• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Stressed nurses quit hospitals for prostitution

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Stressed nurses quit hospitals for prostitution December 21, 2008 11:00pm

EXHAUSTED and demoralised nurses would rather work as prostitutes than in Queensland's crumbling hospitals, says one former registered nurse.

The mother of two with 10 years' experience as a registered nurse, who wanted to be known only as Jenna, has told how she and at least four of her colleagues have found new jobs working in brothels.

"We could no longer work in such an understaffed and stressful environment," she said.

"I was overworked, poorly paid and a mistake could have led to charges if I caused a death.

"I came to the conclusion the nursing shortage wasn't my problem but it was my responsibility to protect myself from burning out or making a fatal mistake."

Queensland Nurses Union assistant secretary Beth Mohle said the union was aware nurses were leaving the system due to workloads and burnout, and were experiencing record levels of frustration.

"A survey of nurses' attitudes undertaken last year found most nurses love nursing but hate their jobs," she said.

"There's a tension there that nurses feel they can't deliver the quality of nursing they want to."

She said based on population growth projections, Queensland would need an additional 16,000 nurses in the private, public and aged-care sectors by 2014.

"Queensland is already behind the rest of Australia in terms of registered nurse numbers and is over-represented in the unlicensed assistant-in-nursing category," Ms Mohle said.

"Of the 16,100 nursing assistants in Australia in 2006, Queensland had a massive 7300, or nearly 50 per cent. This points to a serious skill mix problem, as well as a numerical problem, within the Queensland nursing workforce."

The QNU survey also found 45 per cent of nurses had experienced workplace violence, which is more prevalent in the public and aged-care sectors than in the private sector. Jenna said violence was more of a concern in hospitals than in the sex industry.

"The security (at the brothel) is wonderful. We have buzzers in our room, there are bracelets we can request if you have a client you're a bit suspicious of."

Jenna said she had gone to great lengths to hide her new occupation from her family. "I wear my nurse's uniform to work, I carry my hospital ID. But when I get to work I change. There's a couple of others who do the same," she said.

Health Minister Stephen Robertson said it was disappointing some nurses were seeking alternative careers.

"Queensland nurses are now among the highest paid in Australia, having benefited from a 26 per cent wage increase since 2006," he said.

"This is one of the factors which has helped us to recruit an extra 5834 nurses since June 2005."

Jenna highlighted the "tiny tea-rooms" for nurses and the lack of recognition they received.

"After the Bali bomb blasts, the burns unit of the Royal Brisbane and Women's Hospital treated many additional patients. At the end, the doctor was given an award. The nurses got nothing," she said.

She also revealed how doctors at the RBWH referred to nurses as "Libra fleurs" - because they believed the floral tops of their uniforms resembled tampon boxes.

But Mr Robertson said the Government had created a "safe and supporting working environment for nurses".

"We'll continue to work ... to ensure we have a strong nursing workforce, equipped to give Queenslanders the first-class health care they expect and deserve," he said.

ahleebabasingaporethief

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore also have.

Chech the street walkers in Geylang.

Some will tell you they work as nurses here. No joke!

There are now even have Korean street walkers at geylang. I was shocked.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Oy, PR you seem to a have a knack of attention-grabbing headliner threads:p Talk about diff nursing care for those who are up and about, hehehe:wink:

VIBGYOR

Alfrescian
Loyal

"We could no longer work in such an understaffed and stressful environment," she said.

"I was overworked, poorly paid and a mistake could have led to charges if I caused a death.

"I came to the conclusion the nursing shortage wasn't my problem but it was my responsibility to protect myself from burning out or making a fatal mistake."

Queensland Nurses Union assistant secretary Beth Mohle said the union was aware nurses were leaving the system due to workloads and burnout, and were experiencing record levels of frustration.

how come they dun employ FTs, from SGP? :biggrin:

NZ Police employ FTs from SGP!! I wonder how it work out.

Last edited:

AvalanCh3

Alfrescian
Loyal
get paid by guys and got guy destress them why not?
being nurse and prositiude are the same cos they are about love, one side is giving love another side is making love.

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal
Is Sam leong going to comment on this?

I thought a lot of people said Australia is haven.

The truth is there is no perfect country, and every country has its problems.

Satan

Alfrescian
Loyal
So the next time I visit a brothel when in Queensland they could "nurse" me. heehee....

metalslug

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://newpaper.asia1.com.sg/news/story/0,4136,187739,00.html?

Stressed nurses turn prostitutes
Hospitals in Queensland experiencing exodus
December 24, 2008

THEY claim that they were overworked and poorly-paid, exhausted and demoralised.

So, some nurses have chosen to quit their work in hospitals in Queensland for prostitution, reported The Courier Mail in Australia.

The paper reported one former registered nurse with 10 years' experience, who said that she and at least four of her colleagues found new jobs working in brothels.

The mother of two, who wanted to be known only as Jenna, said: 'We could no longer work in such an understaffed and stressful environment.

'I was overworked, poorly paid and a mistake could have led to charges if I caused a death.

'I came to the conclusion the nursing shortage wasn't my problem but it was my responsibility to protect myself from burning out or making a fatal mistake.'

Jenna told the paper she had gone to great lengths to keep her family in the dark over her new job.

She said: 'I wear my nurse's uniform to work, I carry my hospital ID. But when I get to work I change. There's a couple of others who do the same.'

Queensland Nurses Union assistant secretary Beth Mohle said the union was aware that there is an exodus of nurses due to workloads and burnout. They are also experiencing record levels of frustration.

'A survey of nurses' attitudes undertaken last year found most nurses love nursing but hate their jobs,' she said.

'There's a tension there that nurses feel they can't deliver the quality of nursing they want to.'

She said based on population growth projections, Queensland would need an additional 16,000 nurses in the private, public and aged-care sectors by 2014.

'Queensland is already behind the rest of Australia in terms of registered nurse numbers and is over-represented in the unlicensed assistant-in-nursing category,' Ms Mohle said.

'Of the 16,100 nursing assistants in Australia in 2006, Queensland had a massive 7,300, or nearly 50 per cent. This points to a serious skill mix problem, as well as a numerical problem, within the Queensland nursing workforce.'

In the same survey, 45 per cent of nurses said they had experienced workplace violence, which is more prevalent in the public and aged-care sectors than in the private sector.

Jenna said violence was more of a concern in hospitals than in the sex industry.

Good security at brothel

'The security (at the brothel) is wonderful. We have buzzers in our room, there are bracelets we can request if you have a client you're a bit suspicious of.'

Health Minister Stephen Robertson said it was disappointing some nurses were seeking alternative careers.

He said: 'Queensland nurses are now among the highest paid in Australia, having benefited from a 26 per cent wage increase since 2006.

'This is one of the factors which has helped us to recruit an extra 5,834 nurses since June 2005.'

Jenna highlighted the 'tiny tea-rooms' for nurses and the lack of recognition they received.

'After the Bali bomb blasts, the burns unit of the Royal Brisbane and Women's Hospital (RBWH) treated many additional patients. At the end, the doctor was given an award. The nurses got nothing,' she said.

She also revealed how doctors at the RBWH referred to nurses as 'Libra fleurs' - because they believed the floral tops of their uniforms resembled tampon boxes.

But Mr Robertson said the government had created a 'safe and supporting working environment for nurses'.

He said: 'We'll continue to work ... to ensure we have a strong nursing workforce, equipped to give Queenslanders the first-class health care they expect and deserve.'