• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Steven Lim Kor Kor Bets $300k On SingPost! Make or Break!

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
1660922627565.png

Steven Lim, 45, is best known as one of Singapore's strangest personalities.

However, he can now also qualify as one of the biggest holders of Singpost shares among ordinary, middle-class mortals.

Buy Singpost shares claim
In a recent candid face-to-face interview, Lim revealed he bought close to S$300,000 worth of one single Singapore stock without portfolio diversification.

A snippet of his claim was shared to TikTok on Aug. 17, about two months after the longer interview, which was not focused on any particular topic and with the interviewee making many animal noises throughout, appeared on YouTube on June 13.

Sold flat, dumped proceeds into Singpost shares
Based on what Lim was saying, he had finalised the sale of his HDB flat several months ago in early 2022, and then put the proceeds from the sale together with some more money he already had into Singpost stocks.

His buying in of Singpost shares occurred some time after March 2022, according to the S$0.65 per share price he mentioned.

When asked initially what stock he bought, Lim, who played coy at first, quickly said without hesitation: "I put it all in, in one stock. Just one stock."

"Just between you and me, Singpost lah."

The interviewer then asked: "You went all in on Singpost?

Lim replied: "I invested nearly about S$300,000 all in Singpost."

450,000 shares
He then revealed the specifics of his equity holding when he said at one point in the interview: "I bought in at S$0.65, 450,000 shares."

This comes up to S$292,500.

He further said the price hit S$0.73 at one point -- which was in late April and early May 2022, according to the price chart -- and it later sunk below S$0.68 from June 10.

Lim added that he was up S$30,000 to S$40,000 at that point based on his holding, but the global fall in equity prices resulted in a S$10,000 or so unrealised profit at that time.

Singpost shares are currently trading at S$0.62 price per share -- which means Lim is down S$13,500 or so.

Why bullish on Singpost?
Asked about his bullishness with regards to Singpost, Lim explained: "I just have confidence for this company. I know people still need the product. Need their services, by the way, they are not only in Singapore, they are doing globally, their trades and services as well."

He added: "Because at that time, even till now, I don't know what is your view on that, but I have strong belief on the company."

"If I'm not a strong believer, I would not have thrown S$300,000 in Singpost, am I right?"

"I only need to have one goal in mind."

"The final taking."

In response to the question of his price target for Singpost to exit his trade, Lim said he did not want to talk about it as it was "totally confidential".

Not mentioned in the interview is Singpost's mandatory annual dividend payout for ordinary shareholders.

The last round of declared dividend payout was 1.3 Singapore cents per unit.

At this rate, and if the next round of dividend payout amount per unit is the same, Lim will get S$5,850, based on his 450,000-unit holding if it is left unchanged.

Can retire now, he claims
Lim's boasts of his financial prowess is not new.

He has taken to the internet periodically over the years to talk about his purchases in stocks and the various businesses he owns, as well as claiming he could retire at any given time.

Asked about his retirement goals in this latest interview, Lim reiterated what he has publicly said before: "Actually, to be honest, for now I can even don't work for many, many years."

"I can actually eat Haidilao or Din Tai Fung for two persons, continuously, every single day, for 16 years," he also said, adding that he has done his calculations to come to this conclusion.

https://mothership.sg/2022/08/steven-lim-singpost-stocks/

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Only fools and losers still dabble with the SGX and Sinkie stocks.

He just craved the attention. And propagandist tabloid Mothershit gladly gave it to him. What a match made in heaven. :rolleyes:

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
Want to buy local counters, buy SIA. The airlines is our national pride and a symbol of SG. PAP will never let it falter.