• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

This is How FAPee Traitors Let In FTrash Through Back Door! Explosive!

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgbfr1 width="1%"></TD><TD><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR class=msghead vAlign=top><TD class=msgF width="1%" noWrap align=right>From: </TD><TD class=msgFname width="68%" noWrap>kojakbt_89 <NOBR></NOBR></TD><TD class=msgDate width="30%" noWrap align=right>10:12 am </TD></TR><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgT height=20 width="1%" noWrap align=right>To: </TD><TD class=msgTname width="68%" noWrap>ALL <NOBR></NOBR></TD><TD class=msgNum noWrap align=right></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgleft rowSpan=4 width="1%"></TD><TD class=wintiny noWrap align=right>40131.1 </TD></TR><TR><TD height=8></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgtxt>N2P2 school that teaches ACCA and CIMA is unethical

PostDateIcon.png
October 15th, 2010 |
PostAuthorIcon.png
Author: Contributions |
PostEditIcon.png
Edit

I am writing about this school so that people can be warned about it and use it as a reference when searching for a good CIMA and ACCA school.
N2P2 is a problematic school with personnel issues coming from the principal himself, being a person of questionable character. Hope all students open their eyes big. Please pick big reputable schools when you want to study in Singapore.
I come to Singapore to study ACCA because my family is here. An acquaintance heard that I want to study, so, brought me to this school N2P2. Later, I found out that the N2P2 gives commission from $100 to $200 to anyone who successfully recruits for them and the principal accepts everyone from any country.
I see that the school has many asian faces so I was glad. In the school I told the principal, Sonny Chann who is also the lecturer that I never studied ACCA before and asked if better to study CAT first. He just say any idiot also can study ACCA.
I paid my deposit and fees in Jan 2010 but we only heard of student contract in August 2010 where he made us sign on contracts that has fee amount not same from what he charged. The school fees changed so many times from Jan 2010 until now. We students all lost track and just pay any amount he tells us to pay when he is in class.
In my level one class, I notice a lot students attend class on first day. And then they don抰 come anymore. They tell me this school no need to attend school for international students even though Singapore Immigrations say must do. Some of the students said I can go to work under student pass. My parents do not need me to work. Some of the students tell me, as long as I stay with school for about one year or more, Sonny Chann will automatically help me pass my level one exam, else the Immigrations will not approve my student pass renewal and then he will not able earn our money. Sonny Chann told us in class that we can choose not to go school but will cancel our pass if we do not pay instalment on time. This is so true because he only make us come back in June to sign all the attendance sheets at one go. Sonny Chann said Immigrations is doing spotcheck and tell all of us to help him sign. I heard his older staff dont want to help him sign so he ask all of us come back to sign.
When Sonny Chann still had a lot Myanmar students, we sometimes hear him accidentally say to his staff 揳ll these Myanmar students so stupid, English so bad, fill in form also don抰 know.?#160; Then he sees some of us still around, he pretends to be nice. Sometimes in class when Myanmar students have problem with asking questions in English, he just ignore us. He always lies that he is a true blue Singaporean, studied overseas, work as director in Singapore bank.
Then we all found out actually he is also from Myanmar himself, but he changed his citizenship. We also know that his father works for Myanmar military much later and the entire family were activists in politics. Maybe that is why he had to change his name in Singapore. I wonder why he dislike Burmese, earns Burmese students money when he is a Burmese himself. Maybe he never worked in bank as director also.
In many of our classes, Sonny Chann gets his level 2 or level 3 CIMA or ACCA students to teach. I think this is not allowed by Singapore education ministry but he is too cheapskate to employ qualified teachers. We had a Miss Laksha teaching 1 subject. She is very knowledgeable but she left in June this year because she can抰 stand him also. Sometime, the students who teach us do not know how to teach, so they just give us a lot of multiple choices in the books to practice during the 3 hour session when they can be done as homework. Class always ends very early like in one hour for us international students.
The school promised with the course comes a revision kit, lecture notes, dvd, manual. But we only receive one lousy textbook after we paid. When we ask, he said the revision kit is the 2 mock exam in the book. The lecture note is in the book, the dvd we have to rent at $20, and the manual is actually the student handbook orientation manual. The entire textbook is around 2cm thick and he tell us 揹on抰 need to buy any other books to study. Use my book sure pass one.?#160; Even his library, a lot books we want to borrow, he always lie say borrowed by other students when don抰 actually have that book.
