• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Who was the woman in red laughing her head off when Irene Yap pleaded?

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Don’t get me wrong, I am not talking about physical features. I am talking about ugliness within as opposed to inner beauty. The cries of Irene Yap in a public forum must have touched many hearts. Many could feel her anguish and cry with her. How could a society allow a 76 year old lady to go begging the govt for the return of her life time savings? And how could people think that her plea was annoying, and even suggesting that she was mad?

Where is the human milk of kindness? Oh, there is a kindness movement promoted by the govt and the grassroot leaders are supposed to spread this kindness message among the people. In the case of Irene Yap in the public forum, I must say that kindness and empathy for the unfortunate were totally absent. It looked more like a farce for people to get agitated by an old lady begging, not for charity, but for the return of her own money. Can people be so vile and contemptuous?

Irene Yap’s case has been turned into a tragi- comedy. The tragic part is obvious. And it gets worse when people could not empathise with her plight. How can anyone be annoyed with an old lady pleading for her money? And how could anyone think the whole episode was a comedy? If you look at the candid video clip, you cannot fail to notice a woman in red, literally ‘chio kah peng’. In hokien this can be translated into ‘laughing until falling off the chair’. Yes, a woman, supposedly a grassroot leader I think, was having a good laugh while Irene Yap was nearly in tears.

This woman in red laughed until her whole body fell forward with her head nearly hitting the ground. It was a boisterous and spontaneous uncontrolled laughter. What could have caused her to be so hilarious? The pathetic plea of an old lady they thought was mad and talking nonsense? Or was it something that her neighbour, another grassroot leader sitting beside her, said about Irene Yap?

Where is the empathy? The display of intolerance and impatience to the old lady was shameful. Really. Unfortunately, Irene Yap is now a celebrity for the wrong reason. Perhaps Roy Ngerng and Han Hui Hui could invite her to Hong Lim on 12 July to make her plea once again in public. The crowd in Hong Lim would definitely share her grief and feel sorry for her. There will also be another kind of crowd that may go there for a good laugh, like the woman in red. ‘Chio kah peng!’. Now where are William Wan and his movement of kind people? No kind people? No one think it right to admonish the two women like they scolded Sinkies for being xenophobic or rude to foreigners.

http://mysingaporenews.blogspot.sg/...ign=Feed:+MySingaporeNews+(My+Singapore+News)

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Don’t get me wrong, I am not talking about physical features. I am talking about ugliness within as opposed to inner beauty. The cries of Irene Yap in a public forum must have touched many hearts. Many could feel her anguish and cry with her. How could a society allow a 76 year old lady to go begging the govt for the return of her life time savings? And how could people think that her plea was annoying, and even suggesting that she was mad?

Irene Yap is a nutcase. She lives in multi million dollar property with all the creature comforts in the world and yet she goes to public forum and puts on a show to give people the impression that she's destitute and starving because the government won't allow her to reverse a decision she made herself.

She loves LKY and she made a conscious choice to put her CPF money in the safest place of all. Now she suddenly wants it back and the rest of us are supposed to feel sorry for her? :rolleyes:

What surprises me the most is that only a handful found her pleas to be ridiculous. The whole hall should have been rocking with mirth.