• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

There goes 'Chinese Idol'

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal
0,,6194552,00.jpg

There goes 'Chinese Idol'

Is this an Olympic scandal?

When pigtailed Lin Miaoke, a darling 9-year-old veteran of Chinese TV commercials, was singing "Ode to the Motherland" during the opening ceremony, it turns out she was lip-synching while another girl, 7-year-old Yang Peiyi -- who isn't quite as cute -- was doing the actual singing.

It was ordered by an unnamed member of the Politburo, said music director Chen Qigang, who felt he had "to come out with the truth."

"The little girl is a magnificent singer," Chen said. "She doesn't deserve to be hidden."

Neither girl, by the way, seemed to have a problem with it.

Last edited:

Microsoft

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
So... oredi noe 2 thing is cheong... the little girl n the firework... Wat else? Maybe the LKY and Bush we saw on tv oso cheong 1 too?? :biggrin::biggrin::p

omega

Alfrescian
Loyal
I doubt the US will do such thing ...they would just have let ulgy Yang Peiyi go on stage :biggrin:

splintuh

Alfrescian
Loyal
hmmm which one the one lip sync or the hidden one?

The one with the nicer set of teeth on the right was the lip sync-er.
[ Angular chin, perfect molars, long flowing locks ]
vs
[ Chubby, crooked teeth, short crop of hair ]

Personally I think they're both pretty cute. Wouldn't have made much of a difference to me. But now i'd like to hear the lip sync-er sing... wonder how wide the talent gap was.