• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Woman Protest Against DBS @ Raffles Pl

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE id=msgUN cellSpacing=3 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD id=msgUNsubj vAlign=top>Coffeeshop Chit Chat - Woman Protest Against DBS @ Raffles Pl</TD><TD id=msgunetc noWrap align=right>
icon.aspx
Subscribe </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE class=msgtable cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="96%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=msg vAlign=top><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgbfr1 width="1%"> </TD><TD><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgF noWrap align=right width="1%">From: </TD><TD class=msgFname noWrap width="68%">SGNEWSALTE <NOBR></NOBR> </TD><TD class=msgDate noWrap align=right width="30%">Dec-22 10:02 pm </TD></TR><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgT noWrap align=right width="1%" height=20>To: </TD><TD class=msgTname noWrap width="68%">ALL <NOBR></NOBR></TD><TD class=msgNum noWrap align=right> (1 of 16) </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgleft width="1%" rowSpan=4> </TD><TD class=wintiny noWrap align=right>4207.1 </TD></TR><TR><TD height=8></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgtxt>Bloody heartless GLC bank, they even cheat a woman suffering from cancer.
http://theonlinecitizen.com/2008/12/woman-protest-against-dbs-at-raffles-place/
Woman protests against DBS at Raffles Place

Tuesday, 23 December 2008, 11:07 am | 397 views

54-year-old cancer sufferer Lin Jin Jiao yesterday strapped a cardboard sign on herself and staged a protest against DBS Bank at Raffles Place during lunch hour. Lin had invested, and lost her retirement funds in the now-worthless DBS High Notes 5 (HN5) investment product. In her protest yesterday, she alleged that DBS Bank was guilty of mis-selling for investing her money in a high-risk venture (read the report here).

Click on picture to enlarge:
</TD></TR><TR><TD> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=msgleft width="1%"> </TD><TD class=msgopt noWrap width="24%"> Options</TD><TD class=msgrde noWrap align=middle width="50%"> Reply</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=msgtxt>Bloody Die Better Singaporeans ! They are supose to be Singaporean bank (POSB) and yet other foreign insitution treat us better. Typical high handed "elite" style of handling problems.
I think I will be closing my account with them soon and will never ever buy anything from them.
"During her interview with Zaobao, Ms Lin added that she had also invested in Lehman Minibonds with another investment firm. She claimed that the firm had started discussing compensation a week after one meeting with her.
She also said she had since signed an agreement with said investment company regarding the compensation amount and, therefore, could not give Zaobao further details.
She was very dissatisfied with DBS because the bank's letter to her had not explained why she would not be compensated."
Lone protestor's plea: 'Return my medical fee'
http://www.asiaone.com/Business/News/My%2BMoney/Story/A1Story20081223-109980.html
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=560 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD colSpan=3><!-- TITLE : end-->
</TD><TD><TABLE><TBODY><TR><TD colSpan=3 height=15>
blank.gif
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD><!-- Story With Image End --></TD><TD><TABLE><TBODY><TR><TD class=bodytext colSpan=3><!-- CONTENT : start -->Hobbling on clutches, 54-year-old Lin Jinjiao struck a lone note of protest at Raffles Place in Singapore's Central Business District during lunchtime yesterday.
A cancer patient, who underwent an operation to remove a tumour in August, she hung card boards torn from a paper carton around her neck.
Handwritten in English and Chinese, the card boards highlighted Ms Lin's plight after she invested in DBS High Notes 5.
Ms Lin told Lianhe Zaobao that she invested $50,000 in DBS High Notes 5 and other investment products.
However, with the global credit meltdown, she lost the principal sum she had invested.
She had protested to DBS and had three interviews with them. She was then told that the bank would not compensate her for her loss.
In the letter from DBS, she was also informed that if she did not accept the bank's decision, she could file a complaint with the Financial Industry Disputes Resolution Centre Ltd (FIDReC).
According to the FIDReC website, "to date, more than 380 financial institutions have subscribed to FIDReC and have agreed to submit to the jurisdiction of FIDReC in adjudicating complaints against them by consumers".
During her interview with Zaobao, Ms Lin added that she had also invested in Lehman Minibonds with another investment firm. She claimed that the firm had started discussing compensation a week after one meeting with her.
She also said she had since signed an agreement with said investment company regarding the compensation amount and, therefore, could not give Zaobao further details.
She was very dissatisfied with DBS because the bank's letter to her had not explained why she would not be compensated.
Ms Lin told the Chinese daily that she did not understand English, so when she called the FIDReC and found out that the resolution process and sessions would be conducted in English, she felt this was unfair to people like her.
Teary-eyed, she told Zaobao: "I know I'm making a fool of myself, but I hope that what I've done at Raffles Place will catch the public's attention and persuade them to give non-English speaking retirees like myself fair treatment."
However, the FIDReC told Zaobao that if any complainant could not understand English, the centre's staff would provide assistance. Its spokesperson also said that, at the arbitration stage, complainants could authorise a close friend or relation, who could speak and understand English, to help him or her.
Meeting with DBS staff
Ms Lin protested at Raffles Place for about an hour, drawing much attention from the lunch-time crowd.
After that, she headed towards the Royal Brothers Building, where a DBS branch was located.
A manager saw Ms Lin and invited her to the office to talk about her dissatisfaction. Ms Lin, however, said it was not convenient for her to move further into the premises and insisted on sitting in the main hall.
Finally, 45 minutes later, Ms Lin relented and followed a bank staff into the office.
In reply to Zaobao's query, DBS said the bank had already informed Ms Lin that it would re-assess her complaint and would inform her of the latest outcome by February next year.
DBS added that it could not reveal details about its compensation criteria as this could compromise the confidentiality of clients' investment details and the cases in process.
The spokesperson confirmed to Zaobao that work on the cases were progressing smoothly and that the bank was doing its best to complete the work by February next year.
About 1,400 have invested about $1.3 billion in High Notes 5.
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<HR SIZE=1>Edited 12/23/2008 4:35 am ET by Spearmint000 (Spearmint888)
<HR SIZE=1>Edited 12/23/2008 4:36 am ET by Spearmint000 (Spearmint888)</TD></TR><TR><TD> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

