• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat ST forum publish this lanchao letter

cocobobo

Alfrescian
Loyal
purebred sinkees are useless

Forum: Singaporeans seem less productive now after Covid-19​

Updated

11 Hours Ago

Facebook WhatsApp

I immigrated here 26 years ago and became a citizen 20 years ago. I worked in several companies as an engineer and a manager. I have many friends who are engineers and managers too, and some run their own businesses.
We all have this same feeling: Singapore’s productivity is coming down. People no longer work as hard as before, and working from home has been largely abused.
Recently, I needed to find a supplier for my product. I contacted a local supplier and one from China. The supplier from China always replied to me promptly, and didn’t seem to be on leave at any time. The local supplier always replied to me slowly. Quite often, I would get an auto-reply from his e-mail to say he was on leave. And the Chinese company’s quote was, of course, much lower.

I recently stayed in China for two months to visit my parent. I found that after Covid-19, all employees have returned to the office, and things are as they were before the pandemic. People generally work harder than in Singapore.
In Singapore, not everything has returned to pre-Covid-19 levels. Society seems to focus on work-life balance more and more.
Singapore has no natural resources. The only way to become rich is through working hard. Otherwise, we will be left behind, and eventually become an average country, getting more uncompetitive, and getting poorer.

David Lei Li

More On This Topic

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
CCP chink should fuck off back to China and stay there, instead of whining about our beautiful country.