• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Worship in Things!?!

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal
How could things possibly give you peace and contentment in life?

They are just lifeless things. In no way a table or a chair could provide you peace and contentment in life.

A chair can provide you with some rest and some temporary relief after walking many great distances.

But can it provide you with eternal peace and joy?

Obviously no of course.

But why there are many who worship in things in Asia? You can see it in many shops in Asia, many people are willing to worship in things to get more things and they want to hold on to things without letting them go...lol..

Like idols, monies, cars, luxury clothes and bags etc....

jw5

Loyal
I was about to start a thread titled "possessions". Guess I won't now.
People these days value their lives and themselves based on the what they possess - houses, cars, furniture, clothes, accessories, jewellery, watches, electrical gadgets, etc.
On the other hand, I'm trying to get rid of more of my possessions as they collect dust, take up space, and add to the clutter, making cleaning difficult.

theblackhole

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
mr teekee sir

u return with idol worship once again

don't be lidat lah

u don't believe nevermind....i worship the earth, the sky, the sun, the moon and all things under heaven...and i think i'm quite at ease with everything....but u? u continue to blow things over and claim that you've found the right answer in the "right thing"...they're still forms lah....all forms are actually formless...you no believe pls ask mr letashar. he has reached enlightenment and eternal peace and nirvana. have you?

theblackhole

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
dun bull lah, if you have reached "nirvana", you wouldn't be here..right...:wink:

why not? this is the place to reach nirvana and achieve enlightenment...shit and dung is fertiliser for your brains to grow , mature and bear fruits. hallelujuah!

Neh_Neh_Pok

Alfrescian
Loyal
But why there are many who worship in things in Asia? You can see it in many shops in Asia, many people are willing to worship in things to get more things and they want to hold on to things without letting them go...lol..

It is the same just like you chrikukustians worsheep your "Goat" in church mah

Neh_Neh_Pok

Alfrescian
Loyal

jesus_christ.jpg

"Hey hey~ what about me? Although I'm not winner of the American or Singapore Idol, but alot of chrikukustians praise, sing, donate and worsheep to me you know? Why ah? Is it because of my sexy body? Hei hei hei hei.."

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal
why not? this is the place to reach nirvana and achieve enlightenment...shit and dung is fertiliser for your brains to grow , mature and bear fruits. hallelujuah!

LTS, surely if a person blanes is filled with toilets, shits and dungs, you should be more qualified for this title?

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal
mr teekee sir ,

this is for you...merry christmas

http://jp.youtube.com/watch?v=7Jr-2eyRtV4&feature=related

this one better lah..

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/7e3FX2EkOkI&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7e3FX2EkOkI&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

dominion

Alfrescian
Loyal
How could things possibly give you peace and contentment in life?

They are just lifeless things. In no way a table or a chair could provide you peace and contentment in life.

A chair can provide you with some rest and some temporary relief after walking many great distances.

But can it provide you with eternal peace and joy?

Obviously no of course.

wanting things means worshipping them meh?

u got c ppl kneel down in front of chair n pray "our beloved chair art in heaven, hallowed be thy wood" before?

we know we need/want money, car, clothes and bags... they cant last an eternity but we need to use them NOW... only you're under the self imposed illusion that you dont need them... try not possessing any material object, since that is what you advocate....

I'm all fine w evangelists and christians but please, you're talking bullshit... tarnishes the image of christians everywhere