• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Members are encouraged to install GOM or HOLA or TUNNELBEAR for an added layer of protection.

The SEX forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Strata-Living in Johor, Massive Building Defects

Botak1

Alfrescian
Loyal
I believe the Ujana Problems is considered "small", compared to the other Bigger Condos nearby,...

The purpose of this Post, is to share REAL Experience, and to try find Solutions,..

"Good Day, All,

I live in a Strata-Apartment in West Johor, named Ujana Apartments.

And from the beginning in 2012,December, there have been massive fundamental problems* with this apartment

Problems were "fixed", however the same problem re-surfaces again and again.

The developer absolves responsibility, by depending on documents that may be forged.

JMB was coerced into accepting superficial rectifications, but the defects remain, besides the inexperienced JMB, then-Chairman was believed to be Corrupted, and decided on many issues which went against the interest of Ujana, e.g.the Poolside Decking Repairs,..

The JMB passed on the problems to the MC, and this 2016,2017, 2018-until April 30th" MC, - being of suspicious in professional ethics- continue to deflect responsibilities to solve the problems*

This current MC refuses to entertain my queries, refuses to answer my questions <- Does the Strata Act specify that the MC Must give replies, answers ?

Owners are NOT united, because of majority of Owners, being "Investor-Owners",..

Problems persists after the DLP,

MA remains incompetent, and is actively engaged in private un-licenced property Agency-letting of Ujana units,etc.,...

*Problems,

1. Fire Monitors NOT working since beginning, in y2012

2. Water Riser Booster Pump, only 1 of 2 is working

3.Lightning Arrestors, NOT functioning well. Ujana had experienced at lease 4 lightning strikes over the years & everytime there is a lightning strike, the cctv, car park barriers,..access doors,..etc,..stops working

4. Defective Lifts - till to-day, there is still NO "Licence-to-Operate" for the Ujana Lifts

5. ..etc.,..

Help !!!!!!

What else, can I do ?
Legally, the Developer had cleverly escaped Liabilities.

Would any well-connected persons in this forum, be able to help me - by introducing me to the very Top Executive in UEM-Sunrise, Please ?

All Your Advice,..is very much Appreciated,
Thank You,
Sincerely,

ElfieFay

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually.. this kind of stuff is common.. we as residents in the strata group just have to swallow it.. in SG n everywhere is like this.. residents can't do anything at all or maybe we can but most of us just prefer to stay silence to avoid any unnecessary complicated problems..

Botak1

Alfrescian
Loyal
  • In SG,..the poor quality issues are neutered by so-called possibilities of en-bloc ?
    ..and People have lowered expectations,..rush to chase for Tenants,.etc.,.... ?
As Johor is trying to secure more immigrants to live in these new properties,...such poor-quality issues really are self-sabotauging' the Bigger, Grander Objectives,...

Most seem to be in a sense of self/mass-denials,...afraid of poorer sentiments resulting in lower rentals - due to revelations of poor quality issues.

But for the sake of the Greater Good, Long Term,...such issues must be addressed head-on, despite embarassessments, etc.,..

I need help to seek Justice for Ujana, and other Strata Properties,..

When I feedback and ask questions to the MC,...I get replies alleging that I am "Defaming" them, and the MC Chairman, Lawrence Tan can have the Audacity to tell Owners, "If You are Not Happy with Ujana, You can simply sell and move out"

We have a situation whereby this S'porean Chairman, together with another Singaporean "Lawyer", a Clement Franklin adopting threats of Litigation methods to scare most Owners, Residents,....instead of Answering Honest Questions, they give deceptive replies and cleverly use Legal Tricks to avoid Honesty.

If Owners continue Not to address such issues head-on,... MC's, MA's, Property Managers will continue to Abuse Common Funds resulting in Massive Deterioration of Facilities,...

Are there other Owners with similar mindsets, situation as I, out there ?
Please PM Me.

My objectives are simply to get what was originally promised to us, and to make our respective properties, Home.

Thank You.

AHGS14

Alfrescian
Loyal
  • In SG,..the poor quality issues are neutered by so-called possibilities of en-bloc ?
    ..and People have lowered expectations,..rush to chase for Tenants,.etc.,.... ?
As Johor is trying to secure more immigrants to live in these new properties,...such poor-quality issues really are self-sabotauging' the Bigger, Grander Objectives,...

Most seem to be in a sense of self/mass-denials,...afraid of poorer sentiments resulting in lower rentals - due to revelations of poor quality issues.

But for the sake of the Greater Good, Long Term,...such issues must be addressed head-on, despite embarassessments, etc.,..

I need help to seek Justice for Ujana, and other Strata Properties,..

When I feedback and ask questions to the MC,...I get replies alleging that I am "Defaming" them, and the MC Chairman, Lawrence Tan can have the Audacity to tell Owners, "If You are Not Happy with Ujana, You can simply sell and move out"

We have a situation whereby this S'porean Chairman, together with another Singaporean "Lawyer", a Clement Franklin adopting threats of Litigation methods to scare most Owners, Residents,....instead of Answering Honest Questions, they give deceptive replies and cleverly use Legal Tricks to avoid Honesty.

If Owners continue Not to address such issues head-on,... MC's, MA's, Property Managers will continue to Abuse Common Funds resulting in Massive Deterioration of Facilities,...

