• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

which Religion encourage you to seek knowledge? encourage self help???

brocoli

Alfrescian
Loyal
Seeking knowledge is seen by some Theistic Satanists as important to Satan, due to his being equated with the Serpent in Genesis encouraging mankind to partake of the fruit of the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil.[33] Some perceive Satan as Baphomet, a hermaphroditic bestower of knowledge (gnosis). Satanic groups, such as Luciferians, also seek to gain greater gnosis;[3] these Satanists view Yahweh as the demiurge and Satan as the transcendent being beyond.[3]

Self-development is important to Theistic Satanists. This is due to the Satanists' view of Satan, who is seen to encourage individuality and freedom of thought, and the quest to raise one's self up despite resistance, through means such as magic and initiative. They believe Satan wants a more equal relationship with his followers than the Christian God does with his. From a Theistic Satanist perspective, Christianity does not define “good” or “evil” in terms of benefit or harm to humanity, but rather on the submission to or rebellion against God.[34] Some Satanists seek to remove any means by which they are controlled or repressed by others and follow the herd, and reject non-governmental authoritarianism.[35]

Toronto

Alfrescian
Loyal
The English philosopher John Stuart Mill (1806-1873) also considered the problem of "good"(right) and "evil"(wrong):

In everyday life I know what to call right and wrong, because I can plainly see its rightness or wrongness. Now if a good god requires that what I ordinarily call wrong in human behaviour I must call right because he does it; or that what I ordinarily call wrong I must call right because he so calls it, even though I do not see the point of it; and if by refusing to do so, he can sentence me to hell, to hell I will gladly go.

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
all religions are about you NOT finding the truth but just blind faith...................maybe Jainism and Sikhism may be different, especially Jainism.............

but the one that tells its followers to keep thinking and analyzing..............and explains the true nature of reality in a way that you can understand................is Buddhism...............

Buddhism is trying to tell people not only are there no such things as religions....................there's also no such thing as Buddhism...........

Buddhism is the only one that modern science doesn't clash with..................

zeebjii

Alfrescian
Loyal
Buddhism is the only one that modern science doesn't clash with..................

Everyone likes to think that his religion is the best.

"My __________ is not a religion, it's a way of life!!"

For you, insert buddhism. For others it islam, christianity, taoism, judaism and what have you.

Same goes for you.

Karma and rebirth are 100 percent against modern (or ancient or any) science.

Toronto

Alfrescian
Loyal
If human morality was christian god-given, we might expect different human societies to share the same moral codes. In actual fact, they do not!

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Everyone likes to think that his religion is the best.

"My __________ is not a religion, it's a way of life!!"

For you, insert buddhism. For others it islam, christianity, taoism, judaism and what have you.

Same goes for you.

Karma and rebirth are 100 percent against modern (or ancient or any) science.

Allah-mak...............read properly.................Buddhism telling people that there's no such thing as Buddhism..........

that's why people from other religions also say Buddhism makes the most sense...................and science supporting Buddhism while disproving other religions..............

the '' No-Self Concept '' already proves all religions to be man-made..................no one has ever been able to show the concept to be wrong................even psychologists are saying the concept helps them to better understand mental patients..............

crazy people or schizos are best proof there's no such thing as a permanent soul (preached by every religion)............if people have a permanent identity, how to go mad ?

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
all religions are about you NOT finding the truth but just blind faith...................maybe Jainism and Sikhism may be different, especially Jainism.............

but the one that tells its followers to keep thinking and analyzing..............and explains the true nature of reality in a way that you can understand................is Buddhism...............

Buddhism is trying to tell people not only are there no such things as religions....................there's also no such thing as Buddhism...........

Another good example of my religion is better then yours :wink:

zeebjii

Alfrescian
Loyal
Allah-mak...............read properly.................Buddhism telling people that there's no such thing as Buddhism..........

that's why people from other religions also say Buddhism makes the most sense...................and science supporting Buddhism while disproving other religions..............

the '' No-Self Concept '' already proves all religions to be man-made..................no one has ever been able to show the concept to be wrong................even psychologists are saying the concept helps them to better understand mental patients..............

crazy people or schizos are best proof there's no such thing as a permanent soul (preached by every religion)............if people have a permanent identity, how to go mad ?

See, you already proved what i say is right. Christians will also say that there's no such a religion called christianity. They say it's a personal relationship they have with god/jesus.

And no sane people from other religions will say buddhism makes most sense, especially deep believers of their religions. Your own religion will always be the one that makes the most sense. The rest are nonsense!

You are starting to use weird logic sued by christians. I have no interest in WTF 'no-self concept", but it's your duty to prove your funny religious concepts exist, not for us to disprove it!

