• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious The strange animal that is the Auditor General’s office of Singapore

McDonaldsKid

Alfrescian
Loyal
If I am not wrong high ranking civil servants are sent to AGO as the last stop of their tour of duty. They probably just spend their time chilling there.

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Was he an asshole back then like he is now?

He was a good individual then.
Is he a "bad" senior civil servant?
Without any knowledge of his academic results, I supposed I was surprised with who was selected as SAFOS for 1975 and 1976.

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
The pap govt under LHL has condoned bad decisions and bad diligence. This attitude has resulted in VB's many mistakes. When will he be sacked?

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
He was a good individual then.
Is he a "bad" senior civil servant?
Without any knowledge of his academic results, I supposed I was surprised with who was selected as SAFOS for 1975 and 1976.

Are u asking a rhetorical question? An Auditor General who is not qualified but happily accepts his multi million $ salary and white washes the audits. U tell me whether he is bad civil servant.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
Are u asking a rhetorical question? An Auditor General who is not qualified but happily accepts his multi million $ salary and white washes the audits. U tell me whether he is bad civil servant.

That begs the question. Auditors are aplenty, but can you find one that is a general too? :rolleyes:

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

That may or may not be bad.
Granted that he is not a professional accountant, he should decline such an appointment.
But as the Auditor General, I am sure there are many professional accountants at the Auditor General Office who are able and qualified to perform the audits.
He may have to review the final draft audit report(s).

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
That may or may not be bad.
Granted that he is not a professional accountant, he should decline such an appointment.
But as the Auditor General, I am sure there are many professional accountants at the Auditor General Office who are able and qualified to perform the audits.
He may have to review the final draft audit report(s).

that is just like saying that desmond kuek, totally unqualified to run SMRT should be fine because he has qualified engineers and managers working for him? That is totally stupid logic.

Kuailan

Alfrescian
Loyal
PAP jus swept it under carpet again,year in year out..now they have to establish an agency dedicated to covering the dirty tracks

Papaya gahmen is a real laughing stock WP $7000.00 contract offered to
contractor without bidding Papaya MP and Ministers making noise day in day out
as though WP committed a Damn Criminal Offence!!

Whereas their Dust Bin affair cost $470K and design fee cost a staggering $410K
our DisGrace Minister saying its a complex job wtf!! 87% of the cost how to justify?? If this happened to be WP project finished lah...the whole Papaya battalion will whacked WP upside down, inside out!! Day and night..Shitty Times will Leeport front page for a few days!!

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

our DisGrace Minister saying its a complex job wtf!! 87% of the cost how to justify?? If this happened to be WP project finished lah...the whole Papaya battalion will whacked WP upside down, inside out!! Day and night..Shitty Times will Leeport front page for a few days!!

70% gong cheebye ask for this. Its up to the 30% to save them from themselves.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal

Of course. Morning you eat the $2 prawn mee, ingredients very cheap like 50 cent, dun see you complain why hawker earn $1.50 per bowl? :rolleyes:

Hans168

Alfrescian
Loyal
That's exactly what i have said, all kuching kurak small fry shit. All they have to do is audit PA to see where all the money came from for the durian junkets and how much got leaked out to PAP crassloot orgs and that will keep the busy for months. Imagine $14 billion of MINDEF budget is not touched for audit by this AGO. what a joke.

CPIB another joke for not turning in any papigs esp the powerful ones

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
CPIB another joke for not turning in any papigs esp the powerful ones

CPIB under PMO mah. They must check first with the PeeM before they even use the toilet. When Old Fart was around, the CPIB was feared. Even ministers like Teh Chenag wan, they dare to go after. Now, its a pussy cat.

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
BB best example -MP from party commit so called "indiscretion" -still elect another guy from same party.
So Party not only not held accountable (for selecting wrong guy) but still can praise former MP.

Want to change things must change political party first-but 70% easily satisfied with part time MP and things like walkways and linkways, never mind frequent train breakdowns and unreported (till Hongkie revelation) cracks, billions of losses by tummysick, Hepatitis death from negligence ect.

jw5

Loyal
BB best example -MP from party commit so called "indiscretion" -still elect another guy from same party.
So Party not only not held accountable (for selecting wrong guy) but still can praise former MP.

Want to change things must change political party first-but 70% easily satisfied with part time MP and things like walkways and linkways, never mind frequent train breakdowns and unreported (till Hongkie revelation) cracks, billions of losses by tummysick, Hepatitis death from negligence ect.

50% of the 70% are impressionable and easily manipulated. The other 50% suffer from delusions of grandeur. :biggrin:

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Based on his CV, he was with the SAF from about 1974 to 1982.
That probably includes the three or four years, that he studied at Cambridge U.
Based on eight years, I speculate that he may risen to LTC.
After 1982, he was absorbed into the Administrative Service.
Any one here, served in the same unit as him?