 Jan), Dr Koh Poh Koon, the PAP’s candidate for Punggol East SMC, told the media that he has identified day-to-day issues like cost of living and adequacy of infrastructure as among top concerns.
However, he said, “The residents have to be practical and realistic – that you must choose to vote the person who can do the work for you. I think it’s a fallacy to believe that you can have the best of both worlds – choose the person to make a statement but hope that the other person who’s voted out is going to be having all the resources, all the authority, to get the work done for you.”
In other words, he is telling the residents that they can’t expect PAP to get work done for them if they vote an opposition MP into Parliament.
Technically, campaigning can only officially start on Nomination Day. However, Dr Koh has already started “walking about”, talking to the residents of Punggol East.
He also responded to criticisms that he is trying to gain public sympathy by talking about his growing up in a poor family and being poor in his earlier years.
In one of his poor anecdotes, he said, “I remember when I finally got my HDB flat in 1988, just after I ORD from the army, my wife and I had to borrow money from my uncle to do renovations. You’d be surprised to know that at the end of the thing, before we moved into our house, in the combined accounts of our banks, in the pockets together, we had $11.50.”
“We were scratching our heads thinking how to even have our first meal in the house when we had no money to buy chopsticks? We went down to Toyogo at Lorong 8 Toa Payoh and we had to count the number of pieces of chopsticks we can buy with $11.50 to equip our home.”
It’s not known what he ate for his first meal in his new flat, since after spending $11.50 for chopsticks, he had no money left to buy food.
In any case, responding to the criticisms of trying to gain public sympathy, Dr Koh said, “It is not about garnering sympathy votes. At the end of the day, if the residents feel that I am not the best person. Please do not give me any sympathy votes. I do not need sympathy. I have never been ashamed of my past. Not that it’s something that you need to be proud of – this is me.”
Dr Koh stressed that he is running his own race. He said he feels comfortable on his own without the presence of PAP heavyweights around.
He also clarified that other than his HDB flat, his family owns no property, including private property. However, he acknowledged owning two cars.
Join our TRE facebook page here: http://www.facebook.com/TREmeritus

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oh so now he's backtracking? didnt he say that he will be still there whether he's voted in or not?

Wah? So fast already gustan.! Mo kow lan chat yong!

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Oh so now he's backtracking? didnt he say that he will be still there whether he's voted in or not?

Wah? So fast already gustan.! Mo kow lan chat yong!

very jialat
second day of exposure
so much publicity
so much damage
jialat liao..
ah lian secretly smiling
ah zeng secretly praying
ah chee secretly hopping
lanlan like this BE!

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Bet you he is wearing his first pair of jeans, cheap ones at that.
See how new they are? Trying to be one of us, looking cool.

Travellor

Alfrescian
Loyal
He was probably told what to say or do ...like every good pappy dog. everything nicely planned and scripted with the riches waiting for them at the end of the race...

It doesnt matter which candidate they roll off their ranks of pap doggies, all of them must learn to bare their teeth, bark loud loud and sit quietly under the masters' feet when called...

in this case, the voters of PE please make sure this one goes back with his tail between his legs like the last one who steal-eat the mangoes from the PA tree... heeheeheehee