But you are right about one thing though, all religions are man made, including buddhism.

What is religion? From wiki:

Religion is an organized collection of belief systems, cultural systems, and world views that relate humanity to spirituality and, sometimes, to moral values.[note 1] Many religions have narratives, symbols, traditions and sacred histories that are intended to give meaning to life or to explain the origin of life or the Universe. They tend to derive morality, ethics, religious laws or a preferred lifestyle from their ideas about the cosmos and human nature. According to some estimates, there are roughly 4,200 religions in the world.

Many religions may have organized behaviors, clergy, a definition of what constitutes adherence or membership, holy places, and scriptures. The practice of a religion may also include rituals, sermons, commemoration or veneration of a deity, gods or goddesses, sacrifices, festivals, feasts, trance, initiations, funerary services, matrimonial services, meditation, prayer, music, art, dance, public service or other aspects of human culture. Religions may also contain mythology.[2]

See the points i highlight in blue. Now you tell me, is budddism a religion or not? And it's one of 4200??!! 4200!! WTF?!!!:biggrin:

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
See, you already proved what i say is right. Christians will also say that there's no such a religion called christianity. They say it's a personal relationship they have with god/jesus.

And no sane people from other religions will say buddhism makes most sense, especially deep believers of their religions. Your own religion will always be the one that makes the most sense. The rest are nonsense!

You are starting to use weird logic sued by christians. I have no interest in WTF 'no-self concept", but it's your duty to prove your funny religious concepts exist, not for us to disprove it!

But you are right about one thing though, all religions are man made, including buddhism.

What is religion? From wiki:

Religion is an organized collection of belief systems, cultural systems, and world views that relate humanity to spirituality and, sometimes, to moral values.[note 1] Many religions have narratives, symbols, traditions and sacred histories that are intended to give meaning to life or to explain the origin of life or the Universe. They tend to derive morality, ethics, religious laws or a preferred lifestyle from their ideas about the cosmos and human nature. According to some estimates, there are roughly 4,200 religions in the world.

Many religions may have organized behaviors, clergy, a definition of what constitutes adherence or membership, holy places, and scriptures. The practice of a religion may also include rituals, sermons, commemoration or veneration of a deity, gods or goddesses, sacrifices, festivals, feasts, trance, initiations, funerary services, matrimonial services, meditation, prayer, music, art, dance, public service or other aspects of human culture. Religions may also contain mythology.[2]

See the points i highlight in blue. Now you tell me, is budddism a religion or not? And it's one of 4200??!! 4200!! WTF?!!!:biggrin:

Good post just upz u for your knowledge and wisdom :wink:

Toronto

Alfrescian
Loyal
zeebjii,
Further add-ons to the perspective you bring in.

Once upon a time in ancient the middle-east...

The Sumerian civilization was one of the first in the world (as far as we know) - certainly one of the first in the Middle East.

Sumer had people farming the lands at least as far back as 6600 BCE.
The earliest records we have of Sumerian religion date back to about 4000 BCE.
They were a polytheistic people.

When did man become man?
When he could tell stories.

The earliest humans recognized their many vulnerabilities and were keenly aware of their own mortality.
They did not have fur to protect them from the elements.
They did not have razor sharp claws and fangs to fight off predators.
They were not terribly fast runners.
They could not see very well in the dark.
They could not swim long distances.

Humans had two saving graces on which to depend for survival: intellect and community; aside from that, they were weak and knew it.
Everywhere humans looked, there was something more powerful than they were.
These more powerful things held sway over their lives, and as a result, over their collective psyche.
People fear what is more powerful than them.
They also respect what is more powerful than them.
People began to anthropomorphise the forces of nature and animals and tell stories about them.
They began to pray to what was more powerful than them.
They began to develop Gods - God to fear - Gods to worship - Gods to respect - Gods to beg for food and rain - Gods to blame for drought and pestilence.
Man was at the mercy of the Gods for everything, including whether or not there would be food for him to eat.
Man learning to plant and harvest crops, farm animals and use the river to irrigate fields gave him the ability to stop migrating to follow food.

There was still draught, disease and other problems to face, but man was becoming more powerful, and learned how to deal with these problems as a community.
He was no longer at complete mercy of the whims of the Gods.

Adam and Eve was the Sumerian story of how man grasped the gauntlet of self-determination and took power from the Gods to control his own life.

Abraham was Sumerian.

The creation story from the Torah closely parallels and is likely based on the Sumerian Creation story.

Toronto

Alfrescian
Loyal
47655_10151345713770155_1060673140_n.jpg