• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Three major preschool chains raising prices from next year

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
[h=1]THREE MAJOR PRESCHOOL CHAINS RAISING PRICES FROM NEXT YEAR[/h]
<!-- /.block --> <style>.node-article .field-name-link-line-above-tags{float: right;}.node-article .field-name-ad-box-in-article {float: left;margin: 15px 15px 10px 0;}.node-article .field-tags{clear: both;}</style> Post date:
4 Oct 2014 - 8:58pm

<iframe src="http://tpc.googlesyndication.com/safeframe/1-0-0/html/container.html" style="display: none; visibility: hidden;"></iframe><ins id="aswift_0_expand" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: currentColor; width: 336px; height: 280px; display: inline-table; visibility: visible; position: relative; background-color: transparent; border-image: none;"><ins id="aswift_0_anchor" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: currentColor; width: 336px; height: 280px; display: block; visibility: visible; position: relative; background-color: transparent; border-image: none;"><iframe name="aswift_0" width="336" height="280" id="aswift_0" frameBorder="0" marginWidth="0" marginHeight="0" scrolling="no" vspace="0" hspace="0" allowfullscreen="true" style="left: 0px; top: 0px; position: absolute;" allowTransparency="true"></iframe></ins></ins>

Three of Singapore’s subsidised preschool chains will be increasing their prices again next year with fees going up by between $4 and $62 extra a month.

The three operators raising their prices include NTUC’s MY First Skool, PAP Community Foundation and Metropolitan YMCA’s My World Preschool.
All three of these are supposed to keep their fees affordable in return for government grants, however they have cited rising operating costs and are going to be increasing prices.

Just last year, average preschool prices also increased dramatically with a $80 increase in median monthly fees.

The two operators, Skool4kidz and EtonHouse International’s E-bridge Pre-School are not raising fees as they are already charging the maximum fees allowed for government subsidised preschools.

The maximum full-day childcare fee cannot be more than $720 a month if the preschool operator wishes to receive regular government grants.

At PCF, childcare programs cost between $420 and $697, depending on location and 170 of its 230 kindergartens will increase monthly fees by $10 to $20.

<ins id="aswift_1_expand" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: currentColor; width: 336px; height: 280px; display: inline-table; visibility: visible; position: relative; background-color: transparent; border-image: none;"><ins id="aswift_1_anchor" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: currentColor; width: 336px; height: 280px; display: block; visibility: visible; position: relative; background-color: transparent; border-image: none;"><iframe name="aswift_1" width="336" height="280" id="aswift_1" frameBorder="0" marginWidth="0" marginHeight="0" scrolling="no" vspace="0" hspace="0" allowfullscreen="true" style="left: 0px; top: 0px; position: absolute;" allowTransparency="true"></iframe></ins></ins>

Explaining further about the costs they are facing, a PCF spokesperson explained that the largest cost has been salary costs and the cost of implementing improved programmes.

Over at My First Skool, average prices will be increasing $32 a month. Fees, inclusive of goods and services tax, will be $1,342 for infants, $707 for toddlers and those in play groups, and $646 for those in nursery and kindergarten.

Metropolitan YMCA is increasing their fees by $20 to $30 at most of its centres.
The Early Childhood Development Agency (ECDA) has already approved the fee increases saying that the preschools need to increase their fees to stay sustainable.

They also insisted that childcare subsidies from the government may help low and middle income families with the rising costs.

Currently, all parents get a basic subsidy of $300 a month for full-day childcare and they can also get a second subsidy if they are low-income.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
That is why people think twice about having children in Spore.

They are a financial liability.

As if they are not financial liabilities elsewhere in the world.

Working parents are making good money in Singapore. It is only right that we raise prices to skim off the fat. Don't want the middle class to grow too affluent and clamour for useless things like freedom and human rights.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
As if they are not financial liabilities elsewhere in the world.

Working parents are making good money in Singapore. It is only right that we raise prices to skim off the fat. Don't want the middle class to grow too affluent and clamour for useless things like freedom and human rights.

Obviously you are mistaken. If parents need to work to make $$$ then obviously they won't have the time to make babies or look after them. I often see people getting maids to help them look after their kids. Not a healthy sign.

