• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Tiagong, JHK are good loyal workers for their companies, no wonder bosses prefer JHK...it is all JLB Sinki Fault for hob hopping, kym?

k1976

Alfrescian
Loyal
A recent social media post from an American entrepreneur, Brett Adcock, regarding job hopping has sparked a debate between Malaysians on the effectiveness and necessities of doing so in the country. The post also drew stories from Malaysians who have been loyal at a single job for years, outlining the little wage increment most of them get from doing so

Brett Adcock wrote on X (formerly Twitter) about how he has hired thousands of people and yet those with a 'jumpy' resume tend to be a cause of concern for him.

ADVERTISEMENT

“I've hired thousands of people, and I can't think of a single person I've hired with a jumpy resume who has worked out long-term. Not one,” he tweeted.

Being loyal may not provide as much monetary gain​

Several Malaysian individuals on the internet offered firsthand accounts of the financial limitations associated with long-term employment at a single company in response to the post.

@Azwan_ on Twitter quipped “I stayed at one company in the past for many years. My increment was only RM1,700."

“My ex-manager worked for 12 years, only RM3,000 increment in total. Can't feed my family with that. Not surprised median income of Malaysians are just RM4,000 per month,” he added.

k1976

Alfrescian
Loyal
SINGAPORE – Jumping ship has gone out of fashion among local workers with job switching at its lowest level in six years.

Only 14.7 per cent of workers changed jobs in the past two years, a rate not seen since 2017.

The chances of landing a new post have dimmed due to the weaker economic environment, despite a tight labour market.

The fall in job change was seen across all age groups, in white-collar and blue-collar posts and across industries, noted a Ministry of Manpower survey on Jan 31.

Workers aged 25 to 29 – a group still exploring options in their early careers – continued to change employers most frequently.

About 13.9 per cent of this cohort had moved in the 12 months up to June 2023, compared with 5.5 per cent for workers in their 50s and 3.7 per cent for those over 60.