• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Thank you President Halimah for exceeding my expectations

chittychitty

Alfrescian
Loyal
Reserved President Halimah has in fact met – probably exceeded – Singaporeans’ expectations and we should not continue to deny this.

This depends on what was one’s expectations and for me it isn’t difficult to state positively that my expectations were exceeded.

After Halimah was selected as President, I expected her to not question PAP on the use of our reserves. She was totally silent.

At the President’s Star Charity, Halimah also managed to convince Singaporeans that she was overworked despite many still believing that she’s overpaid. She left me deeply impressed with her wayang.

It1yts0.png

More at https://tinyurI.com/yc4xn9yq

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
With respect, other than her being the former Speaker of the Parliament of Singapore, and becoming the President, based on the "reserved election", I wonder what made her eligible to be the President of the Republic of Singapore.
Based on the little that I know and read online, it appears that she has very little experience as a business person, or the required financial, managerial, operational expertise of any individual who is or has been a CEO of a major public (listed) corporation.
Therefore, other than being the Speaker of the Parliament, and may be being considered a Malay, she should not be the President.
Is this fair and just, or even appropriate for a secular Republic of Singapore, and Singaporeans?
More so, when the PAP has had a very significant majority (more than 2/3, more than 3/4) of the MP's in Parliament, which allows the PAP to amend the Constitution, whenever the PAP considers it to fit its own agenda or otherwise.
If the PAP has had such a very significant majority in Parliament, morally, the PAP should have clearly stated that it intends to amend the Constitution (re: reserved Presidential elections) during the 2015 General Elections.

Leckmichamarsch

Alfrescian
Loyal
With respect, other than her being the former Speaker of the Parliament of Singapore, and becoming the President, based on the "reserved election", I wonder what made her eligible to be the President of the Republic of Singapore.
Based on the little that I know and read online, it appears that she has very little experience as a business person, or the required financial, managerial, operational expertise of any individual who is or has been a CEO of a major public (listed) corporation.
Therefore, other than being the Speaker of the Parliament, and may be being considered a Malay, she should not be the President.
Is this fair and just, or even appropriate for a secular Republic of Singapore, and Singaporeans?
More so, when the PAP has had a very significant majority (more than 2/3, more than 3/4) of the MP's in Parliament, which allows the PAP to amend the Constitution, whenever the PAP considers it to fit its own agenda or otherwise.
If the PAP has had such a very significant majority in Parliament, morally, the PAP should have clearly stated that it intends to amend the Constitution (re: reserved Presidential elections) during the 2015 General Elections.

she was the rookie CASE lawyer who wrote a secondary school level letter to my carpenter re bad work n service.....carpenter told her to fuckoff!!