I know many ex-Sporeans who started a family only after they left Spore. Their wives were able to stop working & start having babies. In places like Canada you have plenty of incentives start a family e.g. allowances, tax breaks, time off, affordable child creches,.... If you are a citizen you also get plenty of assistance in education e.g. free schooling, free textbooks, rebates on Uni tuition, no gst on school related purchases.

It is also common for a Canadian student to be getting help with their tuition costs via bursaries & scholarships. It can be quite easy to qualify.
In Canada it is not unusual to have single parents with kids. I know an ex- Sporean who was able to have 7 kids:eek: However the average is usually 2 to 3 kids.

When I asked ex- Sporeans why they left Spore. The most common answer that I got was that they did it for their children.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It's just a consequence of massive inflation, no thanks to the PAP govt's policies.

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
No matter what cost will go up. Childcare cannot be cheap as programmes now more sophisticated before and the teachers etc all need to eat,,to make things worse pap raise rents all the time,,,so pap have to feed,,,its a vicious cycle. But I find those articles about raising fees etc very pap protective,,,,its always stated that raise fees due to increase in salaries etc,,but they never mention RENT...so rent prices are low and stable meh?it seems now even biz wont say the whole truth just as not to offend pap

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It's also due to the fact that preschools are full-day sessions now, and you have to provide a lunch meal for the kids.

What happened to 2-3 hour kindergarten sessions? :confused:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

We have had cases of elder abuse at old folks homes. How do we know the same is not happening at child care centres:confused: Same thing could be happening at your home.

I know someone who relied on her maid to take care of her girl while she was working. She noticed some unpleasant behaviours that she suspects was due to the influences of her filipino maid. From her experience she now only hires maids from Indonesia. :wink:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
why? their urine taste sweeter?

Many Sporeans have found out the hard way that filipinos can be very deceptive. In the case of my friend she found out latter that the maid had sneaked away to drink with her boyfriend while she was supposed to be looking after my friends daughter.

There was also the incident when my friends husband caught a prowler who was actually the maids boyfriend:biggrin: He was visiting her for some hanky panky:o

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Not only Pinay maids,,,all maids there is a risk,,,for pinays maybe cos they can speak english so easier for them to make frens etc,,,2 of my relatives have pinay maids,,and they do a good job with the kids and household,,,so it depends on the luck of the draw and the way the employer treats the maids,,,

No matter what, its a 2 way street,,if the maid is lousy fuck her off straight away and get new one,,,
Many Sporeans have found out the hard way that filipinos can be very deceptive. In the case of my friend she found out latter that the maid had sneaked away to drink with her boyfriend while she was supposed to be looking after my friends daughter.

There was also the incident when my friends husband caught a prowler who was actually the maids boyfriend:biggrin: He was visiting her for some hanky panky:o

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Not only Pinay maids,,,all maids there is a risk,,,for pinays maybe cos they can speak english so easier for them to make frens etc,,,2 of my relatives have pinay maids,,and they do a good job with the kids and household,,,so it depends on the luck of the draw and the way the employer treats the maids,,,

No matter what, its a 2 way street,,if the maid is lousy fuck her off straight away and get new one,,,

I hear plenty of complaints about filipino maids from my friends & colleagues. Maybe they are unfortunate but I think indo maids are more transparent because they come from the kampong where they don't get much practise in lying.

I have been to both Indonesia & the Philippines. The Philippines is a tough place & you really have to be on your toes. So I'm not surprised about problems from filipinos.

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Pinoyland might seem tougher than Indon cos any local can carry a gun...and shoot someone and the case is never solved,,,and in Pinoyland they are more exposed due to their americanisation,,,and been to manila,,its really a cesspit,,,the chinatown there really stuck in a timewarp,,,feels like the 60s and yet its not the 60s...any way,,,heard pinay maids not popular as they getting more expensive,,,and if u feel indon maids are better,,go for it,,,my relatives also had bad experiences with one indon maid,,but another indon maid was fine,,,so luck of the draw,,,

I hear plenty of complaints about filipino maids from my friends & colleagues. Maybe they are unfortunate but I think indo maids are more transparent because they come from the kampong where they don't get much practise in lying.

I have been to both Indonesia & the Philippines. The Philippines is a tough place & you really have to be on your toes. So I'm not surprised about problems from filipinos.