• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Ultima V Music "Stones"

QXD

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Ah, games from the dawn of the PC age.

I played Ultima 1 to 3 on an apple, 4 and 5 on DOS, 6-7 on Win95.

Back then, no Google for walkthroughs and cheats, 99% of games were pirated, so either you had to beg, borrow of steal a badly photocopied manual or just patiently wait for a fellow Ultima geek to give you some tips.

Really can't imagine now how 640KB (Ultima 1) to 3.84MB (Ultima 7) worth of data could keep one occupied for months!

groober2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ah, games from the dawn of the PC age.

I played Ultima 1 to 3 on an apple, 4 and 5 on DOS, 6-7 on Win95.

Back then, no Google for walkthroughs and cheats, 99% of games were pirated, so either you had to beg, borrow of steal a badly photocopied manual or just patiently wait for a fellow Ultima geek to give you some tips.

Really can't imagine now how 640KB (Ultima 1) to 3.84MB (Ultima 7) worth of data could keep one occupied for months!

The Ultima Series and Wizardry Series were fun to play and every new game was an advancement but I think Ultima 7 was a real breakthrough allowing players to remove and put different objects collected into a backpack.

QXD

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I remember Wizplus, the Wizardry hack software that could mod normal characters into some uber awesome character that could kill Werdna in 2 hits!

My fave back then was Evil aligned Ninja.

U7 never really finished it. I was in Uni then and the next gen RPGs like Warcraft and FPS (Doom), began catching on like wildfire, especially when these games had online multiplayer capabilities.

The Ultima Series and Wizardry Series were fun to play and every new game was an advancement but I think Ultima 7 was a real breakthrough allowing players to remove and put different objects collected into a backpack.

groober2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
I remember Wizplus, the Wizardry hack software that could mod normal characters into some uber awesome character that could kill Werdna in 2 hits!

My fave back then was Evil aligned Ninja.

U7 never really finished it. I was in Uni then and the next gen RPGs like Warcraft and FPS (Doom), began catching on like wildfire, especially when these games had online multiplayer capabilities.

I did enjoyed playing Dune. Wizardry was quite tough at times as there were puzzles to unlock. Later on it was Bard's Tale and Warcraft but I did not play UO because it was boring.