• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Why hawkers always want to cheat me ?

ChinaCommunistSG

Alfrescian
Loyal
yesterday night I tried to order a big clay pot rice for 24 dollars. However the hawker persuaded me to order 4 small clay pot rice for the price of 8 dollars each which means I have to pay 8*4 = 32 dollars which is more expensive. I quickly ran and refused to talk to the hawker.

The other day, I bought 2 mango for $5 and I gave $10 note. However the hawker returned me $1 change.

Luckily in both incident, I was alert and they failed to cheat me.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
yesterday night I tried to order a big clay pot rice for 24 dollars. However the hawker persuaded me to order 4 small clay pot rice for the price of 8 dollars each which means I have to pay 8*4 = 32 dollars which is more expensive. I quickly ran and refused to talk to the hawker.

The other day, I bought 2 mango for $5 and I gave $10 note. However the hawker returned me $1 change.

Times are hard. Many hawkers have to think outside the box to make more money. :wink:

Price hike, quality decrease, quantity decrease, diluted beverages, charging you for takeaway stuff, solo effort at the stall (longer waiting times) etc. :biggrin:

Hope you are enjoying the UNESCO-recognized Sinkie hawker culture. Ooh, such a big deal indeed. :roflmao:

VredKFr.jpg

ChinaCommunistSG

Alfrescian
Loyal
Having said that, sometimes Hawkers also sell good and cheap fruits. 我买了两粒鳄梨果, 大大粒, 很美,很新鲜,小贩才算我 $5

k1976

Alfrescian
Loyal

Tiqgong there is one type of hawkers who sell atas pigeon holes, every-day got long long queue De woh