• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Solar Eclipse on 010808

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
On August 1, 2008 a rare total solar eclipse will appear in the skies over parts of Canada, Greenland, Russia, Mongolia, and China.

During this spectacular event, the moon will cross in front of the sun, completely blocking out the sun's disk, and casting a shadow over part of the Earth.

While only people in a small area of the world will be able to see the eclipse in person, viewers all across the globe can view the eclipse as it happens on NASA TV and www.nasa.gov.

A total solar eclipse total solar eclipse is caused when the moon blots out the sun by passing directly between it and the earth, and has traditionally been associated with misfortune.

The latest eclipse is set to traverse half the earth over the course of two hours in August 1.

The path of the moon's umbral shadow, some 10,200 kilometres (6,375 miles) long, will begin in Canada and extend across northern Greenland, the Arctic, central Russia and Mongolia, before ending in northern China. But it will not cross Beijing.

It will make its final stop at sunset in Xi'an, capital of China's Shaanxi province and site of the famed terracotta army.

Solar eclipses were regarded as heavenly signs that foretold the future of emperors. Legends have it that two Chinese astrologers were beheaded in 2300 BC for failing to predict one.

In ancient times, western astrologers also believed eclipses had the power to start and stop wars, solve scientific puzzles, and trigger earthquakes and floods.

do u tink anything powerful (besides ze eclipse) wil happen 2molo? ... :p

Microsoft

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
In ancient times, western astrologers also believed eclipses had the power to start and stop wars, solve scientific puzzles, and trigger earthquakes and floods.

do u tink anything powerful (besides ze eclipse) wil happen 2molo? ... :p

Can solve moni not enuff problem onot har?? :biggrin:

Anything power happening onot ar?? There! ArDu! :biggrin::biggrin:

US stocks slump on weak US growth report

Fri, Aug 01, 2008
AFP

NEW YORK - US stocks slumped on Thursday, ending a two-day rally, as investors weighed a disappointing growth report on the US economy and a surprising rise in weekly unemployment claims.

The Dow Jones Industrial Average plunged 205.67 points, 1.78 per cent, to close at 11,378.02 and the tech-heavy Nasdaq composite fell 4.17 points, 0.18 per cent, to 2,325.55.

The broad-market Standard & Poor's 500 index dropped 16.88 points, 1.38 per cent, to finish at 1,267.38.

The Commerce Department reported the world's largest economy grew an annualised 1.9 per cent in the second quarter, picking up steam from a downwardly revised 0.9 per cent first quarter for gross domestic product (GDP).

But the second-quarter expansion missed market expectations of 2.3 per cent growth.

In addition, the department revised the first-quarter growth down by 0.1 percentage point, from 1.0 per cent, and lowered 2007 fourth-quarter growth to a 0.2 per cent contraction from a prior estimate of a 0.6 per cent gain.

It was the first time the US economy has slid into the red since the 2001 recession.

'The second-quarter headlines, coupled with the downward revision of fourth quarter GDP to a negative 0.2 per cent, and the downward revision to first quarter GDP to 0.9 per cent, are being viewed understandably in a negative light by the market,' analysts at Briefing.com wrote in a client note.

A surprising jump in weekly unemployment figures also rattled investors.

The Labor Department reported unemployment benefits claims rose by 44,000 in the week ended July 26, to 448,000, the sharpest rise in five years.

Most analysts expected jobless claims to fall by 9,000.

The weekly numbers are often volatile, nevertheless, the report raised concerns that Americans will tighten their belts and curb the consumer spending that fuels two-thirds of the US economy.

The report came ahead of Friday's July payrolls data. Most analysts expect a loss of 75,000 jobs and the unemployment rate to tick up to 5.6 per cent. In June the economy shed non-farm jobs for a sixth straight month and the jobless rate held steady at 5.5 per cent. -- AFP

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
... US stocks slump on weak US growth report

NEW YORK - US stocks slumped on Thursday, ...

It was the first time the US economy has slid into the red since the 2001 recession.

tis1 happened ytd, 310708, la ...

Microsoft

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Bad thing usually got early sign... ytd is slump... Yike!! scarely 2day ish collapse... :eek::biggrin::p

Big Sexy

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Solar Eclipse!!!! ... finally it is here..
The day MS transform back to his human self.:biggrin:

194826713_cb6c47ea2d.jpg

Anything power happening onot ar?? :biggrin::biggrin:

Microsoft

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
but you transform here .. transform there.. still a beast(wolf) lay..:biggrin: still a colour wolf :biggrin: :biggrin:

Color wolf is still better then color blind i guess... Majiam NatNat lidat 1st time i kopi with him he spk 2 me in Tamil...Haizz :biggrin::p

Microsoft

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
u mean dnat can speak tamil? i thought u tell me he only can speak bird language?:biggrin::biggrin:

Can... u oso can wat!! but then hor... 1 word oni lah... "walaucum". Dis 1 News n MRT got teach... KNN my nephew can read out the entire MRT broadcast tamil message... POWER... :biggrin::biggrin:

Big Sexy

Super Moderator
SuperMod
tamil very common mah.. everyday hear liao also can recite la... but
if your nephew can speak bird language like dnat.. then i say he POWER.. :biggrin: :biggrin:

KNN my nephew can read out the entire MRT broadcast tamil message... POWER... :biggrin::biggrin:

Microsoft

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
tamil very common mah.. everyday hear liao also can recite la... but
if your nephew can speak bird language like dnat.. then i say he POWER.. :biggrin: :biggrin:

Actually... all our minister can spk bird lang oso leh... So does all the grassroot ppl... Few yrs later hor GCE 'O' oso got dis subject leow... :biggrin::biggrin: