• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Stupid Brits rescue dogs not Afghans!

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politic...ded-hope-airlift-afghanistan-shelter-animals/

Afghanistan: Mission to rescue evacuees 'diverted' by bid to save animals, says Ben Wallace​

Defence Secretary said to have expressed frustration that row over evacuating dogs and cats took up military's time and resources

British military efforts to evacuate people from Afghanistan have been “diverted” because of the attempts to rescue animals being cared for by a former Royal Marine, the Defence Secretary has claimed.
Ben Wallace is said to have expressed his frustration that a row over evacuating an animal charity’s staff and 200 dogs and cats had diverted resources away from helping to save thousands of civilian staff and Afghans, who otherwise risk vengeance from the Taliban.
The row centres around the Nowzad animal shelter in Kabul, which was founded by Paul Farthing, known as Pen, after serving in the Army in Afghanistan in the mid-2000s.
Following the fall of the country to the Taliban, Mr Farthing has been campaigning to have his Afghan staff, their families, 140 dogs and 60 cats evacuated from Kabul’s airport.
Earlier this week, he secured 68 visas for them to come to the UK. But his supporters alleged that the plan risked being derailed on Tuesday when Ben Wallace, the Defence Secretary, said that animals should not take priority over thousands of people trying to escape Kabul on RAF flights.

However, hours later Mr Wallace announced that if Mr Farthing arrived at the airport with his staff and animals, officials would seek to facilitate their departure aboard a chartered aircraft being funded by private donations.
Supporters of the charity on Wednesday said they believed the Prime Minister and his wife Carrie Johnson, a vocal animal rights activist, may have played a role in convincing the Defence Secretary to drop his opposition to the evacuation plans however Downing Street and defence sources strongly rejected these claims.

send @BorisJohnson some❤️he has approved Operation Ark. He needs support to force @JoeBiden to keep that air corridor open. The G7 meets Tuesday. Boris needs YOU. Message every official in the US to keep the air corridor open. We still have people the ground! #OperationArk pic.twitter.com/LBFAypIiQp
— Pen Farthing (@PenFarthing) August 23, 2021

Johnny Mercer, the former veterans minister who served in Afghanistan, Sara Britcliffe, the MP for Hyndburn, and Neil Parish, the MP for Tiverton, whose constituency is home to Nowzad's UK address, are also said to have pushed for the Government to help the charity.
Multiple Whitehall sources confirmed to The Telegraph that Trudy Harrison, the Prime Minister’s parliamentary private secretary, had been closely involved in the discussions.
On Wednesday night Foreign Office sources confirmed that members of Nowzad staff had been called forward and asked to make their way to the Baron hotel in Kabul, from which they are expected to proceed to the airport.

Downing Street have denied that Carrie Johnson and the Prime Minister were involved in discussions over Pen Farthing and his charity’s return to the UK

Downing Street have denied that Carrie Johnson and the Prime Minister were involved in discussions over Pen Farthing and his charity’s return to the UK Credit: Leon Neal - WPA Pool/Getty Images
According to Sky News, Mr Wallace made his frustrations clear during a call with MPs on Wednesday afternoon, during which he claimed the controversy had led to soldiers in Kabul being diverted to dealing with the charity.
“What I can tell you, and it is a bit upsetting, is that I have soldiers on the ground who have been diverted from saving those people because of inaccurate stories, inaccurate lobbying that have diverted that resource,” he is reported to have said.
“And that is not something I would be proud of, and I've been very straight and consistent throughout.
"What I was not prepared to do is prioritise pets over people, I'm afraid you might dislike me for that but that's my view, there are also some very, very desperate people under real threat."
Mr Wallace went on to state that if Mr Farthing arrived with the animals, the UK staff at the airport would seek permission from the US, which is currently controlling the runway, for them to land a chartered aircraft to proceed with the evacuation.
However, he warned that if the plane did not arrive the “simple reality is that we can't put the animals on the RAF plane.”

Animals will face four-month quarantine​

Mr Farthing has previously said the animals would be transported in the aircraft’s hold and that, once his staff were accommodated, any spare seats on the plane could be filled by other people cleared for passage by UK authorities, with the flight able to take 250 passengers in total.
Defra officials have now helped facilitate kennels for the animals, which must undergo four months of quarantine should they make it to the UK due to the risk of foreign diseases including rabies.
Campaigners involved in the rescue mission have also claimed that George Eustice, the Environment Secretary, had been helpful in ensuring the animals were able to come to the UK.
The claims were not denied by Defra, although sources insisted that the priority was “biosecurity” and that contingency plans had been drawn up to ensure there were “adequate” spaces for the animals.
On Wednesday, Dominic Dyer, an animal welfare campaigner who has helped promote Nowzad’s campaign, told The Telegraph that supporters had already been inundated with offers to adopt the animals when they arrived in the UK.
He said there were currently “about 100 people” expressing interest in adopting a dog for every one available.

countryman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Maybe the Afghans didn't wanna board the plane together with the dogs... As u know, dogs are taboo to many from Islam...:wink:

Last edited:

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
they smart......why save Afghans that will rape and murder Brits back home ?

a dog saves lives.......heck, saving a rat is better than saving Afghans........
The west sent planes to retrieve Afghans
But left hongkies to fend for themselves. Do you want to know why?

