• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Will We Hear Mari Kita at Olympics?

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore's Li Jia Wei hopes to win another Olympic medal

BEIJING, Aug. 20 (Xinhua) -- Singaporean table tennis player Li Jia Wei was set to win another Olympic medal as she was gearing up for more tough fights in the women's singles competition.

"Another medal is possible if I can bring my talent into full play," Li told Xinhua after beating Croatia's Tamara Boros 4-1 in the 1/16 round late Wednesday.

Li, who left her birthplace Beijing for Singapore at 15 in 1996, is currently ranked 6th in the world, only after five women from China's national team.

She lost to world number one Zhang Yining in the singles semifinals at the Athens Games.

"Of course, I hope to win another medal at the Beijing Olympics, but no match will be easy," she added.

Singaporean women finished second in the team event earlier this week. It was the first Olympic medal that the Southeast Asian city-state won in 48 years since a silver for men's weightlifting in 1960.

Li's coach Liu Guodong said, "Although winning a medal in the singles will be very difficult because of China, we will try our best."

"I must be fully prepared for possible difficulties in the following matches, and meanwhile I must take it easy and think more about tactics," Li said.

darknight

Alfrescian
Loyal
That is a question how how much the goverment are willing to spend to make ellite atheltic swap their nationalities to ours.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
the only sound we going to hear is "给我钱, 我想钱!!" from those FTs

From some oldie Chinese and English pop songs...

钱钱钱,老子有钱!
有钱怎麽样?
有钱买金牌!

Money money money, must be funny,
In Olympic world!
Money money money, always shiny,
Let's buy some gold!

ANDYSIAO14

Alfrescian
Loyal
Live now.....
Jiawei vs china no 1 :p
Jiawei winning 1st set 9-11... :eek:
if she win , another medal secured later tonight....
if not ,will play for 3rd/4th berth :biggrin: (MAYBE she can be the 1st sporean to win bronze lol :biggrin: )

Last edited:

jbsmith

Alfrescian
Loyal
Live now.....
Jiawei vs china no 1 :p
Jiawei winning 1st set 9-11... :eek:
if she win , another medal secured later tonight....
if not ,will play for 3rd/4th berth :biggrin: (MAYBE she can be the 1st sporean to win bronze lol :biggrin: )

1:1 now.

I support Zhang Yining. :biggrin:

Frankiestine

Alfrescian
Loyal
go china go....go china go...chi lai chi lai wo men chi lai...:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

monster also like to support china girls in particular china girls along GL...:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Last edited:

ANDYSIAO14

Alfrescian
Loyal
hahaha...45-50mins...thats all it takes for jiawei to go down :biggrin: :biggrin:
later tonight she play again...for 3rd/4th berth... :wink:

Frankiestine

Alfrescian
Loyal
marilah kita bersatu
dengan semangat yang tak malu
dengan kita bersatu
malulah singapoorlah
malulah singapoorlah..

zhong guo jia yu....chi lai chi lai wo men chi lai...:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

ANDYSIAO14

Alfrescian
Loyal
save our face too..FT getting for us the medal...booohooo
tongue_blockwhite.gif

malulah sinkapur :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
We saved some $$$ when she lost in the semis.Maybe we save some more tonite.

Microsoft

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
marilah kita bersatu
dengan semangat yang tak malu
dengan kita bersatu
malulah singapoorlah
malulah singapoorlah..

zhong guo jia yu....chi lai chi lai wo men chi lai...:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Bro... U play sala song lah... Shd b... Deng! Deng! Deng! Another one bite the dust! :biggrin::biggrin::p