• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

SPF mistakenly arrest world renown NZ surgeon at Changi, Shit Times no report?

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Is there a more fucked up police force in the world then the SPF? These idiots thought that a world renown cardiac surgeon was a thief and arrested him at the Changi. Fucking idiots.

NZ heart surgeon Adam El-Gamel released in Singapore

The family of a world-renowned heart surgeon are relieved he was released without charge after he was arrested at Singapore's Changi Airport yesterday.

Adam El-Gamel, also known as Ahmed, was travelling with his wife, Valerie, from Auckland to India, where he was due to teach a new surgical technique to fellow surgeons, when he was arrested.

The surgeon's daughter, Nancy El-Gamel, said her family would now have to think twice before travelling.

"It's an example of how travel is changing," she said. "Anyone could, without reason, get held in a jail cell for questioning, anywhere in the world."

She encouraged anyone travelling overseas to ensure their visa and paperwork was up to date to avoid confusion.

"My father is a good man and we're relieved he has got the freedom he deserves."

She said her father was of Egyptian descent and that his appearance could have been related to his arrest.

"He definitely looks more Middle Eastern, but he doesn't wear any of the Middle Eastern clothing or robes," she said.

"He's not Muslim and doesn't practise Islam."

She had travelled with her father many times, and on a recent trip to Dallas he received less than hospitable treatment.

"Dad is a frequent flier so he is a Gold Star Alliance member, meaning he gets special access to VIP lounges, and the [air hostess] ushered us to the economy section and I had to pull her up and tell her that Dad had a gold card," she said.

"I can't see any other reason for the reaction he gets. Everywhere else apart from New Zealand he gets dirty looks.

"My dad works so much. He is either dedicating his life to saving people or he's at home being a great dad."

She said the family loved living in rural Waikato because they were always treated with respect there.

She got news that her father was released without charge at midnight, New Zealand time.

"I rang my mum and she was pretty hysterical and said Dad had been arrested, and I just couldn't believe it," she said.

The El-Gamels, who have lived with their daughter in Waikato for five years, had reached India on their British passports but were denied entry and sent back to Singapore.

The family have New Zealand permanent residency.

"Usually you could enter on a visitor visa, but they changed the rules on December 25, meaning those on a British passport are off that list, so we were sent back to Singapore," Valerie El-Gamel said.

The pair landed back in Singapore yesterday at 6.33am local time.

"We were going through immigration and I got through but Adam didn't," she said.

"A lady approached us and said something about theft and police took Adam away.

"I got a call from him about 30-40 minutes later saying he was being fingerprinted, and then half an hour after that he called me saying he was arrested.

"They think he's involved in a theft ring and has other passports, but he only has a British one."

She believed her husband's arrest was due to a misunderstanding.

She said she and her husband frequently travelled overseas together and her husband was treated differently all the time because of his appearance.

"It's been little things, but nothing as big as this. It could have something to do with the way he looks," she said.

The arrest came as the world is reeling from a terrorist attack in Paris where a dozen journalists and police at a French satirical magazine were shot dead.

The safetravel.govt.nz website advised caution to travellers to Singapore because of an underlying threat from terrorism.

"New Zealanders in Singapore should monitor any developments that may affect their safety and follow any instructions issued by the local authorities," the site said.

"Extensive measures to combat terrorism, including strong border controls, security and police surveillance, and restrictions on access to some public venues, have been put in place by the Singaporean Government."

Waikato District Health Board communications director Mary Anne Gill said El-Gamel had been employed by the board since January 2010.

"We know Adam very well and he is a highly valued and highly respected cardiothoracic surgeon, so it seems very strange," she said.

"He has made a big difference in a lot of patients' lives ."

Braemar Hospital chief executive Paul Bennett said he and his staff had worked with EL-Gamel for five years and had got to know him well.

"He's working here once a week," Bennett said.

"He's one of the world's best cardiac surgeons without a doubt. The last thing he would do is steal from anyone.

"It's unbelievable that this could happen. It's not the Adam that we know.

"Clearly there has been a misunderstanding. I find this absolutely incredulous."

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Maybe the police are stopping him to give him a voucher for being such a good surgeon? The traffic police did it recently.

SINGAPORE: Do not be alarmed the next time you get pulled over by a traffic policeman – you might just get a prize for being a conscientious motorist.

This is part of a Traffic Police initiative to encourage motorists to practise good driving habits.

Since the "Spot the Conscientious Motorists" programme was launched in October 2013, 391 motorists have been spotted and commended by the Traffic Police for displaying good driving habits such as signalling early and giving way to other road users.

Seven drivers were commended on Thursday (Jan 8). They received petrol vouchers worth S$40 and a plush toy.

Said Mr Lim Kam Seng, a stall owner: "I was stopped by the traffic police. I was wondering why since I haven't done anything wrong, but he said it was because I let him go; so there were no accidents. He said he wanted to commend, not summon me."

Mr Toh Teck Hui, a taxi driver, shared his sentiments: "When the traffic police stopped me I got a shock and I was wondering what happened. Earlier, there were two pedestrians crossing and then suddenly someone riding a bicycle as well, and I let them go. Then the traffic policeman stopped me. He said I had a good spirit."

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/good-drivers-get-praise/1577188.html

新加坡内阁总李

Alfrescian
Loyal
Maybe the police are stopping him to give him a voucher for being such a good surgeon? The traffic police did it recently.

3153577344_fdf6dc2db7.jpg

You talking dog's dick. Kao Lan!