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Afghan hounds are obviously more important than Afghans. They look a lot better too.

1630200960458.png

sghainanlee

Alfrescian
Loyal
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politic...ded-hope-airlift-afghanistan-shelter-animals/

Afghanistan: Mission to rescue evacuees 'diverted' by bid to save animals, says Ben Wallace​

Defence Secretary said to have expressed frustration that row over evacuating dogs and cats took up military's time and resources

British military efforts to evacuate people from Afghanistan have been “diverted” because of the attempts to rescue animals being cared for by a former Royal Marine, the Defence Secretary has claimed.
Ben Wallace is said to have expressed his frustration that a row over evacuating an animal charity’s staff and 200 dogs and cats had diverted resources away from helping to save thousands of civilian staff and Afghans, who otherwise risk vengeance from the Taliban.
The row centres around the Nowzad animal shelter in Kabul, which was founded by Paul Farthing, known as Pen, after serving in the Army in Afghanistan in the mid-2000s.
Following the fall of the country to the Taliban, Mr Farthing has been campaigning to have his Afghan staff, their families, 140 dogs and 60 cats evacuated from Kabul’s airport.
Earlier this week, he secured 68 visas for them to come to the UK. But his supporters alleged that the plan risked being derailed on Tuesday when Ben Wallace, the Defence Secretary, said that animals should not take priority over thousands of people trying to escape Kabul on RAF flights.

However, hours later Mr Wallace announced that if Mr Farthing arrived at the airport with his staff and animals, officials would seek to facilitate their departure aboard a chartered aircraft being funded by private donations.
Supporters of the charity on Wednesday said they believed the Prime Minister and his wife Carrie Johnson, a vocal animal rights activist, may have played a role in convincing the Defence Secretary to drop his opposition to the evacuation plans however Downing Street and defence sources strongly rejected these claims.

Johnny Mercer, the former veterans minister who served in Afghanistan, Sara Britcliffe, the MP for Hyndburn, and Neil Parish, the MP for Tiverton, whose constituency is home to Nowzad's UK address, are also said to have pushed for the Government to help the charity.
Multiple Whitehall sources confirmed to The Telegraph that Trudy Harrison, the Prime Minister’s parliamentary private secretary, had been closely involved in the discussions.
On Wednesday night Foreign Office sources confirmed that members of Nowzad staff had been called forward and asked to make their way to the Baron hotel in Kabul, from which they are expected to proceed to the airport.

Downing Street have denied that Carrie Johnson and the Prime Minister were involved in discussions over Pen Farthing and his charity’s return to the UK

Downing Street have denied that Carrie Johnson and the Prime Minister were involved in discussions over Pen Farthing and his charity’s return to the UK Credit: Leon Neal - WPA Pool/Getty Images
According to Sky News, Mr Wallace made his frustrations clear during a call with MPs on Wednesday afternoon, during which he claimed the controversy had led to soldiers in Kabul being diverted to dealing with the charity.
“What I can tell you, and it is a bit upsetting, is that I have soldiers on the ground who have been diverted from saving those people because of inaccurate stories, inaccurate lobbying that have diverted that resource,” he is reported to have said.
“And that is not something I would be proud of, and I've been very straight and consistent throughout.
"What I was not prepared to do is prioritise pets over people, I'm afraid you might dislike me for that but that's my view, there are also some very, very desperate people under real threat."
Mr Wallace went on to state that if Mr Farthing arrived with the animals, the UK staff at the airport would seek permission from the US, which is currently controlling the runway, for them to land a chartered aircraft to proceed with the evacuation.
However, he warned that if the plane did not arrive the “simple reality is that we can't put the animals on the RAF plane.”

Animals will face four-month quarantine​

Mr Farthing has previously said the animals would be transported in the aircraft’s hold and that, once his staff were accommodated, any spare seats on the plane could be filled by other people cleared for passage by UK authorities, with the flight able to take 250 passengers in total.
Defra officials have now helped facilitate kennels for the animals, which must undergo four months of quarantine should they make it to the UK due to the risk of foreign diseases including rabies.
Campaigners involved in the rescue mission have also claimed that George Eustice, the Environment Secretary, had been helpful in ensuring the animals were able to come to the UK.
The claims were not denied by Defra, although sources insisted that the priority was “biosecurity” and that contingency plans had been drawn up to ensure there were “adequate” spaces for the animals.
On Wednesday, Dominic Dyer, an animal welfare campaigner who has helped promote Nowzad’s campaign, told The Telegraph that supporters had already been inundated with offers to adopt the animals when they arrived in the UK.
He said there were currently “about 100 people” expressing interest in adopting a dog for every one available.

the lady very cheo