• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

TOC Policy Exchange on CPF

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
This is an interesting forum I have attended at last minute notice. There are much agreement on common points about the problems and inadequacy of CPF for retirement financing.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/SmViCNPF_vc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
There is much agreement because it's an assembly of those who all share the same views to begin with.

For a proper discussion you need views from across the whole spectrum not a bunch of people preaching to the converted.

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Invited PAP and CPF representatives but they didn't want to attend mah... else I won't need to stand in! They scare bombardment by opposition members lah!

Goh Meng Seng

There is much agreement because it's an assembly of those who all share the same views to begin with.

For a proper discussion you need views from across the whole spectrum not a bunch of people preaching to the converted.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
so many shitskins....the last thing on earth u wanna trust a shitskin with is ur fiscal policies and matters concerning money.....a ang moh can discuss economic theory with u but a shitskin can only lie and obsfucate.

jw5

Loyal
Good evening Mr Goh. :wink:

You know who you should have invited to the forum? Errrrrr, now what's his name, it seems to slip my mind for the moment......................... :biggrin:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I agree with Dr P that we should clearly decouple retirement needs from healthcare. We have crossed our wires so bad in this regard that layman is lost while the govt uses it as common pool. It further complicates industry benchmarking.

tanwahp

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Since you often say Goh Meng Seng has great views and all of them share the same views, it means all 6 have great views. In that case, you should be happy when there is much agreement.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Since you often say Goh Meng Seng has great views and all of them share the same views, it means all 6 have great views. In that case, you should be happy when there is much agreement.

Great views need to withstand criticism and dissection, The process is as important as the outcome.

There needs to some thrust and parry to legitimise the process.... not just a bunch of people nodding in agreement with each other.

Why else do you think I put in so much effort to defend the PAP here.

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
I do agree with you, Sam. As a good student of Philosophy, I also like Socratic Dialectic form of discussion or debate which I believe can bring out the best of ideas but there is absolutely nothing we can do if the other side keeps running away from such engagement.

However, politics being politics, the most important thing is that there are people from the sideline who will agree with us. The more people agree with us, the better position we are in determining the value of our ideas. The following is from an article by a blogger likedatosocanmeh:

"Ministers Tharman and Tan are basically saying the need to maintain a broken system with band aid when CPF needs attention in the ICU. If they still do not understand our concerns, I would strongly suggest they read “TOC Policy Exchange on CPF – rethinking the system”. The discussion was attended by members of opposition parties whose views resonate with CPF members.

Conclusion

Important concerns of CPF members have been glossed over by PAP politicians. Fortunately they were highlighted by opposition political party members at the TOC Policy Exchange on CPF."

Goh Meng Seng

Great views need to withstand criticism and dissection, The process is as important as the outcome.

There needs to some thrust and parry to legitimise the process.... not just a bunch of people nodding in agreement with each other.

Why else do you think I put in so much effort to defend the PAP here.