• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

USA can talkcock of PRC mining accidents? watch this!

minibond

Alfrescian
Loyal
1962 US mine fire still burning today below a town! Fire that is older than my age!

http://news.yahoo.com/nphotos/1962-...ll-burns-Pa-town/ss/events/us/020510centralia

FILE - In this April, 1981, file photo, U.S. Bureau of Mines' ...
AP
Fri Feb 5, 6:05 AM ET
Prev 1 of 10 Next

FILE - In this April, 1981, file photo, U.S. Bureau of Mines' John Stockalis, right, and Dan Lewis drop a thermometer through a hole on Main Street in Centralia, Pa., to measure the heat from a shaft mine blaze that burns under the town. After years of delay, state officials are trying to finish their demolition work in Centralia, a borough in the mountains of northeastern Pennsylvania that all but ceased to exist in the 1980s after a mine fire spread beneath homes and businesses.
(AP Photo/Paul Vathis, File)
Photo Tools

* Email
* IM
* Print
* Purchase
* Cart

FILE - In this Jan. 26, 1983, file photo, smoke rises from the ...
AP
Fri Feb 5, 6:05 AM ET
Prev 2 of 10 Next

FILE - In this Jan. 26, 1983, file photo, smoke rises from the ground in Centralia, Pa., where and uncontrolled underground mine fire rages. After years of delay, state officials are trying to finish their demolition work in Centralia, a borough in the mountains of northeastern Pennsylvania that all but ceased to exist in the 1980s after a mine fire spread beneath homes and businesses.
(AP Photo/Rusty Kennedy, File)
Photo Tools

* Email
* IM
* Print
* Purchase
* Cart

In this Wednesday, Jan. 13, 2010, photo, retired Centralia Postmaster ...
AP
Fri Feb 5, 6:04 AM ET
Prev 3 of 10 Next

In this Wednesday, Jan. 13, 2010, photo, retired Centralia Postmaster Tom Dempsey is photographed with in an empty Centralia, Pa., as steam rises from the ground behind him. The steam is caused by a fire that burns underground. The fire began in 1962 at the town dump and ignited an exposed coal vein, eventually forcing an exodus of more than 1,000 people, nearly the entire population of this mountain town. Almost every house was demolished. After years of delay, state officials are trying to finish their demolition work in Centralia, a borough in the mountains of northeastern Pennsylvania that all but ceased to exist in the 1980s after a mine fire spread beneath homes and businesses.
(AP Photo/Carolyn Kaster)
Photo Tools

In this Wednesday, Jan. 13, 2010, photo, retired Centralia Postmaster ...
AP
Fri Feb 5, 6:04 AM ET
Prev 4 of 10 Next

In this Wednesday, Jan. 13, 2010, photo, retired Centralia Postmaster Tom Dempsey looks out over an empty Centralia, Pa., as steam rises from the ground at his feet. The steam is caused by a fire that burns underground. The fire began in 1962 at the town dump and ignited an exposed coal vein, eventually forcing an exodus of more than 1,000 people, nearly the entire population of this mountain town. Almost every house was demolished. After years of delay, state officials are trying to finish their demolition work in Centralia, a borough in the mountains of northeastern Pennsylvania that all but ceased to exist in the 1980s after a mine fire spread beneath homes and businesses.
Photo Tools

minibond

Alfrescian
Loyal
In this Wednesday, Jan. 13, 2010, photo, steam seeps up through ...
AP
Fri Feb 5, 6:02 AM ET
Prev 8 of 10 Next

In this Wednesday, Jan. 13, 2010, photo, steam seeps up through the ground in Centralia, Pa. The steam is caused by a fire that began in 1962 at the town dump and ignited an exposed coal vein, eventually forcing an exodus of more than 1,000 people, nearly the entire population of this mountain town. Almost every house was demolished. After years of delay, state officials are trying to finish their demolition work in Centralia, a borough in the mountains of northeastern Pennsylvania that all but ceased to exist in the 1980s after a mine fire spread beneath homes and businesses.
Photo Tools
capt.4de0339225494b3d8ec12fbd9de070c9.centralias_final_days_pack202.jpg