• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The Holocaust began because words of hate went unchallenged

guy2100

Alfrescian
Loyal

Dvir Abramovich
December 11, 2008
ANTI-SEMITISM often comes from the most unlikely source, such as Australian teenagers at two prestigious private schools who thought it was a "big in-joke" to create a Facebook site called "Jew Parking Appreciation Group" — described as an activity that occurs at "Bellevue (Jew) Hill".

The site was established and managed by students from Sydney's Scots College and by one from Kambala School for Girls. It was linked to another network set up and run by Scots College students with postings such as "Support Holocaust denial", "Jew Rats", "F---- Mercedes Jews" and a link to another internet address called "F--- Israel and Their Holocaust Bullshit".

One of the students involved in this shameful episode defended the network by saying that he and the other 51 participants had Jewish friends. Are you shaking with disbelief?

This is not an isolated incident. Last year, players from the McKinnon and Beaumaris cricket clubs posted anti-Semitic remarks against a Jewish sports organisation on a Facebook site called "FU AJAX Cricket Club". Comments referred to Jewish players as human goats, with one contributor writing "AJAX should have won easily but they nearly choked, probably on gas". Another member, the self-described Deputy Vice-President in charge of Holocaust References wrote that AJAX should install a "f------ ing Rheem" while another observed that, "being of German heritage, I think I need to apologise for (AJAX Cricket Club) to still be in existence, my grandparents tried to get them all … but it's easier said than done when they are walking around in sewers trying to find change".

Every reader should now ask themselves: from whom did these teenagers learn these troubling attitudes? If you are a parent, alarm bells should go off along with the question: Do my children hold similar views?

This latest unsettling occurrence unfolded in a week when an official report revealed that in the past year Australian-Jews were the victims of a record 652 anti-Semitic incidents, almost double the average of the past 18 months. The report said that "the combined number of incidents involving physical assault, property damage and direct, face-to-face harassment was almost three times the previous average".

Last month, the world commemorated the 70th anniversary of Kristallnacht — the Night of Broken Glass — a 24-hour spree of destruction that marked the beginning of the Holocaust that resulted in the extermination of six million Jews. Yet, two weeks earlier, in a Richmond Primary School, a project displayed in a classroom wall stated that Hitler was "one of the many great things about Germany". It was written by a grade 1 pupil as part of the child's work on German culture. Also featured on the board was a swastika. Neither the teachers nor the principal found any fault with the poster and project and did not remove it.

Consider that young Australians would have learned on Wednesday that a political group compared South Australia's anti-bikie laws to the Nazi persecution of Jews. And in October they may have heard that a Wollongong Baptist minister said that Jews will suffer a fate "worse than the Holocaust" because they don't accept Jesus.

Words do matter. The Holocaust did not begin with the bricks and mortar of Auschwitz, but with words that dehumanised the Jews and other minorities and enabled their annihilation. Auschwitz, the largest cemetery in the world, happened because of centuries of anti-Semitism and the inaction of bystanders. Glossing over these uncomfortable issues is not an option.

Last month, the Scottish Government provided $450,000 for school pupils to visit Nazi concentration camps, recognising the importance of Holocaust education. Several countries now mandate Holocaust education as part of the general school curriculum, using it to promote respect and to teach students to stand up and speak out when they see something wrong as well as to stick up for others when they are being persecuted or vilified.

The Federal Government must now act. If we had national Holocaust education, then maybe former national goalkeeping great Mark Bosnich would not have given the Hitler salute while playing for Aston Villa and Australian soccer player Andre Gumprecht would not have shown up at a party dressed as Hitler.

Families also have a role to play in fighting prejudice. When racism causes children to ridicule others, good parents rise up against it and engender a healthy discussion about values. They equip their children with the attitude that judges people based on their integrity and inner qualities, not their religion or ethnic background. Parents also need to watch what they say in front of children, especially when they are angry.

Anti-Semitism has proven to be the most enduring hatred of the 20th century. Only with a legacy of appreciation of all human beings, repeated over and over at home and schools, will our children combat and prevent discrimination and bias whenever it is encountered. This is a cause worth fighting for.

