• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The case for depriving your child (or even yourself) of a smartphone

micromachine

Lieutenant General
Loyal
For to the one who has, more will be given, and from the one who has not, even what he has will be taken away. (Mark 4:25)

Smartphone technology is a double-edged sword; it is neither completely evil nor completely beneficial. More and more, I see around me the evidence of a growing inequality — and not just in income.

Examining myself and the people around me, I have come to the conclusion that smartphones are only making the success-and-achievement gap larger. For people who can delay gratification (read about the psychological principle here and here), the smartphone is the path to greater knowledge and power. For people who are victim to their strongest urges, the smartphone is a drug that never fully satisfies. This results in the powerful becoming more powerful, and the weak becoming weaker.

Several successful people I know are heavy smartphone users. They use their devices to make cheap conference calls, to send fast email replies, and to challenge their minds via ebooks or online lectures. On the flip side, we are all too familiar with the potential pitfalls of technology, from the candy crush addict who spends thousands of dollars on the game, to the television zombie who exists almost solely for the rush of prepackaged entertainment — I am victim to the too-much-internet disease at times.

More at The case for depriving your child (or even yourself) of a smartphone

Match

Alfrescian
Loyal
For to the one who has, more will be given, and from the one who has not, even what he has will be taken away. (Mark 4:25)

Smartphone technology is a double-edged sword; it is neither completely evil nor completely beneficial. More and more, I see around me the evidence of a growing inequality — and not just in income.

Examining myself and the people around me, I have come to the conclusion that smartphones are only making the success-and-achievement gap larger. For people who can delay gratification (read about the psychological principle here and here), the smartphone is the path to greater knowledge and power. For people who are victim to their strongest urges, the smartphone is a drug that never fully satisfies. This results in the powerful becoming more powerful, and the weak becoming weaker.

Several successful people I know are heavy smartphone users. They use their devices to make cheap conference calls, to send fast email replies, and to challenge their minds via ebooks or online lectures. On the flip side, we are all too familiar with the potential pitfalls of technology, from the candy crush addict who spends thousands of dollars on the game, to the television zombie who exists almost solely for the rush of prepackaged entertainment — I am victim to the too-much-internet disease at times.

More at The case for depriving your child (or even yourself) of a smartphone

Then go backwards to use 2g phones.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Only draft and stupid sinkies believe in this,they believe hard work, depriving themselves and suffering now will bring them great rewards in future,when the truth is their pig masters are now gorging upon the fruits of their labour and the promise of more good years ahead never comes.

Ambulance

Alfrescian
Loyal
halo lim beh cha tau ki siang dua gong

6a0120a626531c970b0120a7168cb9970b-500wi

Then go backwards to use 2g phones.

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
anyhow quote bible verse.

it means faith in Christ!

not smartphones and haves and have nots. :biggrin:

So this one means what "For to the one who has, more will be given, and from the one who has not, even what he has will be taken away. (Mark 4:25)"?

If you don't believe in Jesus, we will take everything away from you?