• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

SPH wins "Most Transparent Company Award" for 10 consecutive years

Satyr

Alfrescian
Loyal
Everyone knows that and they also never try to hide the fact that they are the ruling party's propaganda machine. Isn't that transparent enough?

True enough. They are pretty transparent about where they stand. However, hiding that would be like hiding a wart on your nose.

Anyway I believe this award is for business reporting where they are actually alright. Take out their local political coverage and ST isn't a bad paper. I have compared them with papers in some big US cities (not NYC) with comparable populations and I think the standard of writing in ST is much better.

However, Singaporeans were ill-served by their political coverage. I use the past tense because, though their behaviour has not changed, their influence is too low to matter now.

Last edited:

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Mr Alan Chan, Chief Executive Officer of SPH, said: "I am delighted that SPH has been awarded the Most Transparent Company Award at the 14th SIAS Investors' Choice Award. Winning this award for ten consecutive years is a testament of the investment community's confidence in the board, management and staff of SPH. By adhering and maintaining a high standard of corporate governance and transparency, we help our investors gain a good understanding of our company's operations and strategies, while earning their trust and support at the same time."

He added: "I am also pleased that our journalists have once again been recognised for their editorial excellence. Their passion and dedication to their profession have been rewarded and I would like to congratulate them on their achievements."

The chief prostitute is so transparently insulting to ST readers: Whatever the merits, the award/citation from SIAS was for "transparency" in its Annual Report, not for the the brothel's products. For him to so conveniently link the two items is blatantly dishonest. But I suppose this reflects the editorial "policy" of the brothel press anyway. So we should not be surprised.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
"He added: "I am also pleased that our journalists have once again been recognised for their editorial excellence. Their passion and dedication to their profession have been rewarded and I would like to congratulate them on their achievements."

In short, he is saying that they have done an excellent BLOWJOB!!

Last edited:

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
[QUOTE

In short, he is saying that they have done an excellent BLOWJOB!![/QUOTE]

While trying to blow their own trumpet, bro.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
[QUOTE

In short, he is saying that they have done an excellent BLOWJOB!!

While trying to blow their own trumpet, bro.[/QUOTE]

Very noise bro! blowing trumpet & blowing the 'flute' at the same time...maybe that is what the pros at the 'brothel' does best...

tanwahp

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Forget how SPH achieved the transparent criteria. I don't even know what is a transparent award to a media company for. The media is the media, not the government. It doesn't need to be transparent - all it needs is to ask for transparency from the government.

kaipoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
Let be not be bias, SPH will report accurately the assets of LKY, Mps' ownership of foreign properties.....
That's true, but they like to imagine themselves as excellent journalists. That's an insult to the profession of journalism.