Are there other Owners with similar mindsets, situation as I, out there ?
Please PM Me.

My objectives are simply to get what was originally promised to us, and to make our respective properties, Home.

Thank You.
There is a new government in charge post 9 May. It may be a long shot, but can try filing your grievances with the new Ministers-in-charge, both at the national and state level.

Linsanitee

Alfrescian
Loyal
I believe the Ujana Problems is considered "small", compared to the other Bigger Condos nearby,...

The purpose of this Post, is to share REAL Experience, and to try find Solutions,..

"Good Day, All,

I live in a Strata-Apartment in West Johor, named Ujana Apartments.

And from the beginning in 2012,December, there have been massive fundamental problems* with this apartment

Problems were "fixed", however the same problem re-surfaces again and again.

The developer absolves responsibility, by depending on documents that may be forged.

JMB was coerced into accepting superficial rectifications, but the defects remain, besides the inexperienced JMB, then-Chairman was believed to be Corrupted, and decided on many issues which went against the interest of Ujana, e.g.the Poolside Decking Repairs,..

The JMB passed on the problems to the MC, and this 2016,2017, 2018-until April 30th" MC, - being of suspicious in professional ethics- continue to deflect responsibilities to solve the problems*

This current MC refuses to entertain my queries, refuses to answer my questions <- Does the Strata Act specify that the MC Must give replies, answers ?

Owners are NOT united, because of majority of Owners, being "Investor-Owners",..

Problems persists after the DLP,

MA remains incompetent, and is actively engaged in private un-licenced property Agency-letting of Ujana units,etc.,...

*Problems,

1. Fire Monitors NOT working since beginning, in y2012

2. Water Riser Booster Pump, only 1 of 2 is working

3.Lightning Arrestors, NOT functioning well. Ujana had experienced at lease 4 lightning strikes over the years & everytime there is a lightning strike, the cctv, car park barriers,..access doors,..etc,..stops working

4. Defective Lifts - till to-day, there is still NO "Licence-to-Operate" for the Ujana Lifts

5. ..etc.,..

Help !!!!!!

What else, can I do ?
Legally, the Developer had cleverly escaped Liabilities.

Would any well-connected persons in this forum, be able to help me - by introducing me to the very Top Executive in UEM-Sunrise, Please ?

All Your Advice,..is very much Appreciated,
Thank You,
Sincerely,
Any improvement on this?

Botak1

Alfrescian
Loyal
Any improvement on this?
1. The developer, UEM Sunrise still hides behind the legal layers of protocols,..

2. The Ujana MC had resigned,..and ex-masseur, Eve Choong (pretending to be the property manager of "Zoom Management & Services" continues to live inside Ujana , now as a Tenent, believed to be engaged in various illegal activities,..etc.,..

The ex-Chairman, Lawrence Tan was sighted on June 26th, stealing Ujana Documents out of Ujana's Lift Lobby,...and continues to NOT-co-operate in managing Ujana,..etc.,..and lackey, Clement Franklin (pretend-lawyer from SG) had sent various emails, Lying about the situation,... these are so-called "volunteers" who volunteer only for hidden benefits,..etc.,..

3. New Committee was elected on July 22nd during the EGM,....sofar still quiet from these new Committee / property manager,..

It IS VERY SHAMEFUL THAT THE POINT BLOCK CONDO, UJANA, IS BEING SO BADLY BUILT, DELIVERED,..MANAGED,..STICKING OUT DIRECTLY ACROSS FROM THE UEM-SUNRISE MARKETING HEADQUARTERS IN JOHOR !!

HOW to Buy UEM-Sunrise properties, when Ujana was built, so badly ?

East Ledang also has lotss of Horror stories about the UEM management Quality,...

I have even driven up all the way to KL to try to meet UEM-Sunrise CEO, Anwar Sarin,..but the Staff simply refused to accede to this request,...

The mass Denials by the Developer,..and many Owners continues,...

This "Iskandar Vision" is being sabouauged by such Developers and crooked Owners,..

If You seek further clarifications, please Do PM me.

Thanks

P.S. What else can I do, to seek the Justice to get Ujana defects Fixed ?

Linsanitee

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think need to seek support from the new committee. They must do something to address this major issues. The committee can also seek help from housing tribunal.

Botak1

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think need to seek support from the new committee. They must do something to address this major issues. The committee can also seek help from housing tribunal.
It's because of the Tribunal claim, that the previous committee had resigned.

Understand that the previous committee members, especially the Chairman is now facing possible Criminal Charges, for disobeying the Tribunal's orders,...

The Twists and Turns,..continues,....

Lotss of back-Stabbing by Owners, Still (I have the wounds on my back, still)

sgtsk

Alfrescian
Loyal
...only some of the appearance had changed,....
many Many other poor practices remains within this Organisation
Dr M now chairs the new board of khaznah of which Uem is a subsidiary. There is some hope of improvement. Horizon hills seems pretty well managed.

Linsanitee

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's because of the Tribunal claim, that the previous committee had resigned.

Understand that the previous committee members, especially the Chairman is now facing possible Criminal Charges, for disobeying the Tribunal's orders,...

The Twists and Turns,..continues,....

Lotss of back-Stabbing by Owners, Still (I have the wounds on my back, still)
Lets hope the new committee cando some changes. Stay positive.