• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Ungrateful Old Fart Hwee Ming Upset That SimplyGo EZ-Link Card Doesn't Display The Fare When He Taps In! Kow Pei Kow Bu On Straits Times!

tobelightlight

Alfrescian
Loyal
No fare display with SimplyGo
I recently upgraded my senior citizen concession card to SimplyGo.

To my dismay, I now have no idea how much I am paying for my MRT and bus rides, or the remaining balance in my card.

When I tap at the MRT gates and when I get on and off the bus, the only message that is shown is “SimplyGo”. This is very frustrating, especially for seniors.

How does this improve our ride experience?

Yeow Hwee Ming

https://www.straitstimes.com/opinion/forum/forum-excerpts-from-readers-letters-49
Agree with him. I am still using the old card. U have to see ur own fare when tap out. This is a good way to know how much you spend. Why change it. The people running the country are a waste of taxpayer's money.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Agree with him. I am still using the old card. U have to see ur own fare when tap out. This is a good way to know how much you spend. Why change it. The people running the country are a waste of taxpayer's money.

It's probably done to prevent 'bad feelings' from the users of public transport after a few more 'fare revisions'. :wink:

Seeing a smiley face and 'SIMPLYGO' and a 'Have a nice day' is more helpful in soothing the simmering anger than seeing $2 or $3 deducted for a journey that's a few stops/stations away. :sneaky:

Want to see how much that trip actually cost? Check your bank or LTA app lah. But they know most will neither have the time nor inclination to do that. :rolleyes:

The passive-aggressive and diabolic ways of this regime are very predictable if you have observed them for a while with a pinch of dispassionate honesty. :cool:

sbfuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal
They lured the gian png sinkies to convert by giving 50cents rebate per $10 topup, limited to max of $2 rebates per mth and later they removed this rebates and sinkies cannot revert, only can kpkb

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
They lured the gian png sinkies to convert by giving 50cents rebate per $10 topup, limited to max of $2 rebates per mth and later they removed this rebates and sinkies cannot revert, only can kpkb

Most Sinkies are like farm animals, they can only see the food dangled in front of them and not see the slaughterhouse planned for them. :cool:

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
SimplyGo is nothing more than a scam by the banks to data mine your public transport expenditure, with the full blessing of the LTA and the usual suspects.

I just use my credit card with EZ-Reload, which auto tops up the fare value when necessary.
Why don’t u just walk? This way your credit card doesn’t have your info of how often you top up.

Please la u clowns ain’t that important for anyone to keep track of. lol… track a bunch of losers taking public transportation. Yeah right.

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
That chee bye Simply Go card has a lot of problems when used on buses. There were a few times when I tapped in and the red flashing signal comes on stating that the card is invalid or has insufficient funds even though I just topped up. I had to disembark and take the train instead. Anyone encounter similar problems when used on buses?

use MRT card lah..................then top up with cash..................otherwise those Malay makciks will lose their jobs.............:cry:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Cashless society is sure to come. Already said in bible.

More like China-style social credit score system. Your money will get turned off if you don't behave according to what they want. :sneaky:

This is the wet dream of all the godless technocrats. :cool:

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

If old farts keep seeing how much fare is deducted, it might give them heart attack.

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Remind me of banks spearheaded by DBS and MAS literally forcing customers to use mobile and internet banking despite the security risk .
The banks get to earn more and cut cost by reducing staffing and physical branch network as customers end up doing all the banking transactions themselves and taking all the risk.
Why the banks never get scammed but only customers take all the lossses?
70% loved it

Last edited:

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
So what if you found out that the trip cost $2 or $3? lol what’s your alternative?

U going to boycott the train and take Grab which cost $30?

Or u can shut the fuck up and walk?

bushtucker

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
That chee bye Simply Go card has a lot of problems when used on buses. There were a few times when I tapped in and the red flashing signal comes on stating that the card is invalid or has insufficient funds even though I just topped up. I had to disembark and take the train instead. Anyone encounter similar problems when used on buses?
Maybe check if your bank card has both the CEPAS logo and Contactless logo? If yes, then go to the ticketing machine to change payment mode.

• If your Credit/Debit card carries both the CEPAS logo and the contactless symbol, follow the simple instructions below
    • Visit the General Ticketing Machine at any MRT station
    • Place your credit/debit card on the e-reader, and select “Check Transit Payment Mode”. Select “OK” on the “Enable Bank Card“ screen
    • Select “OK” on the “Please Confirm” screen. You are ready to tap and go on buses and trains