N2P2 is a exam centre for CIMA and ACCA level one computer based exams. Other than TOPCIMA, the school has no invigilators other than Sonny Chann himself. He puts other peoples name as invigilators but we never saw these people before. Don抰 know why ACCA and CIMA permits him run the exam centre. He always helps students that he likes, to cheat in exam. He also records some of the exams and asks Myanmar students copytype them out. Like that, all the other ACCA and CIMA students who study for their exams so hard in other schools is so unfair to them!
Sometimes he will purposely let some students fail, like CIMA level one students because the students have no choice but to go back to his centre to take the exam again. He told his staff that each time a student fails and repeats exams, he can earn from the re-sit exam fee. So, in the exam aspect for level one students, he is the god and devil. For anyone who want to pass level one using his school as exam based centre, just have to be very pretty or very rich to pay.
In the new semester this year, he moved school premise from level four to level six. We all wonder why because we know he is a cheapskate so why would he pay for a bigger classroom. Then we know later, because he is really a big cheapskate not to employ qualified teacher, he decide to put classrooms side by side so that he can teach many of the subjects concurrently. The timetable that was originally on the website was changed so many times, and it is faked. In fact, he purposely put names of lecturers who are no longer teaching on the N2P2 website to make N2P2 appear like it has a lot of staff and let CPE think it is a good school.
When the unqualified level 3 Myanmar student was teaching in class, she used Burmese to teach. 2 of the students were from China. But she said 搒orry, I must use Burmese to teach because ratio is 14:2?#160; . This is so stupid. She got the courage to say that because she has affair with Sonny Chann we think. We saw them close and she told us they go cut hair together. And the ironic part is, when CPE officers conducted their assessment at N2P2, while Sonny Chann was busy showing them around and answering their questions, the CPE officers could be so blind to miss out that the Myanmar teacher was teaching just right next door!
[URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kxral朡xQM"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kxral朡xQM[/URL]
Before we joined, he told us N2P2 is different from other schools because we can go to him anytime personally if we have study questions. But he chooses who he want to reply to and also is based on his mood. He is always more polite towards his working class students, especially the few Caucasians that he sucks up to because he knows they are already knowledgeable.
We all know he has a family and he always tell us his wife Sylvia Low is VP in odfjell and kids Solomon chann studying in Nanhua Primary and Sherman chann are very bright. But it is disgusting to see him use his hand to touch some of the female students when tutorial. There are female students very angry with him because he tried to force them to be his girlfriend. He said his wife is based overseas and he gets lonely. Some of the female students even showed us the smses and emails that he sent to them. In fact we also saw Sonny Chann touch the sensitive parts of 2 female students and they push him away. But we are all students and Singapore does not protect students from this unless it is a government school. I wonder why Singapore Ministry Education does not come up with acts to protect students against such sick lecturers. We can all pool funds for Sonny Chann to visit geylang everyday if he is so desperate.
If Mrs Chann is reading the blog, she should just go to Singapore Powers to check on her husband抯 subscription of utilities for female student A, go to ICA and check his passport and date of entry to Malaysia same as female student B, and LTA for fines he received for stalking overnight at carpark of female student C. It is their private affair, but we wonder why a VP of such a big company can stand her husband do these things as a teacher? Maybe she turn blind eye to compensate her loss time with husband when she overseas but it is unfair to victim students.
Sonny Chann likes to pretend to be a loving father for his sons Sherman and Solomon Chann and always tells us his children are popular like him. After school started for weeks in second semester this year, he suddenly announce a 搕erm break?in September same as his kids school holidays. This term break was never announced last time or informed on website. Later on, he told some of us that actually he went America to attend his sister wedding. We did not have make up classes for that. Sonny Chann does not even care if the syllabus is completed teaching. Actually, he does not even teach according to the content of his own textbook and picks topic to teach as he pleases. Jump here and there making us confused. If his sons in government school, the teachers also teach like that and also anyhow touch his sons like the way he do, how he feel?
Sonny Chann always appear knowledgable to all of us in the beginning. We know his good knowledge in accounting but the questions he cannot answer, he will just say it is not in the syllabus. Otherwise he will say 搚ou should know all these already what?#160; when he had never taught us those fundamentals in earlier level.
A number of of the higher level ACCA students left after they know his teaching on ACCA is really terrible. For CIMA students, they don抰 really have a base for comparison because other schools like SMA do not offer the full course and he falsely creates the impression that he is the CIMA monopoly in Singapore.
Sonny Chann likes to tell us he has been teaching since he was young and has a lot experience. But I think now because he is so rich from us international students, he becomes greedy and horny and lousy.
Sonny Chann combines ACCA and CIMA level subjects at different levels to teach. He tells us they are very similar. This is a big NO for CIMA and ACCA providers but he still purposely do that because he knows CIMA and ACCA too far away to check on him. Only in this semester when one of the students emailed to CIMA on this. Sonny Chann then announced the separation of classes on papers, but in actual fact, classes are still combined to teach because he is too cheapskate to get teachers and want to keep all the money to himself.
Cima and ACCa subject using one same textbook and he told us that is good enough. ACCA and CIMA officers should review his lousy textbooks. He plagarised questions from bpp and other textbooks and just put watermark of school logo and pretend it is N2P2抯 own textbook. So thick skin to put his own name and his odfjell wife name on the book when he is just a copycat. When we run out of questions from the textbook to do, he will then go to his locker and retrieve some past year questions, photocopy hurriedly and throw it to us like we are stray dogs.
Sonny Chann always say 搒ee, I have so many students pass their exams under me.?Most ACCA and CIMA students are self pilot students unless they are only in singapore to work under student pass. He gives attention only to those with accounting working background or already has a degree in accounting so that he doesn抰 need to teach much. He makes us form study groups during the actual 3 hour lectures and discuss the practice questions on our own. Lectures are only more regular in his evening classes where they are mostly working adults and he fears them. He likes to surf net in the class and when we have questions to ask him, he will answer briefly and go back to his stupid internet again to check his shares or surf jokes and laugh out loud. i think BPP and Frank Wood should sue him for royalties.
Sonny Chann like to laugh at many students doing OBU projects in the class. This is because many of the OBU students are mostly China students from other schools and they come to him because he is cheaper than other schools to vet their projects. Sonny hates them and ask in class who wants to help vet their essay. He tell us, all these china obu students so stupid, just vet their English only don抰 need any skill. But in front of the OBU students he will smile and act like their project need a lot help. He also always lie say people who go through him for OBU always will pass. But still so many fail.
He like to tell us N2P2 means no pass no pay. Actually I think he means that if we don抰 pay he will never pass us. No pay no pass. He is only very nice when we ask to enroll in school. After that when he knows we are not working in big MNC, he will see us like we are refugee in Singapore.
Some of us would like to leave the school but he threathen us so many things. Sometimes he will say he will write to ACCA or CIMA that we have integrity issues. Sometimes he will say he will cancel our student pass immediately if we ask for a refund. Sometimes he will say we can never hope to pass unless we do him some favours like work for him for free.
The school is very small so it does not have many accounts work to maintain. But he likes to lie to students and say 搘ork for me, you can learn accounting related to your studies.?#160; For the real accounting work which is doing up financial statement, he had got a qualified staff to do that. But the other work that he will bullshit, which includes admin, reception, and cleaning up of classroom, he has no one and always just wants students to do it for free else at a very low cost. He earn so much from all of us, but don抰 even allow us to photocopy studies documents in school even when we said we will pay.
Students do not want to work for Sonny Chann because the work he assigns is not accounting related and we are students we just want to pass our exams. Then he makes bigger lie. He tells international students he will get Work Permit for them but they have to work for N2P2 first. Long work hours, no CPF, and low variable hourly pay instead of monthly fixed. Sonny Chann was lying so much because he did not have the headcount to employ under Work Permit. Later on, we found that the Singapore Manpower Ministry raided the school and caught some students working. Sonny Chann cooked up some excuse and recruited externally to appease the Ministry. But later on, the new staff quit and we still receive mass email from Sonny Chann requesting us to apply to work for him even though he knows so many of us are under student pass and cannot work. Students are also not willing to work for him because he can appear to be friendly at your face, but say the shit of you behind your back after you slogged hours for him while foregoing own studies. He is the one to always bug else threathen students to work and then treat students like dogs.
