• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Who will win 2010 World Cup?

shOUTloud

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why not Spain? They are the most talented team this round. The only thing going for Brazil is that they are the only team to have won the World Cup outside their continent. The Spanish team might find the African climate hard to handle.

herman_chemin

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why not Spain? They are the most talented team this round. The only thing going for Brazil is that they are the only team to have won the World Cup outside their continent. The Spanish team might find the African climate hard to handle.

Yes Spain has an undeniably strong and talented team and I don't doubt that. But historically they are underperfomer when comes to the World Cup. They might perform well this year perhaps but I still bet Brazil will win for their consistency though I hope France will pip them.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Quarter-Finals:

Uruguay v. Argentina
England v. Germany
Holland v. Italy
Brazil v. Spain

Semi-Finals:

Argentina v. England
Italy v. Spain

Final:

England v. Italy

England wins and Italian mafia puts out contract on Fabio Capello's head. He dares not ever set foot on Italian soil again, is granted British citizenship and knighted.

alvin36

Alfrescian
Loyal
AS I have predicted in another thread, Argentina to win World Cup 2010, if not I chop.

argentina is my fav team... my heart will go for argentina, but my head tells me that argentina cannot go beyond Q-finals... because of :

1. maradona is not a good tactical coach
2. they dont play as a team, they are also too unbalanced. top heavy with too many players with attacking mindset, and they cannot defend.
3. supplies to messi will be limited. unless they can fine-tune them to play like barcelona, where they pass the ball around, until they see a loop-hole in opponent.

I think a few teams can win the world cup....

brazil - they have played as a team for past few years.
spain - too.. they have played very well as a team
italy - they are always hard to beat
england - they have a chance because of the carpello factor

these teams cannot win it...
germany - because michael ballack is not there
holland - best hope is semi-f
argentina - for reasons above.

aurvandil

Alfrescian
Loyal
Quarter-Finals:

Uruguay v. Argentina
England v. Germany
Holland v. Italy
Brazil v. Spain

Semi-Finals:

Argentina v. England
Italy v. Spain

Final:

England v. Italy

England wins and Italian mafia puts out contract on Fabio Capello's head. He dares not ever set foot on Italian soil again, is granted British citizenship and knighted.

Based on the bookmakers, the 3 teams most likely to make it to the finals are

1) Spain
2) Brazil
3) England

The odds beyond the third placing appear to vary widely from bookie to bookie. This is fairly typical as there is still a lot that is unknown about the other teams.

Here it should be noted that the odds for this kind of bet essentially makes it a sucker's bet. The over-round for this type of bet typically is between 10% to 15%.

Also, this type of bet is very information sensitive. Unlike insider trading in shares, we don't have strict laws about exploitation of information that is not widely circulated. Hence typically you can see wide movements in the odds in even when there is no apparent news about the team.

jw5

Loyal
Spain are the favourites in my opinion, they are strong in all departments.
Other possibilities are Brazil, England, Argentina and Germany.
Brazil and England are weak in defence.
Argentina's weakness is their coach, I can't believe that Zanetti and Cambiasso, possibly 2 of the best players in their positions in Europe and also champions league winners, are not even in the squad. Not only he is poor tactically, he is also petty and prone to taking things personally.
Germany will miss Ballack, but they are strong in teamwork and when the chips are against them. Their matches will be boring though.
Italy and Holland don't appear to have a lot of quality and game breakers in their squads.

alvin36

Alfrescian
Loyal
Spain are the favourites in my opinion, they are strong in all departments.
Other possibilities are Brazil, England, Argentina and Germany.
Brazil and England are weak in defence.
Argentina's weakness is their coach, I can't believe that Zanetti and Cambiasso, possibly 2 of the best players in their positions in Europe and also champions league winners, are not even in the squad. Not only he is poor tactically, he is also petty and prone to taking things personally.
Germany will miss Ballack, but they are strong in teamwork and when the chips are against them. Their matches will be boring though.
Italy and Holland don't appear to have a lot of quality and game breakers in their squads.

yes.. i agree ... Zanetti and Cambiasso are world class players. Any team in the world will bring them to south africa.

Zanetti is the best right back in argentina, and Cambiasso should be a backup to mascherano and veron.

It is unbelievable that these 2 players are not in the squad.

The "old horse" is really crazy.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
yes.. i agree ... Zanetti and Cambiasso are world class players. Any team in the world will bring them to south africa.

Zanetti is the best right back in argentina, and Cambiasso should be a backup to mascherano and veron.

It is unbelievable that these 2 players are not in the squad.

The "old horse" is really crazy.

What's he smoking again nowadays? Do FIFA have dope tests for managers?

hairylee

Alfrescian
Loyal
One of these countries will win -

Brazil, Italy, Germany, France
These are the countries with experience to enter the finals. Argentina is good but has a lousy coach. England has too many indian chiefs. Spain is good but no experience to last till the final. Africans do not have the mental power and endurance to last till the finals.

jw5

Loyal
One of these countries will win -

Brazil, Italy, Germany, France
These are the countries with experience to enter the finals. Argentina is good but has a lousy coach. England has too many indian chiefs. Spain is good but no experience to last till the final. Africans do not have the mental power and endurance to last till the finals.
Spain were the champions of euro 2008 with most of the team still intact, more experienced, yet still young.
They are not short on experience.

Maximilian Chua-Heng

Alfrescian
Loyal
The art of soccer betting is never to bet against the House (the bookies).

Europe will not win this WC. That leaves the S American and African teams.

Brazil is too hot a favourite so that leaves us with Argentina.

I won't be surprised if an African team nicks it, or the very least makes it to the Final.

saratogas

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sing Pools odds suggest that there are 3 favours.
1) Brazil
2) Spain
3) Argentina

All three at $4.50 to win the World Cup.

aurvandil

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sing Pools odds suggest that there are 3 favours.
1) Brazil
2) Spain
3) Argentina

All three at $4.50 to win the World Cup.

Singapore Pools is probably the last place you want to go for odds. These are seriously sucker odds to take advantage of the kopi shop uncles.

Talking Donkey

Alfrescian (S)
On analysis of these teams after the naming of their squad this is my choice.

1.HOLLAND..they are the dark horse in these tournament,most of their players play mainly all the top clubs in europe..van der hart,sneijder,robben,persie and dinkuyt are all in form playing very well at the moment,they are strong in mildfield and counter attack only their defence is questionable but they are more likely to meet BRAZIL in the quarter final.

2.ENGLAND..this is one of the strongest england squad seen in years,the likes of terry,lampard,gerrard and rooney is fantastic and expect these youngster to shine,lennon,walcott,huddlestone and milner,only setback is always their clumsy goalkeeper and abit worrying is rio ferdinand who may be outpace by a young striker in a 50m sprint(rememember the way bellamy outpace him in the epl)

3.BRAZIL..a young squad with ful of talent who won the 2009 conferderation cup on this soil same time last year and a rich history and pedigree on their side.

4.ARGENTINA..another south american team with a rich history on their side,a team that also can adept to any weather condition and always wake up in the knock out stage.

Good Luck to every football fans in their betting in the 2010 WORLD CUP.