tun_dr_m

Alfrescian
Loyal
It proved something very important - as Singaporeans gets closer to dying and deeper into suffering they regain their LOST GUTS. Time ahead is rough in 2009 and the scale and level of these things are going to accent to higher and higher until Singapore is seen less UNIQUE and be more NORMAL - compared with other countries. :smile:

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It proved something very important - as Singaporeans gets closer to dying and deeper into suffering they regain their LOST GUTS. Time ahead is rough in 2009 and the scale and level of these things are going to accent to higher and higher until Singapore is seen less UNIQUE and be more NORMAL - compared with other countries. :smile:

She should throw her cluthes at...................:p

jw5

Loyal
This is nothing new.
Since the beginning of time, people who had less to lose always had more guts.
It's those clowns who think that they have a lot and will never die, who are cowards.

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
She make a great move like in the Chess game.
Sitting in the main hall with the poster. There nothing DBS can do about that.

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I really pity her predicament. She does not deserve to be in this state at all and DBS (pappy controlled bank) reflect the mentality of our leader.

Zeitgeist

Alfrescian
Loyal
I bet you the government is already studying this woman to see what makes her tick!
They are now scared shitless thinking of having to deal with ten thousand of her type if that's what the many Singaporeons who are rumbling volcanoes waiting to erupt will do the same!:mad:

popdod

Alfrescian
Loyal
If MM Lee saw her on the streets.....he will chided her off.

HE will tell her....
"You walk in with your eyes OPEN!"

Lucky that women didn't meet MM Lee.

:o :( :o

Patriot

Alfrescian
Loyal
That woman have guts to stand up to a GLC like DBS!!! :biggrin:

I take my hat off to her for not being cowed into submission & fighting for her right to a fair compensation. :smile:

DerekLeung

Alfrescian
Loyal
All you people out there you are not listening again !

PAP wants your money to be burned beyond value !

That is why prices of HDB is so high !

These "creative funds" is to relieve you of your funds !