With some of his existing and teachers who had left, Sonny Chann knows he pays them little. The lecturers tell us Sonny Chann offered them shares, when N2P2 is not even listed. He likes to delay payment for lecturers even when he pays them very little. He lied to many of the lecturers that the school is worth over three million based on the student headcount and that he would give them a cut once he sells the school. Maybe that is why three few na飗e ones stayed. They are not celebrity teachers in their own field anyway.
In fact, there is this ex lecturer at N2P2 that is sadly sacrificed because of Sonny Chan抯 bullshit. Sonny Chann begged Mr Teoh to teach at a low fee. Mr Teoh was his student and somehow felt obliged to agree. But when Sonny Chann suspected that Mr Teoh was after the same female student as he was, he sacked Mr Teoh on the pretext that a Caucasian student accuse Teoh of bad lecturing. As Mr Teoh is from a extremely rich family, Sonny Chann still fakes a brotherhood with Mr Teoh but often telling us in lectures that Mr Teoh is stupid to buy a first hand Mercedes and purchases off cheap cartier watch from him. We are students, we are not interested in his stupid gossips with other lecturers in class.
Sonny Chann likes to imagine that he is very popular and well liked by everybody. Even more so when he made all of us sing for his school under the tune of 搉obody?and recorded the video, along side with interviews of students to make himself look good. It took one entire afternoon to record his stupid song and he never give us replacement class for that.
As Sonny Chann was too cheapskate and sick in mind to only want to play with his iphone and ipad all day long, many of the student pass renewal were neglected. At meetings with Singapore immigrations department, Sonny Chann would then lie that the students forgot to submit the forms even though he had the forms long before date due. When international students are forced to pay a late fine because of his lie, he pretends it is not his problem.
Some of the students ask him why he want to only employ own students. He said 搒o that I can have maximum control and they will not run away.?#160; He also say he do not like to employ Singaporean because Singaporean more expensive and international students he can pay cheap for more work. When we ask him why he don抰 go be NUS or NTU lecturer since he does not like managing his school, he said 揵ecause I want to be in control of everything. If I go NTU NUS, I cannot go eat or disappear or even go dating whenever I please.?/P> In class, Sonny Chann likes to brag about what he owns. It includes his iphone, his small condominium at parkwest, his ipad, his rolexs off forums and his second hand Mercedes c class. He told us he likes to buy shares so that his wife does not really know where his real cash is. He likes to show off that his shirts are from CYC but sometimes he smells bad in class and it is really pointless. His bad habit of rinsing his mouth with Listerine every hour does not help that we still see he has very bad teeth. It is already bad enough classes always start late and end early, he also disappears all the time after patronizing us with long practice questions to do. We want full 3 hours lectures like in other schools!
How bad is his character? Very bad. He had a landed property in woodlands. He tell us he kept a german shepherd and a Doberman and he likes big dogs because big dogs can only be kept in landed property and he can afford that. But he also told us, later on, he give up the dogs because they scratched his car tyres. He said he gave up the dogs to a friend. But from a staff who used to work for him, Sonny Chann at one point in time was making a lot of calls to animal shelters on how to 揹ispose off big dogs that he found on the streets? I think the dogs were chipped. Maybe he dig the chips out with his bare hands just to dispose off the dogs he don抰 like.
Sonny Chann has man boobs and wearing tight tees make it extremely hard for us not to notice the protruding 揵reasts? We hope he gets a bra.The worst thing is, he always claim he is a classy person, yet when he eats in the class like he always do, he munches on food like there is no tomorrow and picks his teeth right at our face. This is not a personal attack against him, but Sonny Chann, as a lecturer and principal of a school should be more image and morally conscious and not make all of us feel like he is a pimp for his own school.
We leave our countries to come to Singapore to study because we think it is a fair and stable country. But why Singapore allow this kind of lousy school to run business on the pretext of education provider? Even more so embarrassing that the purity of the country is tainted by a new citizen who forsakes his original country.
A student

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Last edited: