• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Useless cunt Jo Teo talks about OCBC scams like some expert.

Cottonmouth

Alfrescian
Loyal
e5d1f780-8e30-11ec-af7a-cfbb158e4c59

SINGAPORE — All major retail banks in Singapore will be required to register their alphanumeric identifications onto the new SMS sender ID protection registry, in the wake of the recent OCBC Bank SMS phishing scam.

Josephine Teo, Minister for Communication and Information, told Parliament during her ministerial statement on Tuesday (15 February) that alphanumerical IDs – which allow legitimate businesses to make themselves more easily known to customers allowing them to receive an SMS from a named entity instead of a string of numbers – were used by scammers to enter the message thread between the legitimate business senders and their customers, as it was the OCBC scam case.

"This alphanumeric ID is not automatically protected as part of the SMS protocol,” she said.

"An organisation can register the alphanumeric ID that they use, thus reducing the risk of an illegitimate sender spoofing the same alphanumeric ID, and having the message appear within the same message thread."

Besides all major retail banks, Teo said that all government agencies will also commit to likewise register their alphanumeric IDs onto the protection registry.

In addition, the Infocomm Media Development Authority (IMDA) will require SMS service providers and telcos to check SMS senders against the registry. This means that SMSes that try to spoof registered IDs will not be delivered, as the sender details would not match registry records.

Teo said that all organisations that want to send SMSes to phone subscribers in Singapore must also have a valid Unique Entity Number to help police with investigations in the event of a scam.

“To further close these gaps, we will consider requiring all users of alphanumeric IDs to be registered,” she added. “Scammers will then not be able to send SMS using alphanumeric IDs except by joining the registry.”

Telcos to boost analytics to block suspect spam calls​

In the OCBC phishing case, which started amid the year-end festive period last year, a total of S$13.7 million was lost in scams involving SMSes impersonating OCBC Bank, and affected 790 customers.

Victims received unsolicited SMSes claiming that their OCBC bank accounts had issues and needed to be resolved by clicking on a link. The link, however, redirected the victims to fake bank websites that required them to key in log-in details that eventually resulted in unauthorised account transactions.

Teo said in her ministerial statement that, while blocking scam websites is part of upstream measures to disrupt scammers’ plans, scam calls and SMSes employ “social engineering” techniques to cause fear and panic among victims to lead them to the fake websites.

She added that IMDA and the police have blocked about 500 suspected scam websites in 2020, before casting the net more widely in 2021 to block 12,000 such websites.

In addition, telcos block around 15 million suspicious incoming overseas calls each month, or one in seven of all incoming overseas calls. The number of scam calls is expected to rise, given that scammers are changing tactics to increase their reach.

"Our telcos plan to incorporate additional analytics to block more of these suspected scam calls. We estimate that up to 55 million calls will be blocked each month," Teo said.

Cottonmouth

Alfrescian
Loyal
This fucking cunt is only capable of giving a speech on someone else's summary.
What the fuck can she do about it?
I hope she gets gangraped until pregnant and they rip out her tongue.

bobby

Alfrescian
Loyal
How about making all SMSs from banks to go through her Ministry to check, verify and vet before releasing to the bank account holders....

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Both Fucking Useless, fuck both their mother's cheebyes.
You cantonese prostitute descendant criminal liar bastard bully glockman and clones Jeremy Quek are so despicable dishonest dishonorable didn’t follow agreement to stop insulting me and busted your own lies in this 5.5 months and just continue to bust your own lies everyday - with so much cantonese pride - that you attack me because I attack you. Pui!

As per usual you are what your fellow musashi clone accused me to be “hypocritical” and “malicious” and use “Obvious lies and nonsense” when the obvious truth is I was just fighting back terrorists gang up attacks and you glockman using various clones are the terrorist attacker since day one viciously me a virgin a slut whore mistress. Pui!

And you Cantonese scammer are so shameless and despicable busted to be using clones to attack me first already just deny act innocent and turn around to accuse me the attacker. Pui!

And while viciously bullying me using malicious obvious lies and nonsense ganging up with fellow cantonese prostitute descendant sweetiepie and nightsafari aka strawberry and ah Meng etc you think you can just act like you are a good person can act innocent start threads or reply in other people threads act victim of Ntuc or pap bullying you. That’s how despicable and shameless you Cantonese scammer prostitute descendant are. Pui!