• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

UK Archbishop slams attempts to ‘force same-sex marriage’ on church after 'peaceful' muslim group expressed similar concern

duluxe

Alfrescian
Loyal
https://www.expressandstar.com/news...ttempts-to-force-same-sex-marriage-on-church/

The Archbishop of Canterbury has spoken of being “threatened with parliamentary action” in an attempt to “force same-sex marriage” into the Church of England.

Speaking at a global Anglican Consultative Council (ACC) meeting in Ghana, Justin Welby also said that “many” members of the General Synod have “dismissed” his concerns about recent reforms.

The archbishop’s comments come after the General Synod – the Church of England’s legislative assembly – passed a motion to allow the blessing of same-sex couples in civil partnerships earlier this month.

In his presidential address to the 18th plenary of the ACC, Mr Welby said that “rules about sexuality in the Church of England” have been tabled for discussion as a “result” of growing atheism in the UK.

He told those at the meeting, held in the Ghanian capital Accra, that in the global north, Christian values of “community and mutual responsibility” have been “almost eliminated” in favour of “individualism”.

Mr Welby said that when he has been approached by Christians who fear that Islam would “take over Europe”, he told them the “greater danger” is posed by a growing number of atheists, who he refers to as “nones”.

“I don’t mean N-U-N-s,” he said. “I mean those who when asked about their faith, say: ‘None. I have no faith’.

“The result is clear. In the last few weeks, as part of our discussions about sexuality and the rules around sexuality in the Church of England, I talked of our interdependence with all Christians, not just Anglicans, particularly those in the global south with other faith majorities.

“As a result I was summoned twice to Parliament, and threatened with parliamentary action to force same-sex marriage on us, called in England equal marriage.

“When I speak of the impact that actions by the Church of England will have on those abroad in the Anglican communion, those concerns are dismissed by many, not all, but by many in the General Synod.”……