• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

[ USA ] 7 Self-Made Immigrant Millionaires

Captain America

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/7-self-made-immigrant-millionaires.html?page=all

1688383369441b8483c78653d4b322cd16b57a5b.png

mei mei

Alfrescian
Loyal
If all these people can make it to USA, why Singaporeans have trouble going to USA? One theory is Singaporeans want comfort, the road to USA is tough and does not offer the comfort that Singaporeans seek. So Singaporeans end up taking the easy route to Australia or Canada, but these countries have less opportunities and is very expensive.

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If all these people can make it to USA, why Singaporeans have trouble going to USA? One theory is Singaporeans want comfort, the road to USA is tough and does not offer the comfort that Singaporeans seek. So Singaporeans end up taking the easy route to Australia or Canada, but these countries have less opportunities and is very expensive.

It is not just Singaporeans. Europeans also want comfort. These migrants expect to fly into their host countries and have nice jobs waiting for them.

Australia and Canada offers equal outcomes, not necessary equal opportunities.
In Australia's case, you still get free medical, public housing and even trips to Bali for holidays from nanny governments. :smile:

USA tend to offer more opportunities, but not equal opportunities which is one of their BS. One of the new business opportunities is to turn cough mixture into crystal meth for an increasing despondent former middle-class financial breakdown unemployed.

Maybe Foxconn should speed up sending Chinese jobs to Americans.

get.jpeg

United States
The United States is not known for heavy drug manufacturing, but it is known as a country with the worst drug related problems. This is because the US is the world's leading consumer of Cocaine and has the one of the, if not the highest, drug related death rates in the world.
The United States also has one of the worst problems with the use of Crystal Meth and this problem is causing a great deal of crime throughout the country. The manufacturing of Crystal Meth has now become a problem in almost every area in the United States; this is because Crystal Meth can be made in a house, basement, closet, attic, or even car.

Last edited:

contangee

Alfrescian
Loyal
As a Singaporean living in the US, I think the comfort factor is a major issue. All the Singaporeans I know that stay in the US are professionals or married to someone here, not many entrepreneur here. I guess if you are a business man, you're better off going to Asia even if the US market is bigger. Especially considering the soft economy now.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Nothing wrong with Canada, it's a nice place. As a Canadian you also have access to the US job market . Canucks are allowed to work in the US & vice versa.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
As a Singaporean living in the US, I think the comfort factor is a major issue. All the Singaporeans I know that stay in the US are professionals or married to someone here, not many entrepreneur here. I guess if you are a business man, you're better off going to Asia even if the US market is bigger. Especially considering the soft economy now.

Many of the Hongkies who have gotten their Australian, Canadian, USA,.... passports are doing just that. They park their families in the 1st world & return to HK to make $$$$

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Many of the Hongkies who have gotten their Australian, Canadian, USA,.... passports are doing just that. They park their families in the 1st world & return to HK to make $$$$

Playing "astronaut" is a good idea. Why live in Hong Kong, China, and their backward laws?

*Sidetrack*
Even HK is better than China.

The safety standards in HK much higher than China. At least in HK, less elderly do not fall down hidden steps, the blind know when to cross the roads.

Last edited:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Playing "astronaut" is a good idea. Why live in Hong Kong, China, and their backward laws?

*Sidetrack*
Even HK is better than China.

The safety standards in HK much higher than China. At least in HK, less elderly do not fall down hidden steps, the blind know when to cross the roads.

Had an ex-Hongkie(became a Canadian) colleague who was working in the the HK office. After she got pregnant, she decided that she wanted to bring up the child in Canada. She didn't have to quit her job. She just got a transfer to Canada.

Regarding the "laws" in HK:
Although I was working in Spore, my HR office was based in HK. Had no compaints whatsoever.
However after they started a HR in Spore, things started to go downhill. It was all about cutting & reducing benefits. :rolleyes: The people in HK continued to be under the HK HR office & didn't face any cuts.

It's not only about laws, it's also about attitudes. In Spore we have a a culture of "Sporeans saboing other Sporeans":o