• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

This is what happens without the PAP in charge

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
printLogo.png

Breakdown at Britomart station causes 'chaos'

By Patrice Dougan @PatriceDougan
10:51 AM Thursday Dec 11, 2014
SCCZEN_A_280414NZHGBTRAINS9_220x147.jpg

How Britomart station should normally look - when trains are running. File photo / Greg Bowker

A broken-down train is causing delays to all services in and out of Auckland's Britomart station, with commuters describing "total chaos" this morning.

The eastern line train broke down at 8.50am in the Parnell tunnel.

Hundreds of passengers have been told to disembark onto the Newmarket platform.

Have you been affected this morning? Got photos or video? Email us here.

An Auckland Transport spokesman said because there were only two train lines in and out of the Britomart station the broken down locomotive had caused "some delays to other services while that train is moved".

Pushed on how many services were affected, he declined to give an exact number but said "all services" in and out of the station were experiencing some form of delay.

One commuter described the situation unfolding at Newmarket train station as the "passenger transport version of Saturday's Harbour Bridge gridlock".

"Hundreds of Britomart-bound commuters forced to disembark because a train has broken down in the Parnell tunnel.
Total chaos and misinformation and slow response," he said.

On Saturday afternoon Auckland traffic ground to a stand-still after a collision between three motorcyclists and a truck. The midday crash left three people with serious injuries, closing three of the Harbour Bridge's four northbound lanes for three hours, and causing a ripple of congestion across the city's streets, roads and motorways. Some motorists spent up to four hours stuck in the traffic jam.

The Kingslander commuter said:
"Passengers on the inbound western line train were told to alight at Newmarket and get on another train, which was packed. Two minutes later we all had to get off.

"Ticket collectors and security staff
didn't know what was going on. We stood around in confusion with no indication of whether or when any train would get through to Britomart.

"Most people eventually walked out and caught a bus."

By Patrice Dougan @PatriceDougan
- NZME.

Copyright ©2014, APN New Zealand Limited

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Thankfully this sort of thing never happens in singapore.

You have to thank Desmond and his team for their excellent management of SMRT. We need him to come over to NZ to help out. The people here are absolutely useless.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
the bay area will be waiting in line for desmond and team after they have accomplished their mission in nz.

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
whenever boss sam goes the places sure got suay things happen.

i think boss should can his name to vincent leong... 梁瘟神。

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
the bay area will be waiting in line for desmond and team after they have accomplished their mission in nz.

The Auckland rail system is pathetic. It covers less than 5% of the city and breaks down weekly. Trains are few and far between and never arrive on time.

It's such a simple network and yet the clowns here can't get it to run reliably despite the fact that fares are astronomical and cost 5x more than an equivalent journey on the SMRT

auckland_rail_network_map.png

Compare this with the extremely reliable and affordable Singapore train network and you'll begin to appreciate just how good Singapore is at getting things right.

MRT-Map.jpg

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Compare this with the extremely reliable and affordable Singapore train network and you'll begin to appreciate just how good Singapore is at getting things right.

yes, while sg is building the very extensive downtown line with close to 2 dozen new stations in difficult underground and above-ground terrain and urban core, over and on top of the extensive mrt map you have shown, the bart is still struggling with 3 miserably-funded, delayed, construction-stalled stations from warm springs in fremont to berryessa in san jose. extensions to san jose downtown and the diridon caltrain station are now in jeopardy and may not be realized due to funding issues and zero political will. the 3 new bart stations being constructed, albeit with severe delays, were in the plans more than 20 years ago, when the smrt downtown line (not mentioning the circle line with dozens of stations) was not even contemplated or made public. 20 years are what bart takes to start construction on the measly trio while in sg, 20 years have produced multiple lines and numerous dozens of stations. i am truly impressed with the speed, decisiveness, and execution of such massive projects by sg authorities. they truly deserve kudos for competence, audacity and tenacity.

image.jpg

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The Auckland rail system is pathetic. It covers less than 5% of the city and breaks down weekly. Trains are few and far between and never arrive on time.

That's actually a good thing. Some places in Sinkieland should not have MRT stations as they destroy the surroundings.

sinkhole04.png

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
SMART's Promise - World Class Failway sytem indeed!!

The fact that the 4 year's worth of SMRT breakdowns can all be summarised in one page shows how good a system it is.

In Auckland it would need one page a week to document all the breakdowns and accidents. That would be 208 pages for the last 4 years.

xingguy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The fact that the 4 year's worth of SMRT breakdowns can all be summarised in one page shows how good a system it is.

In Auckland it would need one page a week to document all the breakdowns and accidents. That would be 208 pages for the last 4 years.

Boss, what I am showing you is just tip of the iceberg.

Funny that you slam the country you are staying in and sing praises about Singapore.

Come back lah, kpkb for what.

With your kind of articulate twisted logic, the scums in white need you more now than ever :biggrin:

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Funny that you slam the country you are staying in and sing praises about Singapore.

I'm not complaining about NZ. I accept it as the norm. Shit happens all over the world. I am quite content to live in a country where things go wrong on a regular basis and where projects never get off the ground.

What I am pointing out is that Singapore is so much better than everywhere else and that Singaporeans should learn to appreciate the fact that the country is so much better than the rest of the world.

If they vote the PAP out, they'll end up with a far worse environment than they currently enjoy so they should be very careful what they wish for.

xingguy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I'm not complaining about NZ. I accept it as the norm. Shit happens all over the world. I am quite content to live in a country where things go wrong on a regular basis and where projects never get off the ground.

What I am pointing out is that Singapore is so much better than everywhere else and that Singaporeans should learn to appreciate the fact that the country is so much better than the rest of the world.

If they vote the PAP out, they'll end up with a far worse environment than they currently enjoy so they should be very careful what they wish for.

Used to be we can claim proudly that Singapore has a high standard in most of the things we do.
Now we should be happy with the way Singapore is sliding backwards and comfort ourselves that there are also fuck ups elsewhere.

We are now in a far worse environment that we previously had.
Singapore is sliding backwards precisely because of blindly voting for PAP.
You are right in be very careful what they wish for.

So, vote wisely comes next GE!!