• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Way to Go Nicole Seah!

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE class=forumline border=0 cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=row1 vAlign=top width=150 align=left>TopSage

</TD><TD class=row1 height=28 vAlign=top width="100%"><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD width="100%"> Posted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:53 am Post subject: MUST READ : Why Nicole Seah the real Gen-Y Representative</TD><TD vAlign=top noWrap> </TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=2><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=2>"I'm brought up in a culture that questions the status quo!" - Nicole Seah.

"If feel there are people treated unfairly, if I feel there has been an unfair distribution of resources, I want to step in there, be there and be the doer" - Nicole Seah.

When Nicole Seah worked a volunteer delivering food to the old, she found an old lady with a roof over her head but unable to afford food. She provided food to the old lady but asked herself this question - "How will she feed herself tomorrow and in the coming days" . This question led her to ask herself deeper questions surrounding the policies of the PAP govt.

However, if the same question was asked of PM Lee Hsien Loong, Tin Pei Ling or Vivian Bala, they will say "Just ask the old lady to sell her home, and use the money to feed herself" - the PAP has said the income gap is not the responsibility of the govt and Lee Hsien Loong when asked during a forum on how to resolve the retirement problem said that people can go and sell their homes to have money for retirement. That is the status quo that Nicole Seah stands up to fight against. How can it be that Singaporeans, especially the poor ones, spend their whole lives working to pay for their homes only to lose it at the end? This is an injustice designed in the system - CPF money sucked by expensive land sales for HDB flats that eventually ended up in the GIC.

Nicole Seah is my Gen-Y rep. She echoes the sentiment of my generation- a generation that refuse to accept injustice and unfairness in PAP policies. We are not daft. We have awoken to what the PAP has done and what our future will look like if we do nothing. We want to be represented by agents of change such as Nicole Seah.

WAY TO GO NICOLE SEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by TopSage on Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:38 am; edited 1 time in total</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE class=forumline border=0 cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=row2 vAlign=top width=150 align=left>阿旺

</TD><TD class=row2 height=28 vAlign=top width="100%"><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD width="100%"> Posted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:02 am Post subject: </TD><TD vAlign=top noWrap> </TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=2><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=2>Nicole's take on healthcare affordability in SG.
The question about whether healthcare is affordable in S'pore has been directed at me quite a few times. I will address that.
Whether healthcare is affordable really depends on which group of people you are asking. The reality of the situation is that people who are less well-off or people who belong to the lower-income group will have a problem managing healthcare costs.
Think about it this way: If someone is hospitalised for an extended period of time, yes sure, they might be able to pay off the medical bills or barely make the payment.
But this will also mean that there will be no income coming in for the person who is hospitalised, and this person might also be the sole breadwinner.
So, what happens in such situations?
The way healthcare is structured in this country, as with many other policies, is dependent on family ties, which is often viewed as the first and last line of support. But once you find yourself lacking in this network, by will or by circumstances, you are going to face a serious problem.
Isn't this where the state or government can step in? Isn't this when affordability is an issue?
And the next question will be: "How does the state deal with these costs?"
Well, how does the state deal with rising defence spending? How does the state afford public infrastructure? How did the Integrated Resorts come about?
How? Through political will, a strong mandate and re-prioritising the allocation of resources, that's how.
This question of affordability of health care is rather similar to the question about whether education is affordable in S'pore.
It is really a matter of who you ask and whether there is more that can be done for those who need it badly.
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>