• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

vehicle hits pillar - food kiosks at changi T2 closed

wendychan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
anyone saw this in yesterdays (14 feb 2014) ST?

the min i read it, what struck me was it has been a long time when i read about some accident where the NATIONALITY of the person has been reveladed SO FAST

http://www.straitstimes.com/the-big...ks-changis-t2-closed-after-vehicle-hits-pilla

Six food kiosks at Changi's T2 closed after vehicle hits pillar

It is believed that the driver is a Singaporean and working for SIA Engineering. He has been treated for minor injuries following the first such incident at Chang

sadshishamo

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This is occurring more and more these days and one of the causes is the usual cost cutting measures to maximise profits. In the good old days there were enough pushback vehicles or towtugs to easily handle aircraft departures.

These days however with the increase in the volume of traffic departures , and the attendant pushback delays there are barely enough towtugs to go around.
Poor engineering planning also contributes to this problem, eg an aircraft is pushed back from the Southern end of the airport and on completion of this pushback the driver may have to rush to the Northern part of the ramp to pushback another aircraft . Rush is the keyword as these days KPIs are very important to every department in every airline.

Rushing always exposes yourself to errors ( mistakes made by yourself ) and when this is aggravated by threats ( eg congested ramps...slippery ground )
incidents like this can happen at any airport....and anywhere else for that matter.

Cerebral

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
anyone saw this in yesterdays (14 feb 2014) ST?

the min i read it, what struck me was it has been a long time when i read about some accident where the NATIONALITY of the person has been reveladed SO FAST

http://www.straitstimes.com/the-big-story/asia-report/singapore/story/six-food-kiosks-changis-t2-closed-after-vehicle-hits-pilla

Six food kiosks at Changi's T2 closed after vehicle hits pillar

It is believed that the driver is a Singaporean and working for SIA Engineering. He has been treated for minor injuries following the first such incident at Chang

They always release nationality when its Singaporean. They don't when its a foreigner.

exobay

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is occurring more and more these days and one of the causes is the usual cost cutting measures to maximise profits. In the good old days there were enough pushback vehicles or towtugs to easily handle aircraft departures.

These days however with the increase in the volume of traffic departures , and the attendant pushback delays there are barely enough towtugs to go around.
Poor engineering planning also contributes to this problem, eg an aircraft is pushed back from the Southern end of the airport and on completion of this pushback the driver may have to rush to the Northern part of the ramp to pushback another aircraft . Rush is the keyword as these days KPIs are very important to every department in every airline.

Rushing always exposes yourself to errors ( mistakes made by yourself ) and when this is aggravated by threats ( eg congested ramps...slippery ground )
incidents like this can happen at any airport....and anywhere else for that matter.

I noted that many ground support vehicles were practically speeding and did wonder how they managed to avoid each other and the various trailers, towbars, baggage trailers, carts, trolleys etc. The aircraft parking bays are very congested during peak periods.

SgGoneWrong

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
They always release nationality when its Singaporean. They don't when its a foreigner.

Can anyone think of another government that is always so quick to point its finger at its people when things go wrong? I can't.

Last edited:

sadshishamo

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yes bro....as a matter of fact these apron drivers are quite skilled at avoiding one another. These days with the congestion there are getting to be more and more traffic lights at the various junctions of the ramp and service roads. Remember the days when there used to be none.

I noted that many ground support vehicles were practically speeding and did wonder how they managed to avoid each other and the various trailers, towbars, baggage trailers, carts, trolleys etc. The aircraft parking bays are very congested during peak periods.

wendychan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Wendy, I thought u boh Lui, how come can buy InfP?

this going to be used against me in court?????????????????????????????
ask the boss, i paid for it ions ago
this sort of thing also want to nit pick FOOk FOOk FOOk

pls come and extract every pound of flesh with some concrete proof

Last edited: