• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The burden of Singaporeans if opposition wins seats at this GE

wikiphile

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Then Lee Hsien Long would have to spend extra time and effort to 'fix' the opposition in parliament! :eek:

That means he would be justified to ask for a one million dollar increment to his salary for doing extra work! :biggrin::confused:

seebaysong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually, oppositions will make PAP's job lighter... These jokers too narrow minded, dunno how to think laterally :biggrin:

Shi Jin

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually, oppositions will make PAP's job lighter... These jokers too narrow minded, dunno how to think laterally :biggrin:

Inbred mentality. The problem may lie in their recruitment methods. Some how just seems to get people who cannot think outside of the box.

ah_phah

Alfrescian
Loyal
well, if the incumbent is stripped from power, fall from grace. the nation will be saving billions on their absurd salaries. that big amount of savings can be redistributed to improve the lives, set in place more legit subsidies & benefits for our lives.

what burden r we talking about? i think the burden is greatly lightened.

wikiphile

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
well, if the incumbent is stripped from power, fall from grace. the nation will be saving billions on their absurd salaries. that big amount of savings can be redistributed to improve the lives, set in place more legit subsidies & benefits for our lives.

what burden r we talking about? i think the burden is greatly lightened.

i fear you and i will have to contribute more in taxes to fund ah loong's new duties :biggrin:

Oh well, let him have fun fixing the opposition then!

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
As long as the seats doesn't go over 30% it shouldn't matter. How many goes in PAP just want to scare U.

Debonerman

Alfrescian
Loyal
As long as the seats doesn't go over 30% it shouldn't matter. How many goes in PAP just want to scare U.

Lee Kuan Yew had once said his Government ie. He. Lord God almighty had put in place a solid efficient Civil Service that will continue to run the country in the event[to him unfortunate of course] of a takeover by any Opposition!

wikiphile

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

how many % of the seats falls to opposition not yours or mine call to make, i will do my part to vote in the men in blue and yours in white, may the best party wins!

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
PM LHL worry he win less than 2/3 of the seat. Then what ever he bring up in Parliament. He need to convince MP to vote for the bill.

Bigfuck

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
PM LHL worry he win less than 2/3 of the seat. Then what ever he bring up in Parliament. He need to convince MP to vote for the bill.

That is what we are looking for. 55 PAP 45 Oppo is best. Then he really has to utilize the best of his best to formulate policy strategies. Problem is he will look stupid after that.

yellow_people

Alfrescian
Loyal
Then Lee Hsien Long would have to spend extra time and effort to 'fix' the opposition in parliament! :eek:

That means he would be justified to ask for a one million dollar increment to his salary for doing extra work! :biggrin::confused:

Rubbish. What LHL meant was Opposition wards will have to fend for themselves as far as managing municipals go. You can't have both sides of your bread buttered. This is precisely why Ah Beng is held in contempt.

I waited fucking 4 hours for coward Beng to show up last night and it was a complete let down. Fucking Chink arseholes.. how do you plan on liberating yourselves when you have no fucking balls?

-

Lestat

Alfrescian
Loyal
That is what we are looking for. 55 PAP 45 Oppo is best. Then he really has to utilize the best of his best to formulate policy strategies. Problem is he will look stupid after that.

I'm pretty curious about this scenario. If 55 seats to PAP and 45 seats to opposition parties, when it comes to passing bills, amendments and laws, what is the % required to do so, and if blocked, what role does the president do?

Does the prataman has the right to veto the block? :confused:

karmabear

Alfrescian
Loyal
The army will be called in and you and I will be activated to shoot down our mother father brother and sisters that have voted for the opposition. And if you can't do that, the Gurkhas will do it for you.

eQuipment

Alfrescian
Loyal
few ways to anticipate the polling results.

1. lightning party gets poorer than expected results but still form the ruling party. so they will inject many of their croonies to fill as many applicable of the 18 NMP seats, and they will suddenly change the constitution to allocate more privileges to their backup singers in the NMP seats.

2. lightning party takes less than ½ of the seats and is forced into a position to initiate coalition governance with the strongest opposition in the house. to which, the opposition declines, and then, the nation goes into another round of election.

3. lightning party sacked for the 1st time in the history of sg political arena, opposition take over the reigns to push the reset button, to undo all the wrongs that the runaway train is headed. and soon, sgporeans find the ability to smile again.

there's no denying that when there are major shifts & restructuring, there will be need to break things down, and reconstruct accordingly. there's no denying that there will be some pain/ struggles/ discomfort during the restructuring, but for a better future... its all worth it.

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If opposition win 9 seat or more then there will be no NCMPs. So can save tax payer money.
It will reduce cost of parliament and maintenance for the extra 9 seat.