• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious UOB and Amit Verma

jahshaka

Alfrescian
Loyal
In light of the recent UOB PR fiasco, I would like to unburden my brain please.

Facts -

First of all, UOB is lying pretending to not know who this "Amit Verma" chap is (they love to use the quotation marks in this drama).

UOB is who invited him to work in Singapore on an employment pass. They hired him in 2014 first on an annual contract basis and his contract was extended a couple of years. And by a couple, I mean 6+. At least until last year he was still at UOB when I was at the same branch as him, Raffles Plaza.

Upper management has rightfully gagged anyone who worked directly with him from what I've been told. No one can discuss or respond to things being said online, especially FB.

The grief is at the whole country being gaslighted. There is simply no other word. While I agree with UOB semi-swiftly brushing this under the rug. I don't agree with the denial of any responsibility on their part. No apology to the citizens? Instead everyone got the shameless word manipulation of : "this facebook user", "this person", "this fb account named Amit Verma" does not work here, we pinky swear!

This atrocious person was bestowed upon Singaporeans by UOB who invited him despite below average qualifications, to work in Singapore. His education is sub par, English is classless and don't get me started with calling others lazy? He is the one who was often heard complaining about having to give 200% to the job. Now management makes the surprised Pikachu face when such a person is trash talking online.

People here and at the fuckwarezone had the correct intuition about him. A very interesting observation someone made -

1.png

Because precisely this comment reminded me that a long time back he had told us about his interest in French and how he was Meeting Up to learn it. So look what I dug out -

https://bit.Iy/2GilIhG

2.png

Yet most of the internet is being gaslighted to believe that either Amit doesn't exist in UOB, doesn't exist in Singapore or worst of all - doesn't exist at all? Despite the fact that he has a job, a boyfriend, a rented house here.

The right questions -

When this started, people were rightfully asking UOB whether Amit worked there. UOB skirted the issue at the beginning by word manipulation like "this FB user Amit" and what not. Then they declared he doesn't work there anymore after 6 years

UOB should have been asked whether they got him into Singapore in 2014 and employed him for all these years or not? When was he fired/ quit exactly?

Someone mentioned elsewhere that they can't find him in the employees' database, I believe that is correct as of now. I heard he was working at some other place in Singapore now, don't know the name. At least those guys deserve to know his character imho.

Consequences -

There is no police complaint by UOB.

There will be no consequences for him through direct action by UOB.
Nada. Zilch. Sifir. Zero. Because the sooner this drama leaves the news cycle, the better it is for the UOB brand. They could have handled it a lot better, beginning with a sincere apology to the people who were insulted by Amit online. The only reason they even switched the story from "reporting it to FB" to "making a police report" is because people started calling out the whacky first reaction they had to this.

The consequences for young Singaporeans who read that cushy jobs are being given to foreigners with D grade certifications? He did his masters from Annamalai University which is an online/ distance learning university costing 50$ per annum. Tell me this does not make the youth suicidal? When the government is so politically correct that Singaporeans become second class citizens while high paying jobs are occupied by foreigners. And under qualified foreigners no less! This is not about xenophobia, this is a question of whether we believe in meritocracy or not?

Why should young people break their backs studying long hard hours when they will be rejected for well paid positions? To top it off, be called racists and lazy.

There is no lesson for offenders to be learnt here.

The future looks bleak as more and more young graduates get disenfranchised en masse by the employment sector. Singaporeans get pushed into poverty and joblessness which creates a whole other set of social issues. And all for what? So that we can earn ourselves a new insult named 'Singapoo'.

Last edited:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sad... UOB was my first savings bank. I still remember the mini sized orange or green bank books. Their CNY ang pows were also quite pretty.

Then I opened a POSB bank savings account (long before DBS acquisition) which became my default account for transactions.

bonds

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sad... UOB was my first savings bank. I still remember the mini sized orange or green bank books. Their CNY ang pows were also quite pretty.

Then I opened a POSB bank savings account (long before DBS acquisition) which became my default account for transactions.

Nong ago , my parents opened my savings account with
Chung Khiaw Bank
which was taken over by UOB during the 70s.

I had the opening account "piggy bank" gift.
Should have kept it.

IMG_20200929_163048.jpg

shakathrowaway

It is beneficial for some involved in this fiasco to muddy the waters with misinformation to save face, I call them the betrayers. Gaslighting the public and protecting a 50$ masters degree holder. I suspect he is probably PR by now so may be expelling him is more difficult?

Here he is in Singapore, photo from his family's FB -

7.png

4.png

His family mentioned here is on Facebook too

8.png

Sushma Verma in 2018 no less :

3.png

2.png

Saurabh Verma -

1.png

So much bullshit being thrown around blaming Singaporeans that I want to carry a plunger around.

As this matter gets swept under the rug and the authorities wont even tell us whether he still roams free in Singapore (see other serious allegations in the dox), perhaps the next time this happens we will have deserved it. ICA, we love you, you keep us safe, please do us all a favour here - give us more information and the good news that this under achiever is out of Singapore for good.

shakathrowaway

It is beneficial for some involved in this fiasco to muddy the waters with misinformation to save face, I call them the betrayers. Gaslighting the public and protecting a 50$ masters degree holder. I suspect he is probably PR by now so may be expelling him is more difficult?

Here he is in Singapore, photo from his family's FB -

7.png

4.png

His family mentioned here is on Facebook too

8.png

Sushma Verma in 2018 no less :

3.png

2.png

Saurabh Verma -

1.png

So much bullshit being thrown around blaming Singaporeans that I want to carry a plunger around.

As this matter gets swept under the rug and the authorities wont even tell us whether he still roams free in Singapore (see other serious allegations in the dox), perhaps the next time this happens we will have deserved it. ICA, we love you, you keep us safe, please do us all a favour here - give us more information and the good news that this under achiever is out of Singapore for good.