Dr Dvir Abramovich is director of Jewish studies at the University of Melbourne and an anti-racism educator

i_am_belle

Alfrescian
Loyal
anybody knows where to make a red nazi flag with a black swastika ? i wanna hang it in my living room ... :smile:

ashkenazi jews, with their turkish/middle eastern ugly looks are the descendents of the holocaust survivors, living in the USA ... the largest infestation is in Jew York ...

suffering from the financial crisis ? yeah the AJs have grabbed all your money and ran ... caused the collapse of iceland's economy bcos the population of iceland are mostly celtic/nordic whites - the beautiful golden men & women of the north ... so jews hate them ... and are jealous of them ...

AJs are overjoyed by the collapse of the motor industry viz ford - bcos ford is a white american company ...

s'pore guys wanna know why your girlfren/wife is so hard to handle ? jewish feminists have control over the world of publishing & media & influenced many many women, and many asian women, to embrace feminism & reject men ... there you are ! the Ajs are behind all that family strife ur having ... they are a danger to family harmony :mad:

many jewish women are feminists bcos theirs is a matrilineal culture where the women wear the pants in the house, so to speak ...

don't be mistaken - the nazis are not against asians, africans etc ... bcos these groups are mostly of pure racial stock ... nazis hate the mongrels of eastern europe called jews ... thank heavens for the holocaust bcos without it, there would be many more of these mongrels prowling the earth and causing trouble wherever they go ...

there are no jews in s'pore, at least they are not a visible minority, so they have not personally offended me - BUT I HATE IT THAT EACH TIME I SWITCH ON THE TV, ESP CH 5, I SEE FREAKING JEWS JEWS JEWS ! IM SICK & TIRED OF SEEING JEWISH FACES 24/7 !! :mad: :mad:

don't be tricked by the cunning & conniving AJs ... (note - im against the AJs, not the isrealis) ... beware of the AJs bcos they're out to cause trouble among all the people of the world ! (

Last edited:

i_am_belle

Alfrescian
Loyal
don't say i didnt warn u all ... :(

they will cause financial hardship, racial strife, political crisis, environmental upsets ...

• cause global warming so the whites will get skin cancer & perish ...
  • they're the real mafia but blame it on the italians ...
  • they're the real txrrxrists but blame it on the moslems ...
  • widespread poisoning of foodstuff & let the chinese take the blame ...

:mad:

u all need to open your eyes and look ... not everything is what it seems on the surface ...

don't say i didnt warn u abt the AJs ...

AJs are racially white, but not quite there *grin* ... bcos no matter what they do, they can't get rid of that strange syrian/moroccon/turkish look on their faces ... so they have a chip on their shoulder for centuries & centuries ...

first to bah mitzvah and then to the plastic surgeon's for a nose-job - is not an uncommon practice among AJ teenagers ... :biggrin:

that hook nose will always set them apart from the real whites ...

that brown brunette hair, brown eyes, and not-quite-translucent skin ... is their heartache ... they have the gall to promote the likes of julia roberts as a pretty woman ... so that the jewish look becomes the ideal american look ... the real whites will not be deceived, but im afraid that many asians would, asians who watch hollywood stuff, like myself when i was younger and thought that -mann, -berg, -stein ... were actual german names :(

see the deception ?? :o

khunking

Alfrescian
Loyal
Are you trying to say that Jesus was not a caucasian? The caucasians will freak out.

don't say i didnt warn u all ... :(

they will cause financial hardship, racial strife, political crisis, environmental upsets ...

• cause global warming so the whites will get skin cancer & perish ...
  • they're the real mafia but blame it on the italians ...
  • they're the real txrrxrists but blame it on the moslems ...
  • widespread poisoning of foodstuff & let the chinese take the blame ...

:mad:

u all need to open your eyes and look ... not everything is what it seems on the surface ...

don't say i didnt warn u abt the AJs ...

AJs are racially white, but not quite there *grin* ... bcos no matter what they do, they can't get rid of that strange syrian/moroccon/turkish look on their faces ... so they have a chip on their shoulder for centuries & centuries ...

first to bah mitzvah and then to the plastic surgeon's for a nose-job - is not an uncommon practice among AJ teenagers ... :biggrin:

that hook nose will always set them apart from the real whites ...

that brown brunette hair, brown eyes, and not-quite-translucent skin ... is their heartache ... they have the gall to promote the likes of julia roberts as a pretty woman ... so that the jewish look becomes the ideal american look ... the real whites will not be deceived, but im afraid that many asians would, asians who watch hollywood stuff, like myself when i was younger and thought that -mann, -berg, -stein ... were actual german names :(

see the deception ?? :o